First Ride?

arich35

Original Poster
We will probably be at MK around 11 or 11:30 on Friday after arriving. First trip for our daughter (2) and her godmother, what would be your first ride?

Giss Neric

Since she's only 2: Any of the four. I would personally choose Little Mermaid first cause toddlers love that ride. Some kids find the dolls on it's a small world scary.

it's a small world.
Dumbo
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid.
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
When we took our son for the first time, he was 2 1/2, we rode Dumbo and then the carousel.

aliceismad

Dumbo. It's the classic. However, there's a nice playground to rest at while you wait "in line," so we chose to do that one a little later on my daughter's first trip because it would give us a little break indoors.

Pooh was my kid's first ride, and I think that's a pretty good choice as well, especially post-covid when the interactive queue elements are open. At that age my kid also loved the carousel, Magic Carpets, Little Mermaid, Jungle Cruise, and it's a small world. She went on others as well, but those were her favorites.

arich35

Original Poster
Dumbo. It's the classic. However, there's a nice playground to rest at while you wait "in line," so we chose to do that one a little later on my daughter's first trip because it would give us a little break indoors.

Pooh was my kid's first ride, and I think that's a pretty good choice as well, especially post-covid when the interactive queue elements are open. At that age my kid also loved the carousel, Magic Carpets, Little Mermaid, Jungle Cruise, and it's a small world. She went on others as well, but those were her favorites.
Pooh was one I was thinking about or Jungle Cruise but the wait at 11 would probably be a bit high. It's A Small World is another option, I think she would like the boat ride and everything to look at

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Careful with Pooh. The queue is dark and the ride can be scary for littles. If your kid isn't already a Pooh fan, it might not be best to start there.

aliceismad

Careful with Pooh. The queue is dark and the ride can be scary for littles. If your kid isn't already a Pooh fan, it might not be best to start there.
That's a good point. Not every kid is gonna love the heffalumps and woozles bit, or the storm. Mine did, but I could see it being a bit much for some.

I could also see the skeleton Ursula bit in Little Mermaid being hard for some kids. My little one was afraid of the movie for a while but wasn't phased by the ride. However, she also went on Pirates and Haunted Mansion at that age with no problems.

I forgot about Tea Cups, though. We all love Tea Cups at all ages.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's a good point. Not every kid is gonna love the heffalumps and woozles bit, or the storm. Mine did, but I could see it being a bit much for some.

I could also see the skeleton Ursula bit in Little Mermaid being hard for some kids. My little one was afraid of the movie for a while but wasn't phased by the ride. However, she also went on Pirates and Haunted Mansion at that age with no problems.

I forgot about Tea Cups, though. We all love Tea Cups at all ages.

My daughter was this age when we took her the first time, and once she had one scary experience with rides she screamed bloody murder for all rides for the rest of the trip. So we spent three days meeting princesses, basically 🙄🙄

aliceismad

My daughter was this age when we took her the first time, and once she had one scary experience with rides she screamed bloody murder for all rides for the rest of the trip. So we spent three days meeting princesses, basically 🙄🙄
Oh no! That would be awful.

I can still remember being frightened of Pirates on my first trip to Disneyland at 4 years old because no one warned me about the tiny waterfalls. It's no fun being sick or scared at Disney.

I think it helped my daughter that we showed her some videos of rides on youtube before we went to try to gauge her fear level. But it's hard to judge what kids are going to love or hate when they're that little.

arich35

Original Poster
That is one fear for us. She doesn't seem phased by the dark at home, she loves going fast on her tricycle and loves twirling around in the air. I haven't really ever seen her be scared of anything we have done so hopefully we avoid it but you just never know

Walt Disney1955

I seem to remember Small World being the first thing we rode in 1991. Whatever the case, it was sort of a tradition every time we went to MK to go up Main Street, go under the castle and ride Small World first before anything else. That's a great ride for a little kid to see as well to start with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom