First night of Honeymoon: Is Narcoossee's worth 2 dining credits?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Hi all!

As I'm sitting here planning out the dining for our Honeymoon this September, I was considering trading out 2 of our DDP TS credits for Narcoossee's. After looking at all of the Signature Dining location menus, the filet medallions and lobster tail looks amazing.

As of right now, I went ahead and snagged an ADR for the first night of our trip @ 7pm. MK has an EMH that night until 12am, so we'd be able to hop the monorail over after dinner to enjoy Wishes and maybe a spin or two on the mountains.

I was wondering if you think sacrificing an extra TS credit from our trip is worth us trying it out. If you've been there, let me know!

Thanks in advance. :wave:

KeithVH

Yes, always worth it. Great atmosphere makes it our date night place every trip - there are few places that are more romantic in the parks.

jakeman

So...most importantly, on the summary page of the forums the title of this thread is just "First night of Honeymoon: Is...":ROFLOL:

Narcoossee's is worth the 2 dining credits. It is not as flashy as some of the other signature dinning, but still great!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
So...most importantly, on the summary page of the forums the title of this thread is just "First night of Honeymoon: Is...":ROFLOL:
Wouldn't THAT be a fun thread! :lol: :p

_____

Thanks for all the feedback so far, everyone. I really appreciate it.

Disneybird

We celebrated our anniversay there in Jan. of this year. We were given menus with our names on them, and complimentary champagne. My husband and my future son-in-law both had the surf and turf and one of them declared it the best meal he has ever had.

happymom52003

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary there a couple of years ago. We thought it was romantic and the food was wonderful. I think it is well worth it!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Well, now that you all have helped me once, perhaps you can help me decide which restaurant to sacrifice...

Yak & Yeti
Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi
Tutto Italia
Kona Cafe

:slurp:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Well, now that you all have helped me once, perhaps you can help me decide which restaurant to sacrifice...

Yak & Yeti
Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi
Tutto Italia
Kona Cafe

:slurp:

I could forgo pretty much any of those except for Kona. I think I would be most likely to dump Crystal Place though. I don't care how pretty they try to make the place it will still always feel (and sound) like a school cafeteria to me. :lol: If you have your heart set on Crystal Palace my next choice would be to get rid of Sci Fi. The food isn't that special. :shrug:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Actually, I was leaning towards ditching Sci-Fi or Crystal Palace. Moreso Crystal Palace. MK closes at 7pm on the day we'll be going there, so we could get away with 2 CS meals that day. Honestly, I think DF wouldn't do well with Characters... :lookaroun

Thanks for your help, Ladies!

plaz10

I'm here to agree with you on your CP decision. When making my ADRs for my trip in may, I was going over choices with my boyfriend and he was not too keen on the character interaction. Good call on not taking the 20-30 yr old men to the character meal. Though they'd both be lying if they said they didn't want their picture with pooh! haha! have a great time, jenn!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Actually, I was leaning towards ditching Sci-Fi or Crystal Palace. Moreso Crystal Palace. MK closes at 7pm on the day we'll be going there, so we could get away with 2 CS meals that day. Honestly, I think DF wouldn't do well with Characters... :lookaroun

Thanks for your help, Ladies!

Dump Crystal Palace then. It is the second most annoying character meal on property...only to be outdone by Chef Mickey's.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I'm here to agree with you on your CP decision. When making my ADRs for my trip in may, I was going over choices with my boyfriend and he was not too keen on the character interaction. Good call on not taking the 20-30 yr old men to the character meal. Though they'd both be lying if they said they didn't want their picture with pooh! haha! have a great time, jenn!
Hey Jess! He'll be 30 when we take the trip and isn't a Disney fan. If I want the marriage to last past the Honeymoon, looks like I'll be dropping CP from my ADR list... :p
Dump Crystal Palace then. It is the second most annoying character meal on property...only to be outdone by Chef Mickey's.
You're right, as usual! I'm sure he'd be happier with Casey's, a Dole Whip and Cosmic Ray's than he'd ever be at a Character meal. It's bad enough he's pretty much totally submitting to me to even take the trip, I don't want to make him think that 'creepy people' are bothering him while he eats. :zipit: :lol:

plaz10

are you guys doing 50's PT? I'm taking the boyfriend but I worry he will be like "hey quick haggling me while I'm trying to eat, I didn't come here to pay to get poked fun at." I fully warned him about the wait staff and he was not thrilled but not against the idea. I booked anyway due to Fantasmic! so he is going to have to deal with it. I was wondering if you thought the same about the DF and passed because of it. I'm worry I made the wrong choice:shrug:
I tried to tell him the atmosphere is great and the food is too (which he steers clear from great atmospheres thinking the food will be terrible, like his experience at rainforest AND TRex the last 2 trips)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
are you guys doing 50's PT? I'm taking the boyfriend but I worry he will be like "hey quick haggling me while I'm trying to eat, I didn't come here to pay to get poked fun at." I fully warned him about the wait staff and he was not thrilled but not against the idea. I booked anyway due to Fantasmic! so he is going to have to deal with it. I was wondering if you thought the same about the DF and passed because of it. I'm worry I made the wrong choice:shrug:
I tried to tell him the atmosphere is great and the food is too (which he steers clear from great atmospheres thinking the food will be terrible, like his experience at rainforest AND TRex the last 2 trips)
I was going to surprise him with 50s because it's one of my favorites and hope they messed with him really badly, but decided against it. Not knowing how it works there, he might snap at the Cousin and ruin the meal. If I were to warn him about the atmosphere before hand, he'd probably ask me to change the ADR to somewhere else. That's why I booked Sci-Fi instead... Not worth the possible hassle. :lol: :hammer:

plaz10

I was going to surprise him with 50s because it's one of my favorites and hope they messed with him really badly, but decided against it. Not knowing how it works there, he might snap at the Cousin and ruin the meal. If I were to warn him about the atmosphere before hand, he'd probably ask me to change the ADR to somewhere else. That's why I booked Sci-Fi instead... Not worth the possible hassle. :lol: :hammer:

yikes. now i'm worried the meal will be ruined by a grumpy boyfriend. we ate at mama melrose 2 years ago and we wanted something new, and I had really bad food experience at Sci Fi a few years back. so with those 2 out and brown derby being 2 TS credits and H&V being characters...50's is all we had for DHS. Hmmm well maybe he can just deal with it while I enjoy myself. haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom