First Night Hotel - Airport to Disney

pax_65

In April we're heading down for a stay at the Beach Club Villas and Old Key West (two of our favorite resorts). I wasn't able to get a room at Beach Club for our first night (we're on the wait list), but that's ok since our flight won't arrive until late anyway.

So I need a hotel for just one night, somewhere between the airport and Disney. On the one hand it doesn't have to be super fancy - a basic Holiday Inn type of room would probably do, but on the other hand I was thinking maybe there's some interesting hotel out there that our kids (12 and 9) might get a kick out of staying in for one night. I was also thinking maybe there's a place out there that serves a good breakfast!!

Thanks for any ideas!

GoochDSA

The Gaylord Palms is basically on the way to and from the airport (if you ever noticed the giant building with the big glass dome on top, thats the place). I was there back in September for a convention. The inside of the hotel is really unique and very nice. The inside of the hotel looks like the outside of different sections of Florida. There are actual alligators inside and depending on what day you are there you can actually watch the alligators get fed which is pretty cool. There are several places to eat from a great steak house to a nice buffet. It's not the cheapest place, but its worth checking out.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

The Gaylord Palms is basically on the way to and from the airport (if you ever noticed the giant building with the big glass dome on top, thats the place). I was there back in September for a convention. The inside of the hotel is really unique and very nice. The inside of the hotel looks like the outside of different sections of Florida. There are actual alligators inside and depending on what day you are there you can actually watch the alligators get fed which is pretty cool. There are several places to eat from a great steak house to a nice buffet. It's not the cheapest place, but its worth checking out.

I have been to conventions there as well - Gaylord Palms is a nice place to stay.

The World Center Marriott is another nice, if a bit pricey, hotel in the area that is nice. It has a very very nice feature pool, that puts some of the WDW ones to shame (and a nice golf course if thats your bag - I think greens fees were in the $100 range)

-dave

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We were in a situation similar to yours and before we changed plans, we were going to stay at the Regal Sun in the off-site DTD area. It looked beautiful and the price was decent.

Upvote 0

DisneyNole

Have you considered staying at a Disney value resort your first night so that you can take advantage of the Magical Express service? That way you wouldn't have to rent a car. I once changed Disney hotels after the first night and the luggage was delivered into our next room without problem.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

The airport Hyatt is ultra convenient (and somewhat pricey) - but nothing special for the kids, I'd say. I have stayed there in the past when a late flight has me into OIA. Save an extra car rental day too.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

My 2 suggestions have been mentioned.

1. The Nick hotel. It looks awesome and I can't wait to stay there with my kiddies. You can still use the cool water park area the next day you will be there.

2. The hotel in the airport is very convienient. Last year when we went to Disney we got in at aboutmidnight. We stayed at the Disney resort (without a pkg for that night) but we got there soooo late and we were zonked and then wired and couldn't fall asleep. This would have been amuch better choice for us. Then you can get up leisurly and go right to ME and head to your Disney resort. Every time I have arrived early in the morning I have NEVER not had my room ready. I have checked in as early as 9 am!

Upvote 0

dizzney

Ditto on the idea of the value resort for one night, we have used the trnasfer service several times when moving between resorts and its so easy. And this way you'[re already experiencing the magic!

Upvote 0

armyfamilyof5

I have been to conventions there as well - Gaylord Palms is a nice place to stay.

The World Center Marriott is another nice, if a bit pricey, hotel in the area that is nice. It has a very very nice feature pool, that puts some of the WDW ones to shame (and a nice golf course if thats your bag - I think greens fees were in the $100 range)

-dave

We have stayed at Gaylord Palms, it's very nice. As a member of mousesavers.com you can get some special rates there, membership is free.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We have stayed at Buena Vista Suites and it's a great hotel. It's right outside of Disney and it cost us approx. $89 a night which included a free hot breakfast buffet. The rooms were a good size and very clean (each also had fridge , microwave & coffee pot). The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good (nice selection of hot & cold items and restaurant was clean too).

Upvote 0

Skylinecar1982

Keep in mind if you stay at a value before going to the beach club your kids may do nothing but talk about how awesome that value resort was compared to the beach club.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom