• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

First look at the new ships!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Premium Member
To me, they're starting to lose that classic ocean liner look and are becoming like other cruise ships--tipped over milk cartons. Disney's are better than others, like Carnival, but compare this new design to the sleek profile of the Magic and Wonder. Yeah, these are bigger and more profitable, but they harken back to . . . Nothing.
They aren’t that much bigger than the fantasy and dream. And still look very similar to me.

ChuckElias

Advertisement
To me, they're starting to lose that classic ocean liner look and are becoming like other cruise ships--tipped over milk cartons. Disney's are better than others, like Carnival, but compare this new design to the sleek profile of the Magic and Wonder. Yeah, these are bigger and more profitable, but they harken back to . . . Nothing.
I agree completely, and i actually said the same thing when i first saw the Dream after it was completed. Still pretty, but not as pretty as the Magic.

EOD K9

I agree completely, and i actually said the same thing when i first saw the Dream after it was completed. Still pretty, but not as pretty as the Magic.
I think if the fleet expands again and goes much bigger, they classic look is gone. The Magic and Wonder really have the look while the Dream and Fantasy are still very nice. After that, and they will be like everyone else. That's something they need to work on. Separate themselves.

Top Bottom