• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

First look at the new ships!

EOD K9

Advertisement
I'm assuming the bump outs are bigger family suites. Other than that, it looks mostly about(ish) the same size as the Fantasy and Dream.

Maccabee18

I wonder if the bump out also gives the ship more deck space on the pool decks and also to add additional features to any slide/ride systems. Would also be great if the technology gives you a Magic Band instead of a room key like they've incorporated into the kids clubs.

NelleBelle

I wonder if the bump out also gives the ship more deck space on the pool decks and also to add additional features to any slide/ride systems. Would also be great if the technology gives you a Magic Band instead of a room key like they've incorporated into the kids clubs.
That would be really nice if they had MB technology on the ships. I know other cruise lines have something similar (but charge extra for it).

21stamps

I would guess that and the fact that the Aft verandahs are so popular they found a way to add that in more places.
This is one thing I find so odd about DCL.. on all other lines the aft balconies are more expensive than the normal balconies, by several hundred dollars.. but on DCL, a 5a is the most expensive non-suite balcony. You’d think they’d capitalize on the aft. Any reason why they don’t?

NelleBelle

This is one thing I find so odd about DCL.. on all other lines the aft balconies are more expensive than the normal balconies, by several hundred dollars.. but on DCL, a 5a is the most expensive non-suite balcony. You’d think they’d capitalize on the aft. Any reason why they don’t?
Hmm, maybe because the aft tend to collect soot? I have no clue, honestly other than that :)

21stamps

I honestly have never experienced that and have stayed AFT Verandah plenty of times.
Me either.

Because I am not complaining that I want to pay more for such a great room?
Right, but for example I paid $600 more for 2 people in an aft vs a regular balcony on my last cruise. I’m not saying that I’d like to see Disney charge for it, I’m just surprised that they don’t.

21stamps

That's good to know since we've always wanted to try one of the aft verandahs. Are they any louder than the other mid/fwd?
Aft is great because you don’t get the wind of the other balconies, they’re typically larger, and better protection from the rain. I don’t notice them being louder at all.

Last edited:

Rlandrigan

Heck, the deep balcony of the aft veranda rooms was what made me look at DCL even though I knew it was too expensive...so, after our March 2019 trip:), we'll be planning a 2021 trip on the new ship, just to compare, you understand...

Top Bottom