First look at the new parade Mickey's Storybook Express at Shanghai

brb1006

Original Poster
Here's a photo of the upcoming daytime parade showing one of the floats for Mickey's Storybook Express.
tumblr_o4nyalladf1sa3t1go1_1280-jpg.137515

Concept Art
shdr-ent-mickeys-storybook-express-hero-jpg.137514

No Name

The color sceme looks a bit off and inconsistent to me, but otherwise, I have no issues. I generally like how it looks.

Of course we're only seeing the float alone. It might look wonderful in action and with the rest of the floats and characters, so it's not fair for me to judge it by that picture. We don't know who is going to be on the float and who or what other things will be around it. The fact that the back has less of a "playful" color scheme than the front might work well to focus on whoever is in the train. I'm sure the people who designed the float thought it through.

Also, we do not know that all of those characters will be on this one float. That concept art shows one float, but is meant to capture the essence of the whole parade. Clearly it's not very precise and accurate art either. So maybe no characters are standing on those ledges and Mickey's got the whole engine to himself, we just don't know. Until I see otherwise, I think the parade will be great.

Bacon

Both Captain Hook and Mr. Smee were supposed to be on that anchor, but in reality they discovered that it wouldn't work... I'm not surprised when some of the characters on the concept art will not make it to the float.
Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_18602.jpg
Um it says artist's concept only...

Kman101

DisneylandBerry on Twitter has just posted some photos of the floats. Looks like a lot of photos of Shanghai Disneyland are hitting Twitter and it looks pretty amazing in terms of theming. Definitely a higher level. Tomorrowland looks slightly ehh ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom