First DVC stay question about check in times

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
Is it true that you wont get your rooms until 4 pm or later? Our check in day at VGF was one of our resort days, we had planned on swimming and then getting ready for MNSSHP around 3pm...

Nottamus

We arrive every trip early...9-10 am, and although we get the 'your room is not quite ready' text as soon as we arrive on property, its never later than noonish that we receive the "room is ready" one.

correcaminos

Many years of stays. Most of the time we get our room before 1-2pm. Sometimes as early as 9-10am. Rarely (BWV I'm looking at you) we've had to wait until past 4pm.

That all said you can use the locker rooms and pool area prior to check in. That shouldn't be a problem. There are usually nice areas to change and such just for that. Hopefully you'll have great luck getting your room :)

slappy magoo

They can't guarantee an earlier check in. A lot depends on how busy the resort is, if someone was checking out of the room you're assigned that morning, if that party left on time, how quickly it can be cleaned for you, etc. All you can do is let them know you prefer an early check in and they'll do their best. That early check in preference would take priority over any other preference you might have though.

Were you planning on going to the Halloween party in a costume or is it just a general cleanup kind of thing?
I know it's not ideal but if you just need to change into park clothes, you can plan ahead a bit by having bags with street cloithes you bring to the pools. There are showers by the pool closer to the VGF Villas. Not private showers per se, but you can at least rinse the chlorine off your body and out of your hair, use the rest rooms to change, then drop the bags with your suits with bell services to go with the rest of your stuff, then head over to MK.

Phonedave

Many years of stays. Most of the time we get our room before 1-2pm. Sometimes as early as 9-10am. Rarely (BWV I'm looking at you) we've had to wait until past 4pm.

That all said you can use the locker rooms and pool area prior to check in. That shouldn't be a problem. There are usually nice areas to change and such just for that. Hopefully you'll have great luck getting your room :)

I love BWV, but now that I think about it, that is the only place where my rooms are not ready early in the day.

wishiwere@wdw

We just stayed at Wilderness Lodge and used the online checkin feature in the app. While we didn’t expect early check-in, we were pleasantly surprised to get a text that our room was ready around 1:30. And since the text included our room number and we already had magic bands, we walked straight to our room and walked right in :). Like others have said, it’s simply not guaranteed.

NeedMoreMickey

Stayed at Saratoga Springs and never did get a text. Luckily we were spending time shopping at Disney Springs. Went back to the resort around 4:00 and still had to wait around 20 minuets

DisDadWoz

It's luck of the draw based on who was assigned to the room before you. If they are out early and mousekeeping gets in there, you should be earlier. If not, plan on 3-4:00. We usually bring a backpack with extra clothes to change into if we are hitting up the pool when we arrive. If you don't have any other preferences besides early check in then chances are you'll get it.

wishiwere@wdw

Stayed at Saratoga Springs and never did get a text. Luckily we were spending time shopping at Disney Springs. Went back to the resort around 4:00 and still had to wait around 20 minuets
That’s a major bummer. I’m curious as to how you had done the check in process. Was it at the front desk or did you use the option in the MDE app? I ask because I was a bit surprised when I did the online check-in with the app that I had to re-enter my mobile number. This company probably knows more information about my life than I do so this struck me as odd. Anyway, just a thought that for the check-in notifications, perhaps it’s a one shot deal; sorta like checking in at a restaurant and they text you when the table is ready but they wouldn’t know your number for a future visit.

Anyway, hopefully things go smoother next time :).

nickys

Premium Member
That’s a major bummer. I’m curious as to how you had done the check in process. Was it at the front desk or did you use the option in the MDE app? I ask because I was a bit surprised when I did the online check-in with the app that I had to re-enter my mobile number. This company probably knows more information about my life than I do so this struck me as odd. Anyway, just a thought that for the check-in notifications, perhaps it’s a one shot deal; sorta like checking in at a restaurant and they text you when the table is ready but they wouldn’t know your number for a future visit.

Maybe in case your number has changed?

I don’t know, I never get texts because they’ll only text to a US mobile number. I only found that out when I read it on Mouseowners! Never thought to ask the CMs why we didn’t get one... :D

correcaminos

Maybe in case your number has changed?

I don’t know, I never get texts because they’ll only text to a US mobile number. I only found that out when I read it on Mouseowners! Never thought to ask the CMs why we didn’t get one... :D

The last time I got a text was in 2015. In fact the last handful of times I get no notification at all until I stop in the front desk. So we always plan to check in physically but at least doing it online can make it faster since info is in the system.

My number hasn't changed (have had it since 2001) and I will sometimes get it after I stop in the front desk. Kind of stupid how much it doesn't work.

EOD K9

Last month we were lucky twice. Before the cruise our room at SSR was ready by around noon. When we got back the room was ready around 1100 when we got off the boat. Unfortunately, there was such a terrible odor, like a musty or moldy smell that was overpowering. I called the front desk and they moved me to another room that was ready. So maybe we were lucky three times.

NeedMoreMickey

Pretty sure my sister checked in on line. When we got there around 10:30 we asked if our room was ready and they double checked my sister’s phone number. Switched over to Boardwalk two days later and our room was ready by noon and our luggage was there waiting for us.

pdude81

I also didn't get messages at any of the hotels during our 3 hotel split recently. The first one was already set up with charging privilages with and early check in request, but we stopped by the front desk to check and nothing was ready until 3 or so. The next two hotels I had to go to the front desk to set up my charging before the text came with a room number. Both of those times we stopped by after 5 or so. It's my suspicion that they won't check you into the next room until they know if you can charge on your MB or not, but this is just my guess and not told to me by any cast members

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom