First Disney cruise!!!

Karyn3

Original Poster
We are setting sail dec 30 . We will be on the dream for New Year’s Eve. Can anyone share any advise of must do’s or don’t. Since we can’t check in until 75 days , do you think we would be able to get reservations at Reny’s Or Palo’s Thank you

MaryJaneP

Welcome to the cruise forum. We can't help on your questions. We did enjoy a parents only meal at Palo on our last Caribbean cruise. We wouldn't base our enjoyment solely on activities and/or meals as to us it is everything together including just being relaxed and on an all-inclusive ship. We enjoyed what we did, which was not everything, we had no "must do's or don'ts" and our advice is to take it easy on yourselves to enjoy your vacation. Have a great cruise!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
On our 1st cruise, we were able to get a reservation for Palo when our booking window opened. I would certainly try at that time, but be flexible for a time - unlike rotational dining that has a fixed time (5:45 PM or 8:15PM, depending on which seating you chose), you can pick your dinner time at Palo and Remy.

As others have stated, review existing threads in this section. And visit the Disney Cruise Line blog - lots of good hints, tips, etc. And maybe past Navigators (DCL's on board paper guide delivered to your stateroom every evening).

Download the Navigator app. Wealth of info about your cruise, once on board. It has a countdown you can set up now - all other features not activated until you board.

I agree. We took our 1st ever cruise on The Dream four weeks ago. Didn't come CLOSE to doing everything we wanted to do onboard. Will do a 5-night cruise next time so we can casually get it all in.

People were awesome, service was fantastic, shows were unbelievable and food was delicious... Our party included me, wife, 16 yr old, 14 yr old and mother-in-law. We were all nearly in tears when we got off the ship Monday morning.

We ate with the rotation we were given and it was amazing. Didn't do the Adult Dining, but don't regret it one bit.

My wife and I did do the Mixology Class (that's an "adult" thing). You learn to make 5 drinks, each... and since my wife is not a big drinker, I had 8, she had 2.... it was in Skylight Lounge... fantastic time.

Fire away with more questions. I started a thread 6 weeks before my trip and the great folks in here had me WELL prepared!

Karyn3

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your reply. We’re you able to get into the mixology class on the ship or pre sailing?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thank you so much for your reply. We’re you able to get into the mixology class on the ship or pre sailing?

You can book the class when your online check-in window opens or once you board. We've done it both ways. Just make sure to have a big lunch before you go, as most of the cocktails are full size. But you can always blame your unsteady walk on the ship's rocking. I did that after our tequila class. Someone didn't show so I couldn't let those filled glasses go to waste, now could I. 😉

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
To book Palo or Remy I will advise you to pay off the trip a day or 2 prior to the day you can make your excursions, etc since right at 12:01AM you will need to be on your computer logged into your account to grab those

Pam

All the Mixology classes were full leading up to the cruise. However, the day we boarded, we were introduced in the lobby, then turned right to the Customer Service station and they put us in one.

As a side note, we had someone show up at the class who had not previously signed up, but since there was a No Show, they quickly registered them and let them join in the drunk, er, I mean, drinking!

LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom