Trip Report First Annual Family Cruise Fun

The Details

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes), Kingdom Konsultant Agents and Fellow WDWMagicers :D

IMG_0980.jpg

When: June 20-22 at Walt Disney World and June 22-26 on the Disney Dream

What: 1st Annual Family Cruise! We had two days of pre-cruise fun at Walt Disney World and then went on a 4 Night Bahamian Cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay!

This was our 4th Disney cruise and our second time on the Disney Dream. More importantly this was the 1st Annual WDWMAGIC/Kingdom Konsultants Family Cruise!! I was so excited when this cruise was announced and knew I just had to go on this cruise. :) Wes and I were just on the Disney Magic back in January for a 7 night cruise so doing another cruise in the same year was kinda nuts but we made it work. There was no way I was going to miss out on all the fun! :D

Saturday June 20th – Walt Disney World Here We Come! Woo hoo! :D

We had an early morning flight…at 5:40am to be exact, which meant that we had to wake up at 3am. o_O We spent the night at my parents house since they live closer to the airport and so my dad could give us a ride. It was a very early morning and I was going on pretty much no sleep. Every night before a Disney trip, I’m like that kid in the commercial where I’m just too excited to sleep! :D

So, I was up and getting ready at 3am and successfully managed to burn my left index finger on my hair straightener. Ouch! Not the smartest thing to do but that’s what happens when you are up at 3am and didn’t get any sleep.

(Oh and on the plane is when I realized that I forgot to pack my sweaters to wear to dinner. Goodness it had been quite a morning.)

We had a lot of suitcases this trip because I decided I was going to do fish extender gifts! :) This would be our first time participating so I was really excited. We had a group for fish extenders with the Family Cruise group but then I decided to also join another FE group with a Facebook group. I’m crazy, I know. What was I thinking joining two FE groups on my first go round? I just couldn’t help myself. I was so excited to be crafty!

We ended up with two additional suitcases filled with gifts. I was worried that if we checked those bags they may get lost and I didn’t want to risk it. So we had some extra luggage to carry on.

Our flight to Orlando was uneventful and we landed on time at 7:20am. Thank you Southwest! We got to DME a little before 8am. I LOVE getting to Orlando so early!!

IMG_9474.jpg

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

For this short trip, we would be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. This would be our first time staying at this resort so I was excited to check it out.

IMG_9478.jpg

IMG_9479.jpg

Don’t look so excited Westin!

IMG_9480.jpg

After I took the above picture, our bus driver said “Give me the camera” :D He was very nice to offer to take our picture.

IMG_9481.jpg

My father in law complained after our January cruise that we didn’t take enough pictures of ourselves. Hahaha We were off to a good start this trip with a photo of the two of us within 20 minutes of the start of the trip. :D

We were the first ones to board the bus so we got seats right up front. Woo hoo! While we waited for other guests to board, we chatted with the bus driver. He was really nice and we talked about all kinds of things but mostly about the TV show, The Blacklist.

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9489.jpg

I love this sight!

We arrived at POR around 9am and went to check in.

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9492.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

Our room wasn’t ready when we checked in but they were able to get us a room that was. We ended up being upgraded to a pool view room. Whoop whoop! :) I didn’t care so much about the view since we were only there for two nights but I was really excited that we could drop off all our bags in our room.

Our room was in Magnolia Terrace so we made our way there. Our room was on the first floor.

IMG_9504.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

Wes knows the drill that when we get into our room, I have to take pictures. He decided to photo bomb some of them.

IMG_9494.jpg

Thanks, Wes.

IMG_9495.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

I love all of the new bedspreads in the rooms. It makes the rooms feel a lot sleeker.

IMG_9498.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9499.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9500.jpg

IMG_9501.jpg

And there he is again…

IMG_9502.jpg

After I was done taking some pictures, we got ready to head to the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_9506.jpg

My lens was just a little foggy Hahaha

IMG_9507.jpg

That’s better :)

IMG_9509.jpg

2015-06-20%2009.25.01.jpg

First Instagram of the trip

We caught one of the newer buses that are HUGE. We weren’t able to get a seat so we had to stand in the middle section. I have trouble reaching the hand rails so it was a little wild ride. :)

IMG_9511.jpg

We casually walked down Main Street and then checked out the new hub area.

2015-06-20%2010.05.14.jpg

Wes likes to be meta and takes pictures of me taking pictures. :D

IMG_9523.jpg

IMG_9525.jpg

IMG_9527.jpg

I really like the new hub area! The fountains and grassy areas are so nice!

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

If you’ve read my past trip reports, you know I have a few photo series going. I take pictures of trashcans, restroom signs and of myself popping out from behind things. Well, I was starting to run out of things to pop out behind and knew I needed to find a new series. I think I’ve found it…

2015-06-20%2010.09.05.jpg

Say hello to my new photo series! :D

2015-06-20%2010.09.35.jpg

2015-06-20%2010.09.20.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

We like to be meta and take pictures of each other taking pictures of each other. :D

IMG_9575.jpg

2015-06-20%2011.04.00.jpg

I hadn’t been on the Mad Tea Party teacups in YEARS! I figured it was about time I go for a spin. I didn’t let Wes spin us though. I get motion sickness…that would have been bad.

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg

Don’t look so excited…

IMG_9596.jpg

IMG_9597.jpg

Wooooooooo Teacups!!!

IMG_9606.jpg

IMG_9608.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9617.jpg

2015-06-20%2011.30.30.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

2015-06-20%2011.39.01.jpg

IMG_9623.jpg

We had reservations for lunch at Be Our Guest at 11:45am so that’s where we went next.

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9630.jpg

This guy looks so sad

We had ordered our meal ahead of time so we went in and grabbed a table in the Rose Gallery room. We seem to always pick this room. :)

IMG_9634.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

Wes got the turkey sandwich and I went with the croque monsieur. Wes had gotten his sandwich before so he knew he liked it. I wanted to try something new and I was under whelmed with my sandwich. It was okay. I just didn’t think it was good enough to order again.

IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9639.jpg

We decided to just split a cupcake. I had to pace myself on this trip Hahaha

IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9643.jpg

IMG_9644.jpg

IMG_9645.jpg

IMG_9646.jpg

IMG_9647.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9650.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9654.jpg

I really love Be Our Guest. I know it’s so difficult to get a reservation and it’s over hyped but I love the restaurant. The details in there are so amazing. I could spend hours in there taking pictures. Oh…and the food is pretty good too! :D

We had a FP+ to use for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so we made our way over to Frontierland.

IMG_9658.jpg

Cute sign!

IMG_9661.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9668.jpg

After the wildest ride in the wilderness, we went to my favorite store…

IMG_9672.jpg

Can you guess?

It’s Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe!

IMG_9673.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE

IMG_9675.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

I wanted to buy this ornament sooooo bad but I was worried about it making it from WDW to the cruise and then home. Next time, ornament…next time. :)

I bought a Fitbit a few weeks before this trip and I was really excited to use it in WDW. Let’s be honest…that’s the real reason I bought this thing! Hahaha I wanted to see how many steps I took on my trips. If you aren’t familiar with a Fitbit, it measures the number of steps, miles, floors climbed and calories burned every day. It also tracks my sleep so I know how restful my sleep was.

It was in the Christmas shop that I hit my daily goal of 10,000 steps. Woo hoo! And it was only 1pm! Dang. :)

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

We then went to my favorite restrooms on all of WDW property…the Tangled restrooms! It’s really crazy but I make sure to visit this restroom area every time I visit the Magic Kingdom. It’s just so cute!

IMG_9683.jpg

Wes was really tired since we were up so early and my phone was running low on battery so we took a moment to rest and re-charge, both ourselves and my phone.

IMG_9684.jpg

This is genius!

IMG_9685.jpg

Wes took a power nap at the table and put his head down. When he sat up, he had lines from the table on his forehead. Hahaha

it’s a small world is a classic attraction that I feel like I have to do every trip. Wes hates it but he loves me so that’s where we went next. :D

IMG_9690.jpg

2015-06-20%2014.01.31.jpg

Can you tell how much Wes loves this ride?

While stuck towards the end of the happiest voyage that ever sailed, I started getting group text messages from Pam (@Kingdom Konsultant) and Stacy (@mammaminnie) that they were in the MK. We were trying to figure out where to meet up. Wes and I had our last FP+ to use at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train so we made our way there.

IMG_9691.jpg

I wasn’t a huge fan of 7DMT the first time we rode, but I enjoyed it more this time. It was at this point that Wes was starting to fade really fast. We went in a gift shop in Frontierland to see if they had anything that may give him a boost. I suggested that he get straight up sugar. :D Hahaha The cast member behind the register heard me tell Wes to chug some sugar and suggested that he go with a Monster energy drink instead. That’ll work too!

2015-06-20%2014.32.12.jpg

Pam and Stacy and their families were still hung up at other attractions so Wes and I decided to grab a FP+ for the Jungle Cruise.

IMG_9692.jpg

Had to get a picture of the new sign

IMG_9693.jpg

IMG_9694.jpg

Right as we got in line, the ride had to close because lighting struck in the area. Boo. :( I sent Pam a text and we made our way over to the Haunted Mansion to join her and the rest of the family.

It was so great seeing Pam and the rest of the family! :D We went on HM and by the time we were done, Stacy and her family were there to meet us.

It was still drizzling a little bit so we decided to go see the Country Bears. This was another attraction that I hadn’t done in a really long time.

IMG_9698.jpg

After Country Bears, we parted ways with the rest of the group. We wanted to go check out Trader Sam’s before our dinner reservation at Ohana with everyone. I took a couple pictures on our way out.

IMG_9700.jpg

IMG_9704.jpg

Last edited:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We hopped on the monorail and sat on opposite sides of the car. Wes started discreetly taking pictures of me but he wasn’t discreet enough because I caught him.

IMG_9722.jpg

2015-06-20%2016.22.04.jpg

2015-06-20%2016.22.11.jpg

We got to the Polynesian around 4:30pm. Naturally I took some pictures of the new lobby on our way to Trader Sam’s.

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9725.jpg

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

IMG_9728.jpg

I really like the new lobby at the Poly. I didn’t have any sentimental attachment to the old layout so I didn’t mind the refurb. This is the last Deluxe resort I need to check off my list and I’m hoping to stay here after all of the construction is completed. :)

IMG_9730.jpg

Trader Sam’s had just opened at 4pm and there was already an hour wait! Yikes. :eek: We had dinner reservations at 5pm so we knew that we couldn’t wait to sit inside. I was bummed not to get inside but we were still able to go outside and enjoy some drinks. There was also a guy playing some Hawaiian music on the patio, which was really nice. I felt like I was in Hawaii!

IMG_9731.jpg

2015-06-20%2016.39.41-1.jpg

Instagram!

IMG_9733.jpg

While I was taking pictures of my drinks, a girl came over to me and said “I think I’ve read your trip reports.” :D Her and her husband were going to the luau at the Poly. Her name was also Ashley. She said she doesn’t post on here often but reads the trip reports. Hi Ashley if you are reading this! :) So neat!

As Ashley was leaving, Pam and her family arrived. They ordered some drinks and then we all went upstairs for our reservation.

Tonight we were meeting Carissa (@sissa216 ), Marie (@wannabeBelle ), Pam, Stacy and families. I was excited to get to spend some time with everybody and I was excited for the food. This was the first time Wes and I would be eating dinner at Ohana. Crazy, I know! We had only ever done breakfast here before so I was looking forward to trying dinner.

IMG_9734.jpg

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9741.jpg

2015-06-20%2017.39.22.jpg

Mmm…Lapu Lapu

IMG_9744.jpg

My camera didn’t focus on the right thing but oh well…No time to waste when food is served family style :)

IMG_9746.jpg

IMG_9748.jpg

My thoughts on Ohana for dinner…I thought the food was really good but I don’t know if it’s worth the price. I just can’t eat that much food! I loved the wings and the noodles and the salad was really good too. My Lapu Lapu was also wonderful. :D I think I will stick with Ohana for breakfast but I would go back for dinner. I would just probably make sure that I didn’t eat breakfast or lunch that day so I could eat my money’s worth. Hahaha

Last edited:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
After dinner, Wes and I wanted to head back to the Magic Kingdom. Marie, Pam and family were headed that way too. I was so full after dinner that I suggested that we ride the PeopleMover 20 times in a row. Scott (@Mr KK) liked that idea so we made our way to Tomorrowland. :D

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

We didn’t end up going around 20 times. Darn. We went for one loop around Tomorrowland and then it was time for the Carousel of Progress. This is another attraction that I hadn’t done in years. I love that song!

Marie had a FP+ for 7DMT and I wanted to go on Peter Pan’s Flight so Wes and I walked with Marie towards Fantasyland. We would see Pam and fam tomorrow at Epcot. When we got to 7DMT, we noticed that there was only a 40 minute wait for standby. I really wanted to see what the standby queue looked like since we had only done FP+ so far. Wes knew that I wanted to see the queue so he suggested we get in line. :) I love that Wes puts up with me wanting to ride an attraction just to see what the queue looks like. Hahaha

IMG_9773.jpg

IMG_9774.jpg

IMG_9776.jpg

IMG_9777.jpg

IMG_9781.jpg

We ended up only waiting about 25 minutes. Not too shabby. And now that I’ve seen the standby queue, I have no need to see it again. :D

After 7DMT, we made our way to grab a spot for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I absolutely LOVE Celebrate the Magic. The technology blows me away and I love the music that goes along with it. That plus Wishes…simply magical!

IMG_9783.jpg

IMG_9786.jpg

2015-06-20%2021.42.51.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9796.jpg

IMG_9803.jpg

This was the first time I’d seen the summer portions of Celebrate the Magic. I love how they add new sections depending on the season.

During the Let it Go segment, there was a little girl next to us that starting belting out the song. She was ADORABLE! I would guess that she was probably 3 or 4. I know a lot of people are sick of all the Frozen stuff but this little girl’s reaction is why Disney keeps milking Frozen. The kids absolutely love it! It’s like Beatlemania. After the song, all of us around the little girl started clapping. It was a really cute moment.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
For Wishes, a really tall dude decided to stand in front of me and record the whole thing. I decided to make it work and just incorporate him into my picture. :)

2015-06-20%2022.02.55.jpg

2015-06-20%2022.11.09.jpg

Wes really wanted to leave after Wishes since we had already had such a long day but I wanted to stay. There were EMH until 2am and I really could have stayed, but Wes wasn’t having it. I was bummed that I didn’t get to see the new queue for Peter Pan’s Flight but I was okay with leaving. Wes, being the wonderful husband that he is, said alright, we’ll go on PP and then that’s it. :D

I think the wait time said around 40 minutes and we ended up waiting close to an hour. It was not a fun hour since Wes was tired and cranky. Hahaha I really did like the new queue though. As with the 7DMT queue, no need to see this queue again but I was glad that I saw it. :)

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9814.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9818.jpg

We returned from Neverland and made our exit. It had been a really long day and although I could have made it until 2am, I was fading fast.

IMG_9819.jpg

[IM]http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss359/wishiwasatwdw/Family Cruise 2015/IMG_9820.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_9823.jpg

We left the MK around 11:30pm and got back to POR around midnight. We got off at a bus stop that we thought was close to our building but we quickly realized that we had no idea where we were. Hahaha We had only been at the room for 30 minutes during the day and now it was dark and we were tired and lost. We wandered around and ended up cutting through some buildings. After about 10 minutes of looking, we found our building and our room. :D

Up next: Good times with a good friend and IllumiNations Dessert Party!

Jessica Meier

Loving it so far! Working on becoming a Disney TA so love that y'all do family trips! We are doing the Illuminations Dessert Party in October so am anxious to hear your thoughts!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I'm loving your TR! Your pictures are amazing. :)

Thanks for reading! :D

Loving it so far! Working on becoming a Disney TA so love that y'all do family trips! We are doing the Illuminations Dessert Party in October so am anxious to hear your thoughts!

Thank you! :) I love being a TA! We have a great bunch of agents and it's so fun to get to travel together on occasion. More report and my thoughts on the dessert party coming up soon. :D

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Sunday, June 21st – Lots of Steps, Food and Desserts!

This morning my friend Maggie was joining us. She moved to Orlando back in January, right before our January cruise, and I was really excited she could join us for a day in Epcot.

Wes decided the night before that he was going to sleep in a little bit this morning and join us later. Maggie got to the resort around 8am and I was still getting ready. I’m normally so good about getting up early on a Disney trip but I had to hit snooze a couple of times this morning. I ran out to meet Maggie and she was kind enough to pick us up some liquor for our cruise. :) I dropped the liquor off in the room and then we drove to Epcot.

IMG_9824.jpg

I took a picture so we wouldn’t forget where we parked :D

We got to the gates around 8:45am. Not as early as I would have liked for a 9am opening but whatcha gonna do. :)

IMG_9826.jpg

IMG_9828.jpg

We made a beeline for Soarin with the rest of the crowd and then did Test Track single rider. I love the Single Rider lines! It’s so nice when you don’t care if you ride together.

IMG_9831.jpg

2015-06-21%2009.18.13.jpg

Soarin Selfie

IMG_9832.jpg

2015-06-21%2009.41.47.jpg

We stopped in Mouse Gear and I was excited to see pet products again!

IMG_9833.jpg

IMG_9834.jpg

Super cute!

IMG_9835.jpg

LOVE this!!

Maggie had just bought her ticket this morning so she didn’t have any FPs+. We made our way to the FP+ kiosk so we could try to get her some that would overlap with the ones Wes and I already had. We did pretty good but there weren’t any available for Soarin so we switched ours to a Test Track time that would work for all of us.

We were a little hungry and thirsty so we stopped at the Fountain View.

IMG_9836.jpg

We went and grabbed a seat on a bench a little ways away.

IMG_9844.jpg

SUPERSTAR! (Said in the Mary Catherine Gallagher voice, of course)

2015-06-21%2010.11.37.jpg

I just had to post on Instagram :D

Wes sent me a text that he was on his way so we made our way up to SSE to meet him just in time for our FP+.

2015-06-21%2010.24.18.jpg

IMG_9846.jpg

A little SSE mirror shot a la @HollyBelle :D

IMG_9849.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

2015-06-21%2010.47.12.jpg

Wes’ face on both of the people in his future Hahaha

We stopped in Club Cool for some refreshments before we made our way to Living with the Land.

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_9852.jpg

On our way to Living with the Land we ran into Marie. She joined us for a relaxing boat ride and then we parted ways so she could use her Soarin FP+.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9855.jpg

IMG_9859.jpg

IMG_9860.jpg

“Monorail…what’s it called? Monorail! Monorail!”

IMG_9867.jpg

We hung out in the Seas for a while, cooling off and looking at all the fishys. It was so hot out today. It was nice to take some time to relax in the AC.

Maggie and I both have Fitbits so we were kind of competing today (hence my “lots of steps” sub-title). We decided to see how accurate each Fitbit was and figured out how many steps we each took to get from the Seas to Japan for our lunch reservation. Maggie’s Fitbit gave her way more steps than mine. No fair! Throughout the rest of the day, whenever we would stop and I would see Maggie still moving, I would then start walking in place. Then she would speed up her walking in place. :D We probably looked like crazy people!

We were eating lunch at Tokyo Dining today, another first for me. I love Teppan Edo but have never tried Tokyo Dining so I was really looking forward to it.

IMG_9869.jpg

IMG_9871.jpg

View from our table

IMG_9872.jpg

Edamame appetizer

Wes got some lunch special that came with a lot of food! Maggie got a salad (BORING) so I didn’t even bother taking a picture. I went with the California Rolls.

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_9874.jpg

All of our food was really good! I would absolutely go back here to eat again.

Wes’ lunch special also came with ice cream. Nice!

IMG_9876.jpg

Our table was right next to an outlet so I charged my phone throughout our meal. I asked the waitress if it would be all right before I plugged anything in. :)

IMG_9878.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9881.jpg

IMG_9883.jpg

After lunch we toured around Japan.

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

2015-06-21%2013.09.42-1.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

IMG_9890.jpg

Last edited:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9891.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

IMG_9897.jpg

IMG_9899.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

We continued our tour around World Showcase, stopping at the American Adventure pavilion, then Italy and Germany. In Germany, I thought I spotted Mary Ann (@MaryMcMagic) so I just shouted out “Mary Ann!”. Hahaha Sure enough, it was her. (When in doubt, just scream someone's name :D ) We stopped and chatted for a bit and then she was off to her lunch reservation at Via Napoli. We breezed by China and Norway and then made a stop in Mexico at La Cava del Tequila.

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9904.jpg

American trashcan

IMG_9905.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

IMG_9914.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

While I ran around taking pictures, Maggie and Wes found a spot in the shade.

IMG_9922.jpg

Nice, Wes.

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9926.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

2015-06-21%2013.31.58.jpg

2015-06-21%2013.32.22_1.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9947.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9952.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

IMG_9957.jpg

Maggie and I both got the Avocado margaritas. These are my favorite margaritas! It sounds crazy, but it’s so good!

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9961.jpg

We enjoyed our margaritas and the air conditioning. Did I mention it was really hot out today? I noticed that Maggie was looking a little burned and she pointed out the same to me. This turned into us poking each other on our sunburned shoulders and saying, “Ya burnt!” :D

We started up a conversation with a guy and girl at the table next to us. They were part of a Bachelor/Bachelorette party that was planning on drinking their way around World Showcase. They had some chips and salsa and the guy asked us if we wanted any. We said no thanks and he said “We didn’t double dip” to which the girl said “You didn’t? Oh, I did” Hahaha It was very nice of him to offer us their chips and salsa but we turned them down. They had to go join the rest of their group and we wished them luck on making it around the World. I’m not sure if they made it but I hope they did. :)

We made our way back around the World Showcase loop and that meant it was time for a cronut! AKA the croissant doughnut from the Refreshment Port and my absolute FAVORITE snack in all of WDW! Yes, I said it. It’s my favorite in the entire World. :D

IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9963.jpg

Oh, you glorious, glorious treat you!

We took our delicious treat and grabbed a seat in the UK for the next British Revolution performance.

We had some company at our spot in the shade. There were two ducks and a squirrel (that sounds like the beginning of a really good joke…) But it was no joke…these guys really wanted my cronut and I wasn’t having it. And by “I wasn’t having it,” I mean they weren’t having any of my cronut. :)

IMG_9966.jpg

Our feathered friend finally gave up and left us alone once I finished my cronut. While we waited for the band to come out, who should we run into but the number 1 groupie, Marie!

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_9971.jpg

Me and the Number 1 Groupie :D

We parted ways with Marie and then had some time to kill before our Test Track FP+. We wandered through Innoventions to see what was going on in there nowadays and then found a spot on a bench right outside. It was so hot out and it felt awesome every time someone would come out of Innoventions because the cold air would blow by us. :D

IMG_9973.jpg

We stayed on that wonderful bench for a few minutes and then made our way to TT.

IMG_9975.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I like to design our car with the Price is Right style of spinning the wheel and picking whatever it lands on.

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

Our final product

2015-06-21%2017.14.06.jpg

Next up was dinner at San Angel Inn. This was another first for us. We love, and I mean LOVE, La Hacienda de San Angel so I was interested to try San Angel Inn. I have always loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and figured this was a good trip to give it a try.

IMG_9981.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9986.jpg

I was happy to see that the chips and salsa was the same as at La Hacienda because chips and salsa are my favorite. Wes and Maggie wouldn’t let me get a good picture so I had to get some action shots. :D

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_9988.jpg

We got a couple of appetizers and decided to share. We had already eaten so much at lunch and then had margaritas and a cronut that we weren’t very hungry. And we still had to save room for our dessert party! Yikes!!

Wes and Maggie got the Tostadas de Tinga and I got the Quesadillas Rozadas.

IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_9990.jpg

I thought the food here was just okay. I don’t think I would go again when La Hacienda de San Angel is right next door and sooo much better food. I did like the chips and salsa and really liked the atmosphere. It’s not on my must do’s but I would give it another try and maybe order something different in the future.

After dinner, naturally we took a relaxing boat ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour. We got a seat in the front of the boat and Maggie and Wes decided to spread out.

IMG_9991.jpg

I told them to keep their legs and feet inside the boat at all times and they said that technically they were still inside the boat. Whatever :p

IMG_9992.jpg

After dinner, we went back to Mouse Gear so I could get my Dad a Father’s Day gift. Today was Father’s Day so clearly I was a little late in getting a gift. :) I bought him a golf hat and then ended up getting him a golf shirt on the cruise.

IMG_9999.jpg

It was about time to make our way to France to check in for our IllumiNations dessert party. :D

IMG_0001.jpg

Bunny in the UK

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Our dessert party location

2015-06-21%2020.11.03-2.jpg

Awesome gift bags for the First Annual WDWMagic/Kingdon Konsultant Family Cruise! Woo hoo!

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

We probably should have skipped dinner completely before the dessert party. We were still able to eat our fair share of desserts though. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom