First 10-day Trip

StoneCutter589

I've been to Disney World many times, but only for about 6 or 7 days each trip. This August, I'll be staying for 10 days for the first time. Does anyone have any tips about 10-day trips. Pacing? Planning? Thanks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Take your time, don't be as worried about hitting every ride the first time around, and try to find some time away from the parks- at DtD, mini-golf, at the water parks.....:)

Upvote 0

R W B

I can't wait till I can do a 14 night/ 10 day park trip. In may we did an 8 day trip and we felt like we had plenty of time for what ever we wanted like DTD and resort hoping. Like posted above, I'd say take time out for non park activities. Sleep in some maybe. Congrats and have fun.

Upvote 0

SMS55

With that much time you'll be able to do everything, don't worry. Take a day off or at the very least sleep in and lounge around the pool for a bit. You have time. If not you'll come back more tired than when you went.

Upvote 0

sbkline

As others have said, take a day or two, or possibly three, to do off property things. Do half days to allow either the rest of the day to relax, or to coincide with off property activities. For example, go to GatorLand during the day, then later that evening, either go into a park, or have supper at a resort. Our last trip was supposed to be for 10 days, but we ended up skipping the last day and going home early because I wasn't feeling well. We are going for 11 days in April (10 days at Disney and one at Nickelodean Suites). Just to give you an idea of sample itineraries, I will post my itinerary from last time, as well as my itinerary for this coming April.

April 2011
Monday: Arrive at Wilderness Lodge in the morning. Went to Downtown Disney. That evening, we went to Kissimmee to do our Walmarting and played mini-golf at Pirates Island, where we play every year.

Tuesday: Universal Studios. Finished up fairly early in the afternoon, then went to the Beach Club for ice cream at Beaches and Cream. We enjoyed the resort the rest of the afternoon/evening, with supper at Whispering Canyon.

Wednesday: Islands of Adventure. Got back around 4 PM or so, did some pool time, and then Hoop Dee Doo, followed by a wagon ride, which parked at the lake to watch Wishes.

Thursday: Magic Kingdom all day and evening, with a midday nap/pool break in the middle. Supper at Crystal Palace.

Friday: 8 AM breakfast at HollyWood & Vine, and DHS until midday. Back to hotel for nap/pool break, then the rest of the evening at Epcot, including supper at Via Napoli and EMH.

Saturday: GatorLand, followed by the Florida Mall. Back to hotel for a while, then supper at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

Sunday: Initially planned to go to the ocean for a couple hours. But my wife has a cousin in Orlando that she wanted to meet up with, so we took the boat to Ft Wilderness and hooked up with him and his son there for a while, and had lunch at Trails End. For supper, we went to 1900 Park Fare. We did some pool time at the resort that day, and my son and I did some monorail riding.

Monday: Animal Kingdom unti early afternoon. Then back to hotel for pool/nap break. Then DHS in the evening, with supper at Sci-Fi.

Tuesday: Epcot AM EMH, then Epcot all day and evening, with midday break in between. Supper at Garden Grill.

Wednesday: This is the day that we were supposed to have had breakfast at the Crystal Palace, then spent the rest of the day and evening at the Magic Kingdom, but we ended up leaving to go home instead.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Here is what we have planned for April.

Tuesday April 10: Arrive at Nickelodean Suites late afternoon/early evening. Possibly do some mini-golf at Pirates Island, or maybe do this Wednesday evening.

Wednesday: Sea World.

Thursday: Arrive at Carribbean Beach Resort. Do Downtown Disney, and the rest of the day is free for whatever we want to do.

Friday: Kona Cafe for breakfast, then go to Magic Kingdom for the day. Supper at Ft Wilderness with Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Saturday: Visit LegoLand. Shouldn't take all that long I wouldn't think, and I have no other concrete plans that day other than supper at Chef Mickey's. Probably hang around CBR for much of that free time and enjoy the resort. After supper, possibly do some monorail hopping, or maybe go off property, but it's pretty much wide open.

Sunday: Go to the Ocean...unless we end up meeting up with my wife's cousin again. But either way, there is no other set plan other than supper at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Monday: Breakfast at Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. AK until early afternoon, then back to hotel for midday break. Evening at DHS, including supper at 50s Prime Time, and possibly stick around for some EMH.

Tuesday: Epcot morning EMH, and Epcot until mid/late afternoon. Then back to the hotel for the rest of the evening, with supper at Shutters, then probably just enjoy the hotel. Pool, bike ride, arcade, or whatever.

Wednesday: Absolutely nothing planned except supper at Epcot that night at Coral Reef, then probably hang around Epcot for a while after supper. If we skip the beach on Sunday in order to meet my wife's cousin, we could possibly do the beach this day. Or possibly just hang around the resort all day, enjoying the pool and whatnot. Maybe resort hop. Maybe go into a park. Again, nothing specific planned at this time.

Thursday: Magic Kingdom AM EMH, and MK all day and evening, with midday break somewhere in there. Supper at Tony's Town Square.

Friday: 8 AM breakfast at HollyWood & Vine, then DHS until mid afternoon. Back to resort for a while, then into Epcot that night for EMH and supper at Garden Grill.

Saturday: Magic Kingdom all day and night, with midday break somewhere in there. Breakfast at Crystal Palace and supper at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Sunday: Time to go home.

For those days where I have little planned, here are some possibilities of things we might do: Go off property for shopping. Take my son out on the pontoon (forgot to mention that I did that with him last time on Bay Lake)...either at CBR, or maybe go to the Magic Kingdom area resorts. Mini-Golf. Resort Hopping. More time at Downtown Disney. Some of these things I definitely plan/hope to do, but I don't have the specific day ironed out.

Hopefully this will give you some good ideas of what to do for 10 days. :wave:

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

Went to WDW last in '07 (I know, several years ago), 11 days/11 nights. The trip was amazing! We took our time and went back to the resort for late morning/early afternoon breaks. We would get at least an hour nap, which helped greatly. We would arrive the parks before opening, grab FPs, have lunch, go back to the resort and take a nap, go back and use our FPs. Irony, we never got to see and do everything. But we did explore WDW quite a bit, including visiting the deluxe resorts, visit DTD often.

Upvote 0

pax_65

We've done 10 and 11 days before. Even if you think you're used to it and in good shape, it's surprising how tired you can get by the end if you're really pushing it. That's especially true in August with the heat! Take some time to chill by the pool and relax.

If you stay up late in the parks, don't plan to get up at dawn to hit the early park. If you think you can handle this, maybe you can do it early in your trip but by the end, you won't want to do it! If you try to do it, you'll pay for it later.

Take a look at the weather and give some thought to rainy days. If it's rainy, maybe that's the day you stay in the park all day. Probably better to do that then stay in the park on a hot, sunny day. Spend some time at the pool on the hot day!

The usual common sense stuff is more important on a long trip - good shoes, sunscreen, etc.

Have a great time! I'm going for 8 days in April, so you've got 2 days on me this time!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We have done 10 day trips for a number of years and for our upcoming trip we have decided to do 12 days. A trip of this length allows you to go into the parks without feeling like you gotta hurry. The first 4 or 5 days we basically hit everything we want to do, then we go back and do our favorites. Some days we'll go into AK, ride the Safari and Dinosaur and leave to another park. Or we might go to a park in the morning and leave out and go to DTD and do some shopping. I love just finding a nice place to sit to enjoy the sunshine and scenery around the water. No matter what, we always find ourselves at a park at rope drop in the morning. We figure we can nap or sleep in when we return home.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Don't try and do it all as fast as you can. With the luxury of a long trip you have time to "stop and smell the roses". Enjoy the more leisurely pace you can take. In the middle of the trip take a day off and enjoy some of the other parts of WDW...take a swim at the pool, enjoy your hotel, play mini-golf, walk around DTD. You'll need the break halfway through your trip. If you have the money I'd also suggest doing something different like going to see La Nouba or doing a backstage tour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom