Fireworks Desert Party at Tomorrowland

jpinkc

Original Poster
Ok we did the old Wishes Desert party and we had done the Fastpass fireworks viewing (thats gone now correct?). Just wondering at the newer price is it worth it? Has much changed? My kids are 11 &13 now so they will be adult priced. Just curious what if anything had changed with it.

Big Hair

I pulled the trigger and paid for 5 of us this upcoming Wednesday. I hope its more than I imagined because it was hard taking the safety off for the price. But, no matter what, it will be memorable. I will give a full report by the next day.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Depends if you have the garden or terrace seating. We went last November and were quite surprised that they had ropeed off the whole cut through to tomorrowland, the did this because the garden folks had he whole upper level. But since they went to open seating and we knew better, we were there at opening time. So we were banded, and ready to move so we could get our preferred seats (two just my wife and I) since they've moved the tables to the rail. Table for two in the pointed corner facing the castle. Fun! I like that they now swap out your lantern at the end for a stack of Ghirardelli minis for enjoying later on.

jpinkc

Original Poster
I pulled the trigger and paid for 5 of us this upcoming Wednesday. I hope its more than I imagined because it was hard taking the safety off for the price. But, no matter what, it will be memorable. I will give a full report by the next day.
@Big Hair
Yes please since we had done the old one when the kids were smaller, just wondered if the new price justified doing it again.

@networkpro Had you previously done the Ice Cream party? Better than old or just same? I would hope for the new higher price they are offering a bit more. So they dont let you off the Terrace?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The ice cream party is on the Riverboat for the 3pm parade. We've seen it 6 or 7 times since the new show began so it's not worth it for us, we'd rather be on Buzz or in a sit down show.

StarshipDisney

We have attended the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party 3 times now. Once back in 2010 and twice during our recent trip in Sept 2016.

Here is my feedback IRT recent changes:

1) In 2010, they had reserved tables based on when you made the reservation. First reservations got the best tables. That was in 2010 and we had a really nice table up front with our name on the table. Now it's based on "first come, first served". So get there early if you want a good table.

2) The quality and selection of desserts has...in my opinion anyway...declined over time. For instance, they no longer have that wonderful Crème Brule that I loved back in 2010. I was actually looking forward to that and was not impressed by the selection in 2016.

3) If the weather is at all threatening, Tinker Bell will not fly and that takes away from it. That happened to us in 2010 and is why we did it twice in 2016. We did get to see Tinker Bell fly this time.

4) They did not have the Photopass photographer there taking pictures last year like they did in 2010.

Overall, we felt like it was not as good in 2016 as it was in 2010. It was nice to have a seat for the fireworks but...having done it 3 times now...we won't likely do it again unless they change it for the better.

Hope this is helpful.

LRnascarfan

I also did the dessert party back in 2010 and it was awesome. I'm glad to hear your report of how it is now because I was trying to decide if i wanted to pay for it again this summer and this kinda helps me make my decision!!

Big Hair

@Big Hair
Yes please since we had done the old one when the kids were smaller, just wondered if the new price justified doing it again.

@networkpro Had you previously done the Ice Cream party? Better than old or just same? I would hope for the new higher price they are offering a bit more. So they dont let you off the Terrace?
Well, we attended the fireworks dessert party last week. We were there over 30 minutes before, 5 of us, and got a table relatively close to the front. View of castle was obstructed by a tree and 2/3rds of the fireworks were obstructed by the roof of the terrace. Food was okay but it was dark and we couldn't really see what we were getting. My main reason for going was the view without being crowded and the view did not meet my expectations at all. I did take pictures but have to figure out how to transfer them to my lap top.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom