Fireworks at Downtown Disney?

Jakester

Original Poster
While I was waiting for the 9:30pm IllumiNations last night, I couldnt help but notice that Downtown Disney (I suppose) had some fireworks launching off, Can anyone give me insight if they are still happening, and if anyone can go see them and what time ? Thanks

Pioneer Hall

They haven't had fireworks in Downtown Disney for quite some time. Perhaps they were coming from somewhere else and just the direction made it seem like DTD.

Magical.Animal

About where were you standing?? What time was it? I believe you can actually catch glimpses of Wishes from around the Morocco area of WS... Could that have been what you saw??

castlecake2.0

I was working on the promenade in Canada yesterday, they were at about 9:15 and were coming from behind the Italy Pavilion it looked like from my vantage point, no other cast knew what was going on and the guests were confused as well. It was definitly not coming from Magic Kingdom :shrug:

quacky217

I believe you can actually sometimes see wishes in Morooco but I'm not sure. Cuz I know downtown disney hasn't had any fireworks for a looooong time:shrug:

gardenia

I was working on the promenade in Canada yesterday, they were at about 9:15 and were coming from behind the Italy Pavilion it looked like from my vantage point, no other cast knew what was going on and the guests were confused as well. It was definitly not coming from Magic Kingdom :shrug:

That direction is Hollywood Studios. You were probably seeing the tail end of a Fantasmic performance. We have often seen Fantasmic fireworks while walking around the Epcot/Boardwalk area at night.

Jakester

Original Poster
That direction is Hollywood Studios. You were probably seeing the tail end of a Fantasmic performance. We have often seen Fantasmic fireworks while walking around the Epcot/Boardwalk area at night.

It wasn't Fantasmic, it looked like a good aerial show with a huge finale

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sounds like WWoS area. F! Would be Morocco/France from Canada, MK over Imag / FW West.

Anything atall from DtD area would be over China/Norway.

Wannabe Walt

I was at Epcot as well. I was watching the final Candlelight Processional when we heard the fireworks. We thought we heard the echo of Wishes at first, but when we turned around, we could see the smoke from behind America/Italy area. It definitely was not Fantasmic because it was a much bigger show. WWOS is a possibility, they have the Old Spice Classic going on today...and maybe last night? Not for sure though.

rkelly42

From the direction everyone is talking about, it would not be wishes nor fantasmic. I am not sure of the angle and placement of WWoS in relation to that direction in epcot but that might be a possibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom