FireStick in Resort Hotel?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey all,

I'm sure this was likely addressed a good 5 or more years ago when the tech was somewhat new, but... well, I'm an older dog and it takes me a while to learn new tricks. We are headed to WDW (let's not argue that here) next week and with more time in our room, we were thinking of bringing our Amazon FireStick. Anyone done this before or know if it will have any issues in the resort TVs? We are staying split between Saratoga and Old Key West.

Thanks for any insight or help.

RememberWhen

It’s been several years, but we have successfully done it. I can’t remember specifics. Hopefully someone else here can walk you through it.

Rob562

Can a FireStick log in to a wifi signal that requires you to log in through a web page "splash screen" where you'd normally have to accept terms and conditions, etc? I know my Chromecast can't. If I were to travel with it I'd have to bring along a travel router that can hardwire connect in the room and then provide a wifi network for the device to connect to.

-Rob

Mc2472

The page sign in went away awhile back. You just plug the stick into the tv. It will find the available. Wi-if network and just click on it no password needed. The quality is usually good but it can be hit or miss. They were in the process of upgrading their WiFi.

Something to keep in mind - Disney WiFi is not secure in the least bit. I’ve been hacked 3 times total. So, I started using a travel router. It connects to their WiFi and then generates another WiFi network that is secure. The set up is a little involved but nothing crazy just following directions.

Haylo

I used my fire stick back in February and it worked with no problems. Picture was just as good as it is at home.

RememberWhen

Sorry, I thought I saw that photo in one of her videos 😅
My profile pic? Maybe she’s a cousin (though I don’t have a cousin Molly). I found the profile pic going through old photos at my folks. The kiddo is me and I was horrified (recently) at Minnie’s face! Those eyelashes!
EE1113C3-8F86-4664-B2D3-5CD66F631EDF.jpeg

jmebabs

My Apple TV no longer works.

I was able to get the Fire Stick to work once, but now I’m stuck on this. I never use a fire stick so I have no clue what I’m doing, I love my Apple TV and bummed it won’t work anymore.

heapster411

Used mine in December @ OKW. Plugged it in to the main TV in the living room and no log in or problems. Seems in the 1BR the modem is behind the TV in the living room. My Firestick has me hooked !

jmebabs

Used mine in December @ OKW. Plugged it in to the main TV in the living room and no log in or problems. Seems in the 1BR the modem is behind the TV in the living room. My Firestick has me hooked !
They are currently changing the resort wifi so maybe it was the old when you were here last.

I never ever had a problem for years with my Apple TV.

The only way I can get the Fire Stick to work is to connect it to my iPhones hotspot.

When the disney resort “connect” page finally popped up, I kept clicking connect and it didn’t do anything.

I’m here at OKW too.

heapster411

Well, we were in Building 44, Ground floor. Going back @ the end of November, hope it works.
They are currently changing the resort wifi so maybe it was the old when you were here last.

I never ever had a problem for years with my Apple TV.

The only way I can get the Fire Stick to work is to connect it to my iPhones hotspot.

When the disney resort “connect” page finally popped up, I kept clicking connect and it didn’t do anything.

I’m here at OKW too.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have now been three times since I initially asked the question (last July, last November, and this June) and have used the Firestick on all three occasions. No problems at all at OKW, Saratoga, and Boardwalk. Got the Firestick on the Resort Wifi and had full access.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom