Fire breaks out Enchanted Tiki Room

brkgnews

I'm assuming Iago 1 refers to the figure that lowers from the ceiling on a perch. This would also explain the fire in the attic mentioned earlier.

That's my assumption as well. I would think Iago 2 would be the scorched one (not that there's a difference any more :lookaroun) that shows up over the exit door.

pumpkin7

oh dear, what a shame that iago 1 is frazzled. :p

hopefully they just won't bother putting him back in! he's the worst of it. i could just about put up with zazu i think, because he likes the singing birds. iago ruins it all. although, am sad that they couldn't get rowan atkinson back to play the voice of zazu. he's not exactly a big hollywood name that they couldn't have gotten hold of. oh well.

S

stphnbogert

haha could you imagine if all they do is put burnt iago back where it belongs with a strobe light. lmao. :ROFLOL:

BelleofDE

I love The Enchanted Tiki Room!! I never got to see it in it's former glory, but I wish I could have. It would be great if they switched in back :)

I agree with everyone, the New Management has angered the Tiki Gods :ROFLOL:

menutia

Now they can sing "Disco Inferno"!!! :ROFLOL:

The most appropriate lines of the show:

" Look out, parrot! You're a dead duck! "

" Smokin' "

"
If I hear one more word about those tiki-tacky, Polynesian, pineapple-pickin', wood-for-brains, MORON Tiki gods... Oui, oui. We are doomed. " :sohappy:

Atomicmickey

This has got me to thinking, I know it's been said here before, probably, by many.

I have had two SAD, downer experiences in WDW.

The first was when I visited The Living Seas, before they refurbed it into Nemo, but after they closed the ride. You'd go into the hydrolators, walk right through, past some boards, and into an almost empty SeaBase Alpha.

I needed to sit on a bench outside for a while after that. I asked a Cast Member about it, and she said "they don't tell us anything". So sad.

The other was--bringing my children to WDW for the first time, sitting down in the Tiki room, the GREAT song started, and then--well, you know what happened next. And that was it for the GREAT song.

All I could say to my kids was "well, you should have seen it before".

Oh, if only.

zooey

This has got me to thinking, I know it's been said here before, probably, by many.

I have had two SAD, downer experiences in WDW.

The first was when I visited The Living Seas, before they refurbed it into Nemo, but after they closed the ride. You'd go into the hydrolators, walk right through, past some boards, and into an almost empty SeaBase Alpha.

I needed to sit on a bench outside for a while after that. I asked a Cast Member about it, and she said "they don't tell us anything". So sad.

The other was--bringing my children to WDW for the first time, sitting down in the Tiki room, the GREAT song started, and then--well, you know what happened next. And that was it for the GREAT song.

All I could say to my kids was "well, you should have seen it before".

Oh, if only.

Did you let them like it or hate it on their own? While I, like you ,loathe UNM, some kids still like it.
-zoo

zooey

At this point, I'd take the Stitch Tiki Room from Tokyo over Under new Management. Maybe they could close Stitch's Great Escape, move the animatronic over to the Tiki Room, and we could get two new shows. That would be dreamy.
-zoo

PorterRedkey

I am glad no one was hurt! When was the last time something like this happened at Disney. I know ripsaw falls just caught fire at Universal. Do we have a fire Gremlin infecting the Orlando parks?

I wonder if the Yeti caught on fire, would they fix it then? :shrug:

aladdin2007

At this point, I'd take the Stitch Tiki Room from Tokyo over Under new Management. Maybe they could close Stitch's Great Escape, move the animatronic over to the Tiki Room, and we could get two new shows. That would be dreamy.
-zoo

That was exactly what was in discussion to happen, and they ended up axing the whole idea, but it was talked about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom