• Lombard's

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Some place else

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
Based on it's almost legendary praise around here we're already doing Mythos our first night.
I'm looking for another sit down meal for our second night and I'm tossing around
Finnegan's or any other place you might think of at US or IOA.

FLYbyNITE

These two restaurants are as different as two restaurants can be, I suggest checking the menu for each first. I (and my family) love Lombards, while it is far from a top of the line Seafood Restaurant, it is probably the 2nd best sit down restaurant inside the parks (after Mythos, of coarse). We have eaten in Finnegans a few times and are not real big fans of Irish/English (Shepards Pie, Bangers & Mash, Etc.) cusine, which limits it's menu to us. The Burger and fries/onion straws were good but not worth making specific plans for.

We usually do park restaurants for lunch only, but if you are doing dinner, you may want to consider going to Lombards for it's inclusive Universal’s Cinematic (Not Really) Spectacular—100 Years of Movie Memories Dinner Package. It's not priced much higher than what a regular meal will cost you there, but it includes priority seating(not Reserved) to the show and a dessert buffet. If you have done the Wishes Dessert Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace in Magic Kingdom don't get your hopes up. They do not compare.

71jason

Finns is great, but it is traditional Irish pub food. There's no gourmet twists like, say, Raglan Road. That said, for what it is it's great, and the service is amazing.

Don't forget everything in CityWalk is no more than a 5-minute walk away. Some great options there, as well.

OFTeric

Personally I think it is all about Lombard's. Finnegans is good. But as others have said it is pretty standard Irish fare, and comfort food.

If you are looking for more of a real dining experience, and culinary treats, I really suggest Lombard's.

Bairstow

Haven't been to Finnegan's yet but based on my experience Lombards is way overrated.
Ambiance was fine, if unremarkable and it was quiet and air-conditioned but the food was no better than what you can get at Captain D's, albeit with smaller portions and much higher prices.
Lombards shouldn't even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Mythos.

If I were you I'd do the new Simpsons dining area for lunch and hit up one of the places on Citywalk for dinner.

FLYbyNITE

If you still haven't made up your mind, might I add one more suggestion. Our favorite restaurant in Park World (Uni & Disney) is Emeril's Tchoup Chop in the Royal Pacific Resort. Not only do we believe it has the best food, but it is also reasonable priced for a restaurant of this quality. We feel it blows away the Emerils in CW, in both taste, and value. We usually reserve a table at 8:30 so we can enjoy the park until it closes and than take the water taxi over to the RPR. Don't fill up on the delicious complimentary "prawn chips" or you won't have room for their dessert.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming as we haven't made up our minds yet and I'm doing research on all the "some place else" suggestions!

HTF

If you still haven't made up your mind, might I add one more suggestion. Our favorite restaurant in Park World (Uni & Disney) is Emeril's Tchoup Chop in the Royal Pacific Resort. Not only do we believe it has the best food, but it is also reasonable priced for a restaurant of this quality. We feel it blows away the Emerils in CW, in both taste, and value. We usually reserve a table at 8:30 so we can enjoy the park until it closes and than take the water taxi over to the RPR. Don't fill up on the delicious complimentary "prawn chips" or you won't have room for their dessert.

This! That's not even a fair comparison lol, Tchoup Chop is hands down the place to go!

danpam1024

Like Finnegans for the atmosphere (we usually sit at the bar). Lombard''s has the Cinematic Spectacular seating/meal thing if you plan on staying for that. I prefer City Walk as well.

Zman-ks

Personally I think it is all about Lombard's. Finnegans is good. But as others have said it is pretty standard Irish fare, and comfort food.
75.gif

If you are looking for more of a real dining experience, and culinary treats, I really suggest Lombard's.

Same here...Lombards

FLYbyNITE

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with Tchop Chop after suggestions from
looking at the menu! Wow! @FLYbyNITE and @HTF
We still may do Finnegans for lunch, if everything lines up.

Thanks again!

WOW!! So much pressure now (Only Kidding). I think you made a great choice and hope you not only enjoy the restaurant but your entire trip. Let us know what you think when you get back.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
WOW!! So much pressure now (Only Kidding). I think you made a great choice and hope you not only enjoy the restaurant but your entire trip. Let us know what you think when you get back.

I'm holding you two accountable for my dining satisfaction! LOL..

Thanks again for the advice, I'm looking forward to this meal - I will definitely chime in when I return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom