Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

This is like your 14th time going since I have been back. I envy you guys. Where are you staying? Is that mentioned in a PTR? I am so bad at reading them!

Not mentioned anywhere. I haven't written a Pre Trip report in a long time, I feel like I would bore people because I would barely update it. But I am writing my trip report right now from Princess Weekend. It was only a short 4 days, we stayed at the Poly we splurged since we didn't go to the parks.

In May when we go for our first anniversary we're staying at the Beach Club because we were spoiled and liked the EPCOT area too much.......oops.... :rolleyes: So we have been saving a lot recently!

John, I am so sorry you had a bad experience at the Captain's Grill. We ate there with our daughters and their boyfriends in 2011 for our anniversary and I have nothing but praise for this place! I thought my steak rivaled Le Cellier! The chef couldn't have been nicer. He came out to talk to the vegan in our group and concocted a special dish for him that he said was excellent! He came back and talked to us for a long time and even sang DH and I an anniversary song when they brought out our special dessert! We would definitely go back!

Day 6 10/14/2013 Continued…

I must say this place was a HUGE let down. There were 3 other tables being used in the restaurant and each of us had a different server. I can’t tell you how many times our drinks needed filled and our server was nowhere around. Ontop of all that my food was just bad. I mean it was not that is was just okay…it was not good at all. I probably should have said something, or maybe write a letter…but oh well. I have gone to Disney a total of around 80 days the last 6 years and that was my second bad meal/experience. I can’t cry and moan TOO TOO much.
Day 6 10/14/2013 Continued…

Nick decided to get some Fancy Feast Cat Food. I actually think it’s Potato and Cheese Gnocchi

AJ's B

Great report! I can't believe all the food that you ate. Do you get the regular dining plan or the deluxe. I always want the deluxe but I know it is way too much for us to eat. We have tried it when we stay 1 or 2 nights at one resort then when we change resorts we get the regular plan. We are going down for ten nights in April over Easter ( I know it will be crowded but I'm a teacher, so spring break it is). All I keep thinking about is where will we eat.

rob0519

Day 1 10/9/2013 Continued...

We can kick this off with some photos from Pirates!

View attachment 38768
View attachment 38769
View attachment 38770
View attachment 38771 View attachment 38773

We had some Splash Mountain FP+ to use now. This would be our first time using this. It worked like a charm with no issues. Splash looked pretty good. All effects were working except the shooting water fountains. They were off the whole trip.

View attachment 38774

View attachment 38775

View attachment 38776

View attachment 38777

View attachment 38778

To be continued...

These pictures are amazing. What type of camera and settings did you use to get such results?

Minnie1976

The title to your trip report is exactly how I felt when we went March 1st thru March 6th. I guess I thought wrong. I figured a lot of south Louisiana and maybe Alabama people because of Mardi Gras, but there were a lot more than that. I just thought no other holiday, no spring break yet, President's weekend was over. It was PACKED.
We did have a good trip. The MK was so crowded at times I just needed to take a break from it.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The title to your trip report is exactly how I felt when we went March 1st thru March 6th. I guess I thought wrong. I figured a lot of south Louisiana and maybe Alabama people because of Mardi Gras, but there were a lot more than that. I just thought no other holiday, no spring break yet, President's weekend was over. It was PACKED.
We did have a good trip. The MK was so crowded at times I just needed to take a break from it.

Yeah that is how we felt. Everything was so busy all the time we just wanted to break free and hang out at the resort.

Not mentioned anywhere. I haven't written a Pre Trip report in a long time, I feel like I would bore people because I would barely update it. But I am writing my trip report right now from Princess Weekend. It was only a short 4 days, we stayed at the Poly we splurged since we didn't go to the parks.

In May when we go for our first anniversary we're staying at the Beach Club because we were spoiled and liked the EPCOT area too much.......oops.... :rolleyes: So we have been saving a lot recently!

I want to stay at Beach Club! Mail me a strawberry cupcake from The Boardwalk!

John, I am so sorry you had a bad experience at the Captain's Grill. We ate there with our daughters and their boyfriends in 2011 for our anniversary and I have nothing but praise for this place! I thought my steak rivaled Le Cellier! The chef couldn't have been nicer. He came out to talk to the vegan in our group and concocted a special dish for him that he said was excellent! He came back and talked to us for a long time and even sang DH and I an anniversary song when they brought out our special dessert! We would definitely go back!

No chef came out to greet us or anything. Our waiter barely came around to see us and we were 1 of 2 tables in the whole restaurant. HIS ONLY TABLE. The food was just not good on this day. Maybe it was an off day but I am in ZERO hurry to get back there. I would honestly rather go to Beaches and Cream.

Great report! I can't believe all the food that you ate. Do you get the regular dining plan or the deluxe. I always want the deluxe but I know it is way too much for us to eat. We have tried it when we stay 1 or 2 nights at one resort then when we change resorts we get the regular plan. We are going down for ten nights in April over Easter ( I know it will be crowded but I'm a teacher, so spring break it is). All I keep thinking about is where will we eat.

We do the deluxe plan cause we can pack away all that food somehow, and we WANT to pack away all that food for some reason. lol

When are y'all going back? I wish I could take pictures half as good as yours. Enjoyed your report!

If I can do it, anyone can do it. Trust me on that. Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed.

These pictures are amazing. What type of camera and settings did you use to get such results?

I use a Nikon D7000. I have the stock lens that came with the camera and I have a Sigma 30MM 1.4
I also used a bunch of different settings for different results to see which ones work the best. I really don't think I have found an exact answer.

rob0519

Yeah that is how we felt. Everything was so busy all the time we just wanted to break free and hang out at the resort.

I want to stay at Beach Club! Mail me a strawberry cupcake from The Boardwalk!

No chef came out to greet us or anything. Our waiter barely came around to see us and we were 1 of 2 tables in the whole restaurant. HIS ONLY TABLE. The food was just not good on this day. Maybe it was an off day but I am in ZERO hurry to get back there. I would honestly rather go to Beaches and Cream.

We do the deluxe plan cause we can pack away all that food somehow, and we WANT to pack away all that food for some reason. lol

If I can do it, anyone can do it. Trust me on that. Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed.

I use a Nikon D7000. I have the stock lens that came with the camera and I have a Sigma 30MM 1.4
I also used a bunch of different settings for different results to see which ones work the best. I really don't think I have found an exact answer.

Thanks.

sweetpee_1993

Just read from day 3 to the end. Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, agree on the hit-or-miss at Captain's Grill. I love the place for breakfast. Dinner was okay. Had the Yachtsman twice in Sept 2011 and didn't think it was worthwhile either time...yet my brother returned last year or the year before and said it was a night & day experience. Who knows?

See how y'all spent more time at the resort...this is us. That's why we save/spend for the deluxe places when we go (rare as that is nowadays). We enjoy the resorts a lot. In fact, I could do a vacation of no parks, all resorts. Relaxing. Fun. Plenty to do, restaurant options, shopping, etc.

So, we've been kicking around ideas for our anniversary week this year (9/13-9/20). WDW came up because we haven't done it in a while and it'd be convenient for me going on the girls cruise. Your crowds reports have me pretty freaked out. Heat aggravates me. Heat + crowds could make me frighteningly evil. Someone could get hurt. That's my biggest hurdle, really. If only I could dodge the misery of the masses.

On the hot as Hades note, AK is a far better park in cooler weather. Seriously. It's not only bearable, it's beautiful & enjoyable.

Oh dear, perhaps I'd be setting myself up for disaster if I tried parks in horrible hot September. Ugh!

Your fireworks pics were great. I loved them.

Enjoyed staying awake miserably late reading. Thanks for all the effort to put this thing together. TRs are a LOT of work. I know. ;)

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just read from day 3 to the end. Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, agree on the hit-or-miss at Captain's Grill. I love the place for breakfast. Dinner was okay. Had the Yachtsman twice in Sept 2011 and didn't think it was worthwhile either time...yet my brother returned last year or the year before and said it was a night & day experience. Who knows?

It just really was not good. Service was pretty brutal as well. Like I said us 3 and another table of 2 were the ONLY people there and each table had a different waiter. It just made no sense.

See how y'all spent more time at the resort...this is us. That's why we save/spend for the deluxe places when we go (rare as that is nowadays). We enjoy the resorts a lot. In fact, I could do a vacation of no parks, all resorts. Relaxing. Fun. Plenty to do, restaurant options, shopping, etc.

Yes we unexpectedly did spend much time at the resort. This was not planned and never would be planned unless we stayed at a Moderate or Deluxe resort. Crowds were just insane and we also did not plan for that so our best solution was to eat, use FP+ and surrender to our room.

So, we've been kicking around ideas for our anniversary week this year (9/13-9/20). WDW came up because we haven't done it in a while and it'd be convenient for me going on the girls cruise. Your crowds reports have me pretty freaked out. Heat aggravates me. Heat + crowds could make me frighteningly evil. Someone could get hurt. That's my biggest hurdle, really. If only I could dodge the misery of the masses.

Dude, I HAYYYYYYYYYYYYYTE the heat. I have a fan blowing on me all year around at work. When I worked for UPS I was a walker downtown and wore shorts all year around. However in Sept, yes it is hot but think about it...

Every 100 feet there is an attraction to go in, or a shop that is air conditioned so it's not that bad. It's not great or awesome by any means but it's not that bad. Plus the trade off is that the parks are dead. They always have been. I am kind weary on what will happen this year though. After last years October Trip I am a little paranoid that those days of us having the parks to ourselves might be over.

On the hot as Hades note, AK is a far better park in cooler weather. Seriously. It's not only bearable, it's beautiful & enjoyable.

Oh dear, perhaps I'd be setting myself up for disaster if I tried parks in horrible hot September. Ugh!

Your fireworks pics were great. I loved them.

Thanks! It was just frustrating I could not really do what I wanted to do. I mean technically I could have but I would have just annoyed myself in doing so with all the people around.

Enjoyed staying awake miserably late reading. Thanks for all the effort to put this thing together. TRs are a LOT of work. I know. ;)

Yeah, they are a TON of work. Especially when photo hosting sites are all blocked at work and you have to guess the link and change the file numbers while you manually do that. You make a massive report yourself so I know you know what goes into this. I have not finished yours yet because of the whole photo thing here. I will get it done though. I checked it a few times at home and your kids are getting HUGE. Damn, time just goes by and we are getting old. They were little @ss kids when we "met".

DisneyFreakEst1994

I read this whole thing in 2 days and WOW.... I was thoroughly entertained haha. My sense of humor is very similar to yours, I think its a hockey fan thing (Go Panthers). Your photos were awesome, and the length of time you were there for just made me jealous. Definitely not disappointed with this TR at all! Thank you for being so entertaining :p

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I read this whole thing in 2 days and WOW.... I was thoroughly entertained haha. My sense of humor is very similar to yours, I think its a hockey fan thing (Go Panthers). Your photos were awesome, and the length of time you were there for just made me jealous. Definitely not disappointed with this TR at all! Thank you for being so entertaining :p

Glad to see you guys got Bobby Lu back!

me_stitch

Premium Member
awesome report, our last trip was in Oct. '11 and we're going back this year, mostly for the F&W festival, not sure if we're going in Sept. or Oct. though, I can't wait. Wen't to Disneyland in June and it's just not the same as a DW trip.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
awesome report, our last trip was in Oct. '11 and we're going back this year, mostly for the F&W festival, not sure if we're going in Sept. or Oct. though, I can't wait. Wen't to Disneyland in June and it's just not the same as a DW trip.

F&W is awesome stuff. TON of good options.

PolynesianPrincess

So I finished reading this. I figured I'd put it off long enough so I might as well!

Sucks the parks were so busy! They were soooo dead when we went in Sept! A walk on for Splash Mountain at noon? I'll take it! Especially since it was rather warm that day! Your pics outside HM are cool. I'm not smart enough to come up with a cool scenario like that. The ToT pics were cool too. Except that Collen booted you out of the picture! haha

We haven't been to LC for lunch in a few trips. Don't see us going back there for awhile. Too many places we want to try out, especially at Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom