Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 14 10/22/2013 Continued…

More of Germs…

DSC_3814.jpg

DSC_3815.jpg

DSC_3816.jpg

DSC_3819.jpg

Moving along the loop of World Showcase…

DSC_3822.jpg

DSC_3823.jpg

DSC_3826.jpg

Oh, it’s you again. See, you can’t even see the crap on it…

DSC_3831.jpg

Another shot of Mouse Gear in case you forgot what that looked like…

DSC_3822.jpg

DSC_3824.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 14 10/22/2013 Continued…

Back to Colleen’s favorite place ever on earth (as it would seem)…

DSC_3835.jpg

DSC_3836.jpg

Imagination Pavilion…

DSC_3839.jpg

Innoventions…

DSC_3841.jpg

DSC_3842.jpg

Victoria Gardens…

DSC_3850.jpg

Back at Le Cellier…

DSC_3852.jpg

Is NOT eating meat really worth this???

DSC_3856.jpg

Cheese Plate…

DSC_3861.jpg

MOOOOOOOOSE!!!!

DSC_3863.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

bmarkelon

I hope that was an actual conversation with a French babe and that you were "reading her name-tag" when you asked about the nude beaches.
That cheese plate looks delicious, vegetarian dish not so much. What in the world is all up in that pile of stuff, besides flowers maybe?
I love your Italy pics, beautiful! And nice Spaceship photos too, but you're right...doesn't look too dirty to me. I guess we'll take your word for it....

bmarkelon

So I knew that was from a movie and it's been driving me nuts trying to remember which one. Gave in and googled it, should have known. You're obsessed with the McCallisters.

cfry06

Love your World Showcase pictures! The Haunted Mansion ones are great too - cool idea. Just realized our trips this year will overlap too. Maybe I'll catch you picture-taking somewhere!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 15 10/23/2013

This is the final day of the trip. This part ALWAYS sucks. It’s like a hourly count down to the inevitable.

We usually spend our last half day in Magic Kingdom but we had some Food and Wine left we needed to do, so we headed to Epcot.

Just a warning…I only have pictures of the food samples from this day.

Chicken Gyro…

DSC_3923.jpg

Grand Marnier Slush…

DSC_3929.jpg

California Rolls…

DSC_3932.jpg

DSC_3934.jpg

Grass Fed Beef Sliders. This won for me. Notice how plain it is. I did not want anything on it and this little piece of beef was AMAZING. This was HANDS DOWN my fav sample from Food and Wine.

DSC_3935.jpg

Lobster Tails. These were okay. They were REALLY buttery. I LOVE butter but oddly not so much on my seafood.

DSC_3936.jpg

Cheese Ravioli’s…

DSC_3941.jpg

THE END.

Last edited:

DebDeb

Great report as usual! Y'all sure packed in a lot of fun and food in 15 days! (hehe) Seriously, do you gain weight after that many days of DW food?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Great report as usual! Y'all sure packed in a lot of fun and food in 15 days! (hehe) Seriously, do you gain weight after that many days of DW food?

No, I think the walking and swimming off-sets it all. It is kind of crazy to look back and see how much we ate in one day, one sitting...

But hey, if it does not effect you negatively...go for it I guess. There was a few times I ate just because I could. Haha.

disneymom526

After Pirates I decided I needed some Casey’s in my life.

DSC_1364.jpg

My meal may look a little plain. I do like ketchup, mustard and onions on my hotdogs. Not at Casey’s. To me, Casey’s is good enough to just eat plain. So that is how I roll.

One of my favorite things to do in Disney World is eat at Casey’s and sit on the bleachers and watch those old Goofy cartoons. I remember watching them when I was kid. Especially the hockey and baseball ones. I really hope they never change this. If they do I hope it’s just an expansion of some sorts where you can still sit and enjoy the cartoons.

DSC_1366.jpg

After we ate we headed to Space Mountain. We had Fast Passes and it was getting late so the crowds were really starting to thin out. FINALLY. It feels like September.

After Space we rode TTA. Then Buzz Lightyear two times in a row. Inside Buzz queue area there was hay straws EVERYWHERE. I have absolutely no idea where it came from but it was all over the place. There was another day later where it was in there again. I really did not care, not am I going to cry that there was a mess it was just confusing because there was NOWEHERE around that it could have came from.

Now we are going to Monsters INC. We sat in the back by the exit doors. Pretty much all by ourselves and Colleen was mad and said “We won’t get picked for anything.” My response was “We been jam packed with people all day, I just don’t want to be around anybody.” It got to the part of the show where the two headed monster comes out and asks people where they are from…They said “Oh the two people who are royalty with their own row…lets call on them” So they asked me..

Monsters - “What are your names?”

Us - “John & Colleen”

Monsters- “John & Colleen, where are you from?”

US – “Pittsburgh”

Monsters basically go into their normal spiel on what Pittsburgh is like by naming all of the things that Pittsburgh does not have and at the end they say “Does that describe Pittsburgh?”

Me – (with a “Are you kidding me?” look on my face) “Ummm yeah, exactly what it’s like there.”

Monsters just stood there with their jaws hanging open and everyone started laughing. They made some side comments about how they were scared they were right and how they should leave us alone. It was awesome to be a part of the show. I always sat there and said to myself “If they ask me that I am just going to say yes and get a different aspect of the show” and 3 years later they finally called on me! Haha great times. I love that show and that made it better. Everyone else was laughing as so the crowd seemed to enjoy it as well.

After Monsters we strolled through The Castle and saw Small World had no wait. We boarded a boat and were in the first row. They boarded another couple right behind us in the second row and we were off. This quickly turned into a situation where I could see Colleen ready to punch this girl in her mouth. The WHOLE entire ride this dumb a$$ did not shut up. EVERY SINGLE DOLL she had to say what country it was from or where she thought it was from. There was not more than 5 seconds she was not talking. I was annoyed. Her boyfriend HAD to have wanted to drown himself, Colleen was visibly annoyed. I just started pointing at things and naming them.

“WATER!!!!!!”

“CLOUDS!!!!!”

“VOLCANO!!!!”

“SOMEONE IN A BOAT WHO WON’T SHUT UP AND LET OTHER PEOPLE ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!!”

She did not get my hints. She just kept on yapping and guessing countries she was in. Now had this girl been like 5 years old. I could have understood. I could have even understood MORE how a 5 year old would have had a 25 year old boyfriend than I understood how someone who was at least 25-30 years old could, or even want to act like that. That was just a LONG ride and literally did not enjoy one second of it….and I actually enjoy Small World for some reason. We got off the boat and practically ran towards Haunted Mansion so that if their plans were the same they would not be anywhere around us.

So being that there were no more lines I got to take some pics at Haunted Mansion!

DSC_1368.jpg

DSC_1369.jpg

DSC_1371.jpg

DSC_1372.jpg

DSC_1373.jpg

DSC_1374.jpg

DSC_1377.jpg

DSC_1396.jpg

To be continued…
Day 5 10/13/2013 Continued…

Okay guys…get your LSD ready. I will inform you when to pop it…

DSC_1593.jpg

DSC_1597.jpg

DSC_1599.jpg

You guys got your LSD ready??? Okay take it…now wait…wait…okay look!

DSC_1600.jpg

DSC_1601.jpg

Some obligatory Castle pics with my boo and my reflective clothing so nobody runs us over..

DSC_1611.jpg

DSC_1613.jpg

See we even switched positions for everyone who teased me last TR because we were always in the same position!

The lonely castle without us…

DSC_1614.jpg

Partners…

DSC_1617.jpg

DSC_1620.jpg

After this we sat around and listen/watched “A Kiss Goodnight” and walked to the bus stop. There was a guy in an ECV there waiting…just like how the trip to MK started today. Except when this bus came and the ramp lowered he just got off of it, walked up the ramp onto the bus, pointed his thumb over his shoulder and the driver drive his ECV onto the bus. Siiiiigh

This concludes yet another day. On the next installment we…

Visit Hollywood Studios.

See The Spectacle of Lights!

See some MONSTER Bass!

The worst meal I ever had while in Disney World…

See a gay man with NO fashion sense at all…

To be continued…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom