Finger scanning for children

amy1985

Original Poster
Has anyone been to the parks recently with children who were on a child ticket? Did they scan their finger? We have a ticket for our 3 year old, but would prefer not to scan his finger, as adults have difficulty, and it would just be easier not to, but CNN had an article today about 'ticket fraud' (I assume adults using child tickets?) So now kids have to scan their finger, but the parent can opt to scan their own finger instead? Since I'd have my own ticket, could I scan my finger for both tickets? Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Thank you!

Ms.Sunshine

I was there this past July, and they did scan my 4 year old's finger. Not sure about parents being able to opt out, since my kid was happy to have her finger scanned like an "adult".

DisneyJoe

From one of the original stories "Parents who feel uncomfortable with having their kids' fingers scanned can use their own instead."

BlackCauldron

Just got back from a trip with my 3.5 year old. His ticket DID require a finger scan (all of the tickets do), but they advised me to just use my finger for his ticket. It was faster and easier.

RememberWhen

We're here currently with my 4 year old. We did scan his finger, but it was blue every time. We just switched to my wife's finger. No problems anymore. I'm sure you could just tell them you'd rather use yours.

carriebeth

Just got back recently. The children the cast members felt like should be capable of scanning their own finger without any real difficulty were asked to scan their fingers. I suppose if you objected for some reason, like children who have special circumstances, you would be allowed to do it instead. For my 5 year old the cast member asked him, while looking at me "would you like to scan your own finger?" I nodded approval and he scanned his. For my 3 year old the cast member didn't even give her to option just directed me to use my finger. She probably would have been fine using her own finger, really, but I didn't really care either way so I did mine.

I am sure, if they don't even suggest it at your arrival, that if you prefer to do your finger for your younger child, and suggest that at arrival, the cast member will be more than happy to do it that way and it will not cause issue at all

allymonkey

My 4 year old wanted to scan his own finger but he was so excited to enter the park the first day that he couldn't stop bouncing long enough for the scanner to get a good enough scan. The CM suggested I use my finger for his band. I did my right hand for my band and my left hand for his ticket so I could multi-task while we were entering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom