Finger Print

jeffk410

Original Poster
Interesting... Read through all of these someone said it has to do with size also. But I wonder how closs that is. I am 6 even and 19 years old. My lil brother is like 5 5 and 16. So I wonder how accurate they are.
And it could not have been our group of tickets either because they were all purcahsed at very differnet times. I got mine on my solo trip. While he got his like 6 months later. Very Interesting though.

xtina72

The fingerprint never works for me, NEVER. It always denies me... They always let me through but my husband likes to throw the dig in there that I am a CIA agent who had her fingerprints burnt from her fingertips.... :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
For clarity: Despite anything you may have heard, the biometric scanner does not take your fingerprint. It measures aspects of the shape and size of your finger and creates a score which is henceforth associated with the ticket.

Two people with different size and shape of finger might very well still have the same score as a result of the algorithm used. The odds are that if you steal/find someone else's ticket, your score and theirs won't match and you won't be able to use the ticket. But it's not impossible.

lc42481

tickets

hey... so if i went to disney with my friend and bought 2 florida resident tickets at different boths with my id (because my friend lost her id) would it work going thru the gates? :wave:

Space Mountain

Ok, can someone please explain the system to me in simplest words? Haha. I want to know if the finger print machine actually works. What is its purpose? For laughs My brother and I swapped our AP's last year just to see. Nothing happended and it worked fine. Does this actually work? Or is it more of a deterrant for people not to swap passes? I feel like the readings can not be that accurate?

Doesn't get simpler than that.

Space Mountain

hey... so if i went to disney with my friend and bought 2 florida resident tickets at different boths with my id (because my friend lost her id) would it work going thru the gates? :wave:

The data is stored on the first use with each person using a different ticket.

Phonedave

For clarity: Despite anything you may have heard, the biometric scanner does not take your fingerprint. It measures aspects of the shape and size of your finger and creates a score which is henceforth associated with the ticket.

Two people with different size and shape of finger might very well still have the same score as a result of the algorithm used. The odds are that if you steal/find someone else's ticket, your score and theirs won't match and you won't be able to use the ticket. But it's not impossible.

Correct.

For those that want to know what it is, in programming it is called a one way hash.

The machine reads certain parameters of your finger, it then hashes a value based on those measurements and puts that value in a table.

When you enter again it checks to see if your finger parameters, when passed though the hashing function again match what is in the hash table.

It is impossible to take the value in the hash table and go the other direction and determine ANYTHING about your finger scan

Lets say it takes 5 measurements, that can have a value of 1 to 5

Your finger comes up 1, 4, 4, 2, 5. Lets say the hashing function is a simple sum, so your hash value is 1+4+4+2+5 = 16

If someone for some reason was to get your hash value, they have no idea if you finger scans as 1, 4, 4, 2, 5 or 5, 1, 1, 4, 5 or 2, 2, 2, 5, 5 or any of dozens of possible combinations.

It's not sinister, and it stores nothing of any use to anyone except the ticket turnstile.

-dave

Nealsoncott

A fingerprint is an impression of the friction ridges on all parts of the finger. A friction ridge is a raised portion of the epidermis on the palmar skin, consisting of one or more connected ridge units of friction ridge skin. Microsoft Fingerprint Reader stores login names and passwords in an internal database located in the user's computer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom