Finding Nemo

TURKEY

It sounds interesting. It already has some pretty good voices attached to the project (William Dafoe, Richard Kind, Allison Janney).

It didn't say anything about the lead voices. Have they been announced?

james4023464

Looks good, why is this movie coming out in the summer instead of Thanksgiving, Pixar usally releases there movies Thanksgiving time. Are the sharks the villians, has anybody seen the story.

Lhriangel

Originally posted by MKCustodial

See? You just needed faith and trust...

and pixie dust? I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Back on topic though.. the movie looks interesting. But very much geared to younger kids (although it seems that way to me.. and more so than Toy Story and Monsters Inc.).

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Angelique

and pixie dust? I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Back on topic though.. the movie looks interesting. But very much geared to younger kids (although it seems that way to me.. and more so than Toy Story and Monsters Inc.).

I know you couldn't, that was left as your cue. :lol:

And yeah, it does look a little bit too kid-friendly. Maybe it's just how it looks and the dialogues will prove us wrong? I suppose Dan can add something to all this.

Justin149

here is a description for you all

"Finding Nemo" was thought of back before the original "Toy Story" hit theatres. It was a concept that the directors were unable to do until technology caught up with their ideas. But in the summer of 2003, expect a new underwater adventure from the people that brought you "Toy Story 1 & 2", "A Bug's Life" and "Monsters, Inc."

So you want to know what the film is about. How about instead of me telling you, I'll let Disney's PR department do the honors:

In the colorful and warm tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef, a Clownfish named Marlin lives safe and secluded in a quiet cul-de-sac with his only son, NEMO. Fearful of the ocean and its unpredictable risks, he struggles to protect his son. Nemo, like all young fish, is eager to explore the mysterious reef. When Nemo is unexpectedly taken far from home and thrust into a dentist's office fish tank, Marlin finds himself the unlikely hero on an epic journey to rescue his son.

In his quest, Marlin is joined by a good Samaritan named Dory (Ellen DeGeneres), a Regal Blue Tang fish with the worst short-term memory and biggest heart in the entire ocean. As the two fish continue on their journey, encountering numerous dangers, Dory's optimism continually forces Marlin to find the courage to take risks and overcome his fears. In doing so, Marlin gains the ability to trust and believe, like Dory, that things will work out in the end.

Confronting seabirds, sewer systems, and even man himself, father and son's fateful separation ends in triumph. And the once-fearful Marlin becomes a true hero in the eyes of his son, and the entire ocean.

TURKEY

With the way the plot sounds and the pictures on the link above, I'm kind of worried about how this movie will do already.

I know it will be a hit with little kids, but I don't really know if teens, adults, or even me will be willing to see this movie. Just the picture of Nemo is giving me doubts.

Attachments

• nemo.jpg
    nemo.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 53

NowInc

Original Poster
Pixar never writes movies for a target audience..they always try to please everyone..this is why their movies do so well. This one will be of no exception ;)

james4023464

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
With the way the plot sounds and the pictures on the link above, I'm kind of worried about how this movie will do already.

I know it will be a hit with little kids, but I don't really know if teens, adults, or even me will be willing to see this movie. Just the picture of Nemo is giving me doubts.

I don't know what you are worrying about the movie sounds great, and this is coming from an almost 15 year old teen. I still got that disney blood in my heart.

TURKEY

Originally posted by james4023464

I don't know what you are worrying about the movie sounds great, and this is coming from an almost 15 year old teen. I still got that disney blood in my heart.

Trust me, I do too. The movie does sound good, but I don't know that I'm going to spend 8 bucks to go see that movie, unlike most other Disney movies.

I'll reserve further judgement until I can see some trailers and commercials.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Trust me, I do too. The movie does sound good, but I don't know that I'm going to spend 8 bucks to go see that movie, unlike most other Disney movies.

I'll reserve further judgement until I can see some trailers and commercials.

Right, I guess a trailer would help to set the feeling of the movie. Even though I have to admit that I'm only trusting Lilo & Stitch nowadays because NowInc and some other members who have seen it already say it is REALLY good. From the trailers, I thought it was another Disney overreaction, blowing something small out of proportion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom