Finding Nemo--The Musical (replacement for Tarzan Rocks!) confirmed opening late 2006

Chape19714

The ride will probally run much longer than the show. I know they are putting alot of time into the show, but rides generally do outlast any show, with a few exceptions.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Chape19714 said:
I believe (and hope) he was refering to the original stories. The Stories of Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid were both around long before Disney started production, therefore, Disney created the music to go around a non-musical story, making them both musicals. Just like what's happening with Nemo, they took a known story (thanks to the Pixar film) and put music to it for Animal Kingdom.

thanks for the clarification! i was gonna say...umm have u seen those movies? cuz they sure are musicals.

Elphaba

Howdy all, I was looking at the disney audition site and found this info:

<TABLE class=tablemaincontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>FINDING NEMO, the musical
WALT DISNEY CREATIVE ENTERTAINMENT

"FINDING NEMO, the musical" – An original Musical Theatre Production based on Pixar/Disney's hit animated feature

OPENING AT: DISNEY ANIMAL KINGDOM - ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Produced by: Taz Marosi
Creative Director: Michael Jung
Music/Lyrics and Book By: Krisen Anderson-Lopez/Bobby Lopez
Directed By: Peter Brosius
Choreographed By: John Carrafa
Puppet Designer: Michael Curry
Set Designer: G.W. 'Skip' Mercier
Lighting Designer: Beverly Emmons
Costume Designer: Helen Huang
Projection Designs: Jan Hartley
Production Manager: Gene Harding
Technical Director: Larry Sonn
Casting: Walt Disney Entertainment/Ron Larosa

*AEA Contract

SEEKING ORIGINAL CAST

First Rehearsal: September 18th, 2006
First Preview: November 5th, 2006
Opening: November 12, 2006

*REQUIREMENTS
Performers must be at least 18 years of age and should bring a non-returnable resume and headshot. Performers should also come prepared with one comedic song. An accompanist will be provided.

*Actively seeking ALL ethnicities for ALL roles. All shapes and sizes are encouraged to attend.

** Please note that actors will appear as themselves while at the same time manipulating a puppet of their specific character.
SEEKING IMAGINATIVE AND COMEDIC ACTORS TO PORTRAY THE FOLLOWING ROLES:

NEMO – Female, late teens – early 20s. Adorable, endlessly curious, spirited, childlike and fearless, yet at the same time naïve and vulnerable. Bright and youthful mix or belt.

NEMO'S FATHER, MARLIN – Mid 30s to early 40s. Over-protective yet very loving father. Huge heart, great comedic talent. Scared of virtually everything. Baritone, able to handle musical 'patter.'

DORY – 30s. A forgetful, yet very optimistic lady fish and Marlin's companion during his journey. Extremely quirky and an expert with comedic material. Character singer.

MR. RAY – Late 20s to 30s. Fun loving, boisterous elementary school teacher. Loves kids and loves to explore.

BRUCE – Male. 30s. A vegetarian great white shark. Can go from soft shoe to raging Punk. Comedic Baritone and able to handle harmonies.

ANCHOR AND CHUM – Both males. Mid 20s to 30s. Bruce's smaller shark friends. Desperately trying to keep Bruce in check. Smart and comic. Loads of energy. Both able to handle harmonies. Can go from screaming rockers to an elegant soft shoe.

GILL – Male. 30s. A tough talking maverick who befriends Nemo and looks after him. Comes with a great deal of wisdom and history.

DEB, BLOAT, BUBBLES AND PEACH – "The Tank Gang." 2 Males and 2 Females. Great Character types living in the fish tank when Nemo 'drops' in. All must be musical with great energy and comedic timing.

NIGEL – 30s. A peculiar pelican with a soft spot for all species, EXCEPT seagulls. Gossipy, chatty. A know-it-all.

CRUSH – Male 20s to 30s. Laid back and fun-loving 'surfer dude' Turtle. Wise, old father with the ability to 'Rock.' Helps Marlin get to Sydney. 'Beach Boys' High tenor with wonderful falsetto.

Various other ensemble sea creatures that will appear in the ensemble and understudy the principal characters.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Looks like all the characters will sing at some point in the show, interesting. Makes me wonder how they're gonna get a vegetarian great white shark to sing and dance.

GothMickey

At first, I wanted to puke when I heard this. Now, I will give it a chance. I will go see it.. No, really.. I am being serious. I will go see it.... then puke. Do we really need extra Nemo?

manutdfan1

hey guys. I still have a question about how they are gonna do the live show with fish(fins and all). Ive never seen the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Please explain.

rangerbob

Puppets. I just saw little mermaid just last week and they are using black light to illuminate the fish and the actors are in all black. It looks like Nemo the actors will be seen with a puppet.

ISTCrew20

imamouse said:
I am surprised that they are casting Nemo with a female. I thought Nemo was a boy clown fish?

When you get a guy singing, it's not going to sound like Nemo. Most animated boy characters are voiced by females.

RSoxNo1

Great find Icicle.

With that said, because these songs aren't identifiable outside of the show, I can't really see this musical anywhere near as popular as the Lion King. It seems they've put a lot of effort into making this like another Festival of the Lion King, but without the easily identifiable songs it negates the audience participation factor

dxwwf3

RSoxNo1 said:
Great find Icicle.

With that said, because these songs aren't identifiable outside of the show, I can't really see this musical anywhere near as popular as the Lion King. It seems they've put a lot of effort into making this like another Festival of the Lion King, but without the easily identifiable songs it negates the audience participation factor

I'm THRILLED that they are putting original songs into a WDW attraction. It really sets the theme park attraction a part from the film. I think this is one of the best ideas Disney has come up with and it will certainly be better than a stage show that simply rehashes the film you own at home. This will give the viewer a totally unique experience that they can't get anywhere else. I fully expect this new show to be better than Festival of the Lion King and MUCH, MUCH better than Tarzan Rocks.

mandib

The YouTube is a great find! That actually got me excited for a musical that I originally had no interest in. I'll miss it this trip because it won't be open, but I'm sure I'll see it next year.

dxwwf3

mandib said:
The YouTube is a great find! That actually got me excited for a musical that I originally had no interest in. I'll miss it this trip because it won't be open next year, but I'm sure I'll see it next year.

That clip totally sold me on the show as well. It is telling the same story, but in a very different way. I was very impressed.

IcicleM

Thanks guys. Yeah, when I found it, I was ecstatic. I was looking for anything Broadway related, and I just decided "hey, what if I searched for the Finding Nemo Musical" knowing almost certainly that nothing would pop up. But when that came up, I just had to look at it.

I love the song, I think it's cute, and the harmonization reminds me of the water, it reminds me of The Little Mermaid, and my favorite line is "Didn't you see Jaws?" haha. ^_^

Disneyfanman

I'm pretty excited too. We will be at WDW 10/23 - 10/25 and will just miss it. Too bad, because the song in the video is terrific. Disney may have outdone themselves here. My family still talks about the Hunchback musical at MGM with its terrific production values and great music. I wasn't a big fan of that film and saw it a total of once, so the music was unfamiliar to me. I loved the stage show though, and that's how I came to know the tunes. If they get the songs right people will respond. It's a risk, but who can blame Disney for doing something new and creative? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if it flopped, I have to respect Disney for trying something different then they have tried before. THATs what they should be doing once and awhile instead of only playing it safe. And if it works it will only encourage Disney to continue to stretch their creative wings. Good for them.

IcicleM

See, I never got to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame at MGM because my family didn't want to go, there were other things to do. And I never got to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney's Der Glockner Von Notre Dame) because it was only in Berlin :( I reaaaaaaaaaaally wanted to see that, too.

dxwwf3

IMO, The Hunchback of Notre Dame was the best theatrical state show in WDW history. Everybody talks about Festival of the Lion King now and while I think the show is ok, Hunchback was so much better, IMO. Excellent voicework and a very well set up show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom