Finding Nemo--The Musical (replacement for Tarzan Rocks!) confirmed opening late 2006

sillyspook13

CTXRover said:
I think its terrific that they are developing a show that won't simply be a staged rehash of the movie. Most of the other shows in the theme parks are either a cliff-notes version of the movie or a muscial revue of known songs. With great composers on board, puppetry by Michael Curry, an award-winning and nominated director and a "new" theater being built for it, it sounds like WDW may finally get a very unique and original show for its theme parks. Sure it uses the Nemo story, but in a way nobody has ever seen before.

I've been impressed with Anne Hamburger's recent work with Aladdin at DCA and Twice Charmed onboard the Disney Magic, so I'm expecting good things from this.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm familiar with the work of most of the people involved in creating this show, and I'm quite impressed!:)

CaptainMichael

DisneyFreak529 said:
I think idea is really stupid. Like every one said... there was no music in Nemo?? Am I missing somthing... is this a joke?
Nope, not a joke, but a very good idea. This is Disney offering some of the originality that some of us have been screaming for. Just because songs weren't originally in the movie does not mean that songs cannot be composed for musical version of the movie. This looks to be a very elablorate show that will be a must see for many Animal Kingdom guests.

Let's not diss an attraction that:
a) hasn't opened yet.
b) Disney is putting effort into.
c) haven't heard one of the songs yet.

speck76

great post Str8

In addition, some people have dissed Disney for year for creating clone attractions, and not being original.

Well, look at some of the other shows, B&tB, FotLK.....what are they but clones of the movies.

This show has all new songs and music written for it, and by professional "known" people.......now THAT is being creative, and being original.

AEfx

I can't wait. I love VotLM and can't wait for another production in that style. I know people love the Lion King show, but it's just not my cup of tea - but this seems right up my alley, so I'll be very happy to have a show at AK to go see now (since I avoid the others as much as possible).

Never seen the film, but I just may now.

AEfx

speck76

AEfx said:
I can't wait. I love VotLM and can't wait for another production in that style. I know people love the Lion King show, but it's just not my cup of tea - but this seems right up my alley, so I'll be very happy to have a show at AK to go see now (since I avoid the others as much as possible).

Never seen the film, but I just may now.

AEfx
you....never....saw....Nemo?

Pongo

DisneyFreak529 said:
I think idea is really stupid. Like every one said... there was no music in Nemo?? Am I missing somthing... is this a joke?

Actually, the Finding Nemo soundtrack has 40 tracks worth of music. I own it and it is very good.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Picture this...

AEfx walks to the podium at the support group and says "Hi, I'm AEfx and i've never seen Finding Nemo."

He waits for the typical crowds response of "Hi AEfx" like every other group meeting..

But instead is met by cricket chirps and silence - because everyone else has seen the movie ;)

missionspace

I was wondering if anyone has or now where to find a sound clip or video of the song thay played for the show at the press event?
THANKS!!

nerdboyrockstar

mousermerf said:
Picture this...

AEfx walks to the podium at the support group and says "Hi, I'm AEfx and i've never seen Finding Nemo."

He waits for the typical crowds response of "Hi AEfx" like every other group meeting..

But instead is met by cricket chirps and silence - because everyone else has seen the movie ;)

I usually get the cricket chirps and silence when I say I've only seen it once...

sillyspook13

And I get the evil looks when I tell people I didn't really care for the movie.....:lookaroun

(The first 5 minutes left me depressed and bitter)

AEfx

STR8FAN2005 said:
"Hi AEfx!":wave:
:wave:

I guess I've missed out, LOL. I know a bit about it, and when I thought back I was in a limo where it was playing for five minutes; however, since I've been in a limo less times in my life than I have fingers, I honestly didn't pay attention to that. It was near the begining, I remember, and it just seemed sad, so I looked out the window instead.

I'm just not huge on Disney films. I like them, but my love of Disney is the parks above all else. I'm really going to come out and admit - I don't think I've seen an entire Disney film since Hunchback (and I only went to see that for Demi).

Guess I'm going to fall to peer pressure. I'm not usually one to jump on a wagon, but this announcement and thread has been enough to convince me to go to Netflix immediately and add it to the top of my queue.

(Although I won't Alanis-Morrisette-myself enough to say it's ironic, I will say it's kind of funny that the Netflix film I'm returning in the mailbox in the morning that will get me Nemo is a recent Demi Moore film - Demi was there when I left Disney films, and she will be [there for] my return, LOL.)

AEfx

peter11435

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom