FINALLY Visiting Tokyo Disneyland: 7/31/22 - 8/2/22

JokersWild

Original Poster
Anyway, two months out is probably a bit early to post a Pre-Trip report thread, but I'm super excited to say that I've finally been able to book a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. July 31st, two of my friends and I will be checking into the Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel for a 2 day (or possibly 3, as I'll get into later) trip to both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySEA. I've been struggling to make this work since November, and ooh boy has it been a struggle, but (most) everything is set and it's basically just a matter of us physically paying at the hotel.

As to how I'm able to visit in the first place, I'm in a relatively unique situation as a foreigner in that I live in Japan. I've been living in Northern Japan for about two years, or since literally the start of Covid. It's been tough with local regulations. Living in a relatively rural area of Japan that didn't even start getting Covid cases until August 2020, my employer was very wary of anyone traveling, essentially restricting me to the middle of nowhere Japan for the better part of a year and a half. Now that things have been rapidly loosening, I've been able to travel more. And so after no exaggeration months of trying I was finally able to get tickets to Tokyo Disneyland.

In the time between now and my trip, I'll be posting my experiences booking this trip because I pray to god that the system will be better by the time the borders open to all tourists and I need everyone to know how much of a struggle it currently is to purchase tickets to Tokyo Disneyland. I might also pepper in a few mini reports of my "consolation trip" to Universal Studios Japan, but that'll be dependent on my free time.

Hope someone sticks around to read this when the time comes. Thank you for stopping by to my way of coping with the grueling two month wait for my trip. For now I'll leave you with a photo of the area of Japan I live in. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for Adventures on the Tokyo Disneyland Reservation Website...
119305629_10215170882060284_4884876272218766917_n.jpeg

Disney Dad 3000

Anyway, two months out is probably a bit early to post a Pre-Trip report thread, but I'm super excited to say that I've finally been able to book a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. July 31st, two of my friends and I will be checking into the Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel for a 2 day (or possibly 3, as I'll get into later) trip to both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySEA. I've been struggling to make this work since November, and ooh boy has it been a struggle, but (most) everything is set and it's basically just a matter of us physically paying at the hotel.

As to how I'm able to visit in the first place, I'm in a relatively unique situation as a foreigner in that I live in Japan. I've been living in Northern Japan for about two years, or since literally the start of Covid. It's been tough with local regulations. Living in a relatively rural area of Japan that didn't even start getting Covid cases until August 2020, my employer was very wary of anyone traveling, essentially restricting me to the middle of nowhere Japan for the better part of a year and a half. Now that things have been rapidly loosening, I've been able to travel more. And so after no exaggeration months of trying I was finally able to get tickets to Tokyo Disneyland.

In the time between now and my trip, I'll be posting my experiences booking this trip because I pray to god that the system will be better by the time the borders open to all tourists and I need everyone to know how much of a struggle it currently is to purchase tickets to Tokyo Disneyland. I might also pepper in a few mini reports of my "consolation trip" to Universal Studios Japan, but that'll be dependent on my free time.

Hope someone sticks around to read this when the time comes. Thank you for stopping by to my way of coping with the grueling two month wait for my trip. For now I'll leave you with a photo of the area of Japan I live in. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for Adventures on the Tokyo Disneyland Reservation Website...
View attachment 643932

Look forward to this, if nothing else for my own future trip foray into TKDL when there. Beautiful pic btw. My brother and SIL have been to Japan 3-4 times pre-Covid and had to keep cancelling a trip that was to happen last year and this.

Diamond Dot

Hoping to go next year sometime between March and May. I'm also planning on going down to Osaka to visit US and Nintendo World. I nearly fainted with shock when I saw the prices of the US hotels in Osaka, so cheap!
So far the only disappointment is being unable to get a room for a solo traveller at one of the Disney hotels, I've been putting in the details to get an idea of the cost and it refuses to do it. Looks like the Hilton or Sheraton then.

MickeyCB

These Disney parks are my absolute number 1 bucket list item!!
Can't wait to hear more about your trip and very interested in any tips etc. for trying to travel there.
And that photo of where you live is just gorgeous!

JokersWild

Original Poster
Hey, guys. It’s been a while. Just wanted to give you all an update.

I’m just finishing the third day of my four day trip to Tokyo Disneyland. I’m going to the US afterwards to visit family, and I hope to have at least the first part of the proper trip report posted during that time.

In short, Tokyo Disneyland bar none the greatest resort in the world. Disneyland is everything a castle park should be with amazing attractions with consistently working effects, and fantastic cast members, and DisneySEA is the culmination of 50 years of Disney theme park design. Everything about it is amazing, and everyone should experience it at least once.

I’ll have more in-depth thoughts with my actual trip report coming soon. For now, I’ll leave you with a picture.
148963B9-E39C-4A7D-B52B-04531C9B0E69.jpeg

Married5Times

Japan has strict guidelines for touring these days.......they require pre-arranged tours and I didn't see Tokyo Disney as one of the options......Did I miss that one?????? I must have.

it looked like Japan tours were pretty much Mt Fuji and pagoda stuff and countryside travels

tanc

OP said they live in Japan, knowing the Japanese government who knows when tourism would be more free. If you go to Japan right now on a tour, it's a total waste. You'll look at a thousand temples and spend the entire time on a bus. Definitely not a fun trip, probably can't even go to the convenience store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom