Finally made a decision!

Joy Peace

Ok, I have decided that we are going to stay at Pop Century!:D As much as I love POR I would much rather have the extra money to do stuff like CDS or the Dolphin adventure thing and to buy stuff for my kids:sohappy: I feel much better now, thank you all for your amazing advice and neverending Disney hospitality! This site ROCKS!:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will have a great tme at POP. If you get a chance stop by PORS for breakfast at Boatwright's or maybe later on in the evening stop by the River Roost Lounge for an adult beverage and to listen to "Piano Bob". Have a walk around the resort and soak up the atmosphere. If you will have a car the easiest way to get the is to drive but if you are using Disney transportation one of the most enjoyable ways to get there is to take a buss to DTD and catch the boat (Dock is by Rainforest Cafe) over to PORS. For an early morning breakfast a cab will be your best bet.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Glad you made the decision, and Pop is my favorite of the Value resorts. Doesn't it feel good to have that decision made now?!! :kiss:

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

I think you made a great decision, I'm sure you'll love Pop Century!:sohappy::sohappy:
My husband and I stayed there in May and we are probably going back next September. We thought the "Everything Pop" food court was great, the food was good and you have a lot of choices. Also, Disney bus transportation is very efficient from that resort; there's a direct bus to every park, and we never waited more than 10 minutes at the bus stop. Have a great trip!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

Good Choice!:sohappy: We stayed at Pop in April and are leaving in 9 days for our next stay there, we can't wait. However, I will be ripping the room apart looking for any signs of bed bugs(since I read the thread I've had the creeps).

Upvote 0

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Me TOO! (search for bed bugs:eek:) Thank you to you all for your sweet support. I thought maybe for a second that I had made the wrong decision. We are looking forward to some much needed time together and what better place to do it in then the happiest place on earth!:sohappy:

Joy:)

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

Ok, I have decided that we are going to stay at Pop Century!:D As much as I love POR I would much rather have the extra money to do stuff like CDS or the Dolphin adventure thing and to buy stuff for my kids:sohappy: I feel much better now, thank you all for your amazing advice and neverending Disney hospitality! This site ROCKS!:wave:

I think this is a great decision. We do that all the time.. staying at the Pop Century gives us the ability to have a longer trip and also have more money for buying souvenirs, more dinners, and shirts etc. Besides, the Pop Century to me is more fun that the moderate resorts.. it just feels like Disney World to me.. while the moderates feel more like new orleans, mexico etc.

Upvote 0

Epcotbob

We just returned from a stay at Pop Century (1/10 - 1/15), it was great! We usually stay off-site at a vacation home, so I was a little worried about lot's of noise, but we had no problem at all with that. We were located on one of the ends away from the central area, so that probably helped.

The food court is great with lot's of selections, but it was fairly busy in the mornings.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Good deal!!! How could you have gone wrong?? It is all Disney after all!!! Pop Century is a great hotel and you will have a wonderful time. Dont forget to pick up the refillable mugs at the Food Court. They are good for unlimited refills from the soda bar (soda, iced tea, slushies, hot tea, coffee) for the length of your stay and make a great souvenier once you get home!!! Belle

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

They are good for unlimited refills from the soda bar (soda, iced tea, slushies, hot tea, coffee) for the length of your stay and make a great souvenier once you get home!!! Belle[/quote]

YUPPIE, Belle is right, we have 4 of the mugs and everytime I use 1 at home I have my Disney Thoughts....But I'm a FANatic so most of what I think is Disney anyway!....:wave:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. We went to Pop last March and are going again in April, I just can't wait. It was much nicer than we expected.

And now you've actually made the decision, every time you feel a little down just think of Disney! I get my money's worth out of the holiday just from looking forward to it, never mind the holiday itself :D

Have a great holiday:wave:

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Good choice. I have stayed at Pop for 3 trips now and love it. Great theme, food court, pools, transportation, etc. In fact, i just got back on Saturday. Don't forget, you can always visit the other resorts, but Pop is a great place to stay to save (as much as you can at Disney) money.

BTW, I highly recommend the Dolphins in Depth. I did it on Wednesday and loved it. You can read my TR for the details if you want, but I just wanted to let you know.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom