Finally got around to trying ....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just got back from 10 days in the World, and am happy to report that I was able try a few NEW ITEMS.
This was our 6th or 7th trip using DDP.

First up - took the boat from DTD to POFQ to try the beignets. We paid OOP for a serving of 6 puffy little pillows to be shared by 3 of us. Verdict - delish! And messy. But we wore our powdered sugar proudly, because it meant "Hey, we just ate some beignets, and you did not!"

Next up - Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. But first, the meal at LTT. My picky, picky (did I mention picky 'cause his mother did not) 11 year old nephew was not interested in anything on the menu, so he ate at Casey's first. My SIL (not the nephew's mom) and I decided to split the Colony Salad and the New England Pot Roast. Our server offered to have the kitchen plate the servings separately for us. I couldn't believe my eyes when he brought us each a huge bowl of salad and a huge plate of pot roast. Before digging in, I stopped him to confirm that this was indeed one serving of each, split. Very generous servings, to say the least.
And now to the dessert. So, so good. It has moved to the top of my all time favourite Disney dessert list.

Also ate breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express - twice! Both times my SIL and I had the crispy cornflake French toast. Absolutely wonderful. So, so good. My nephew had the chocolate chip waffle both times. My only comment - all those sweet beautiful carbs really needed a side serving of salty, savoury protein ... ie) bacon or sausage, to round out the meal.

And finally, lunch at BOG - another meal my nephew skipped in favour of lunch at Casey's. I had eaten dinner there last November during the soft opening, and found the meal to be just okay. I had no desire to spend TS credits here (not that we would have ever gotten ADR's anyway), but thought we'd give lunch a shot. This was another pleasant surprise. I ordered the braised pork (tasted just like pot roast) which was really delicious. My SIL ordered the Croque Monsieur. Again we split both. She ate her half sandwich first (loved it) and then had just a few bites of the pork. A-she was full and B-she thought it a little too fatty and salty. I ate my entire portion of the pork, but only had 2 bites of the sandwich. A-I was full and B-it was way too rich for me.
Based on multiple recommendations from folks here, we both ordered the strawberry cream cheese cupcake for dessert. The verdict - nasty, gross, soggy, lardy ... inedible. The meal still got 2 thumbs up though, as we rarely eat the QS desserts anyway.
I seriously think BOG needs to up the ante on their dessert offerings. If this had been a dinner, we would have sent the cupcakes back. They were that bad.

And that's it for the new stuff. Thanks everyone for the various recommendations. Sorry @real mad hatter, we didn't make over to POR for Magic Cookie Bars, but I can make those at home anytime.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Love the Ooey Gooey toffee cake, I make that at home sometimes. Not to pick on yor nephew but he couldn't find anything at Liberty Tree? It seems odd as it is kind classic American dishes, even a hamburger. Or is he just a hot dog kid? Oh well, Caseys does have some good dogs!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the Ooey Gooey toffee cake, I make that at home sometimes. Not to pick on yor nephew but he couldn't find anything at Liberty Tree? It seems odd as it is kind classic American dishes, even a hamburger. Or is he just a hot dog kid? Oh well, Caseys does have some good dogs!
When viewing the menu, he missed the Angus Chuck burger.

I took his sister last year, and she was a great eater - so much so, that I paid to upgrade her from child's DDP to adult DDP. Dylan, I came to learn, is the pickiest almost-12 year old I have ever met.

He does not eat: eggs, cheese, fruit (except cantaloupe and apples), veggies (except raw carrots), potatoes (except fries), French toast, sauce of any kind (including ketchup), and had his first burger (ever!) a week before arriving in Disney.

These are things I wish I had known prior to shelling out approx. $55/person for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.

On the plus side, he was perfectly behaved, quite gentlemanly, polite, and helpful. Well worth a couple of trips to Casey's for a plain hotdog!

real mad hatter

Just got back from 10 days in the World, and am happy to report that I was able try a few NEW ITEMS.
This was our 6th or 7th trip using DDP.

First up - took the boat from DTD to POFQ to try the beignets. We paid OOP for a serving of 6 puffy little pillows to be shared by 3 of us. Verdict - delish! And messy. But we wore our powdered sugar proudly, because it meant "Hey, we just ate some beignets, and you did not!"

Next up - Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. But first, the meal at LTT. My picky, picky (did I mention picky 'cause his mother did not) 11 year old nephew was not interested in anything on the menu, so he ate at Casey's first. My SIL (not the nephew's mom) and I decided to split the Colony Salad and the New England Pot Roast. Our server offered to have the kitchen plate the servings separately for us. I couldn't believe my eyes when he brought us each a huge bowl of salad and a huge plate of pot roast. Before digging in, I stopped him to confirm that this was indeed one serving of each, split. Very generous servings, to say the least.
And now to the dessert. So, so good. It has moved to the top of my all time favourite Disney dessert list.

Also ate breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express - twice! Both times my SIL and I had the crispy cornflake French toast. Absolutely wonderful. So, so good. My nephew had the chocolate chip waffle both times. My only comment - all those sweet beautiful carbs really needed a side serving of salty, savoury protein ... ie) bacon or sausage, to round out the meal.

And finally, lunch at BOG - another meal my nephew skipped in favour of lunch at Casey's. I had eaten dinner there last November during the soft opening, and found the meal to be just okay. I had no desire to spend TS credits here (not that we would have ever gotten ADR's anyway), but thought we'd give lunch a shot. This was another pleasant surprise. I ordered the braised pork (tasted just like pot roast) which was really delicious. My SIL ordered the Croque Monsieur. Again we split both. She ate her half sandwich first (loved it) and then had just a few bites of the pork. A-she was full and B-she thought it a little too fatty and salty. I ate my entire portion of the pork, but only had 2 bites of the sandwich. A-I was full and B-it was way too rich for me.
Based on multiple recommendations from folks here, we both ordered the strawberry cream cheese cupcake for dessert. The verdict - nasty, gross, soggy, lardy ... inedible. The meal still got 2 thumbs up though, as we rarely eat the QS desserts anyway.
I seriously think BOG needs to up the ante on their dessert offerings. If this had been a dinner, we would have sent the cupcakes back. They were that bad.

And that's it for the new stuff. Thanks everyone for the various recommendations. Sorry @real mad hatter, we didn't make over to POR for Magic Cookie Bars, but I can make those at home anytime.
No problem..I also make the MCB at home..Unfortunately nothing like the real thing..It's the pixie magic dust they use..Only available at Disney..;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Based on multiple recommendations from folks here, we both ordered the strawberry cream cheese cupcake for dessert. The verdict - nasty, gross, soggy, lardy ... inedible. I seriously think BOG needs to up the ante on their dessert offerings. If this had been a dinner, we would have sent the cupcakes back. They were that bad.
You should have tried the Grey Stuff cupcake! Tried it yesterday and it WAS delicious!

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Ah, you tried the Croque Monsieur. I won't say it's the best ham sandwich I've ever eaten, but I honestly can't think of any others off of the top of my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom