Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

Figments Friend

Original Poster
That's usually pretty dead but in the event it isn't, I'll suggest over by UoE. There's really nothing in that area at all.

Personally I'm not going to try for a prime spot. I've seen it tons of times so I just want to be close enough to see the stuff in the air and hear the music. Besides, I have a SSE FP at 6pm so there goes any chances of getting a super duper prime spot.

Thanks for the suggestion.
That area over by the ol' UoE is a depressing spot...for me, at least.
You are definitely right in saying it is pretty dead over there in front of the construction walls though.
Might make for a alternative spot if need arises.

And I'm with you - I also have no plans to stake out a lagoon spot hours in advance.
I have also seen the show multiple times from many angles, positions, and locations ( never got a dock or boat view, though! )
So I am there primarily for the atmosphere, and to 'be there' to observe and honor the final showing.
It will be a emotionally charged night, for sure.

-

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
UGGG! @trainplane3 and @Figments Friend, you both escalate a quandary in my mind that had already started. We have dining reservations at 6:15 at La Hacineda de San Angel (I am certainly NOT going to have a slow dinner taking up a table and see I:ROE, I want to be with the masses). I planned to immediately leave after dinner and go grab a spot around Norway. Your comments remind me that by then, it could be too late for direct water front (but who knows:angelic:). I have photographed from there (and some other places) but still haven't decided if I am going to do that. I probably won't because I KNOW my eyes will NOT be dry. So, maybe we will just grab as close as we can or walk around for a bit, enjoying the festivities, and see it where we see it.

33 Days!!!

trainplane3

UGGG! @trainplane3 and @Figments Friend, you both escalate a quandary in my mind that had already started. We have dining reservations at 6:15 at La Hacineda de San Angel (I am certainly NOT going to have a slow dinner taking up a table and see I:ROE, I want to be with the masses). I planned to immediately leave after dinner and go grab a spot around Norway. Your comments remind me that by then, it could be too late for direct water front (but who knows:angelic:). I have photographed from there (and some other places) but still haven't decided if I am going to do that. I probably won't because I KNOW my eyes will NOT be dry. So, maybe we will just grab as close as we can or walk around for a bit, enjoying the festivities, and see it where we see it.

33 Days!!!
Shockingly this little nook by China was empty until after the show was running for about 2 minutes.

Bad thing, it's behind one of the islands so your view will be neutered because of it. BUT, you are right next to a speaker.

I watched it every night on my last trip so I don't mind being a half mile away from it. Let the even bigger die hard fans closer.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Shockingly this little nook by China was empty until after the show was running for about 2 minutes.
View attachment 402786
Bad thing, it's behind one of the islands so your view will be neutered because of it. BUT, you are right next to a speaker.

I watched it every night on my last trip so I don't mind being a half mile away from it. Let the even bigger die hard fans closer.
While I appreciate the suggestion, since I did actually plan this entire trip just to see the finale of I:ROE and first night of EF, I do want to SEE the entire show 😅.

And I think that area will be packed 45 minutes to show time;)

Figments Friend

Original Poster

33 Days!!!

I am glad i brought it to your attention, but apologize for any 'stress' i might have caused in trying to decide what to do.
It is definitely something to consider, as i am expecting massive crowds in the Park that night just to take in the final show.
The place will be packed with all the fans and all the local 'vloggers' the following night as well, when 'Epcot Forever' debuts, so this is something to keep in mind too if you plan on doing some choice photography.

Hope to meet you there!
I am thinking about making up some fun givaways to give out to anyone who gets to partake in the fun of our impromptu meet up.

:)

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
A little music to get everyone stoked for the 'big night' -
( pre-show atmospheric music, included! )

LOVE this score to the Show.
Just epic.
I would say 70% of the appeal of 'Illuminations : RoE' is the stunning score.
Just beautiful, and the pyro and other elements perfectly match it in scope.

Man, i am really going to miss having my eyebrows singed by the 'Inferno Barge' and seeing that fabulous 'Earth Barge' float out onto the lagoon.
Whenever it would split open, at the climax of the musical score, and light it's 21st Century Torch, followed by the 'thousand shells' of fireworks, i ALWAYS have wet cheeks.
The final night will be no different.

I am fully expecting people at the Park that night to be singing loudly 'We Go On' when it plays during the finale.
Ya'all will disappoint me majorly if it does not happen!
( Epcot late night signalongs are a tradition ! )
;)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Had to share this really nice photo of the 'Inferno Barge' in action.
I would credit the photographer, if I knew who shot this.
Fantastic.

I can feel my eyebrows becoming singed already!

I have also just learned of a couple of other 'fan gatherings' and events taking place that night to enable others fans to take in the final showing.
So I am definitely considering the meet up for us to be over by the Imagination Pavllion's old 'fountain gardens' as other groups may possibly have plans to meet in the central plaza / Fountain of Nations area.
That area outside, above ground level, behind the 'upside down fountain' seems like a great spot to me!

More to come...

-

Last edited:

KikoKea

Had to share this really nice photo of the 'Inferno Barge' in action.
I would credit the photographer, if I knew who shot this.
Fantastic.

I can feel my eyebrows becoming singed already!

View attachment 403455

I have also just learned of a couple of other 'fan gatherings' and events taking place that night to enable others fans to take in the final showing.
So I am definitely considering the meet up for us to be over by the Imagination Pavllion's old 'fountain gardens' as other groups may possibly have plans to meet in the central plaza / Fountain of Nations area.
That area outside, above ground level, behind the 'upside down fountain' seems like a great spot to me!

More to come...

-
Is that area a good place to watch? We want to avoid the crowd around the lake.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I doubt capacity. Epcots only hit that once and that was NYE 99 and for good reason. But certainly brace for huge crowds.
I was there that day...

I also saw the fireworks on its 2nd or 3rd day of full go in the park.

Lots of history for me tied to that show...but I won’t truly miss it till there’s an unnecessary cartoon show in its place...which is of course likely

Figments Friend

Original Poster
="KikoKea, post: 8866567, member: 106302"]
Is that area a good place to watch? We want to avoid the crowd around the lake.

My favorite spot was the 'centerline' view, seated at waters edge where it is now reserved for FP+ holders only.
Prior to FP+, this used to be a public viewing area for anyone.
The area was roped off a few hours before showtime, but a half hour before Cast would drop the rope.
I would always get a front row seat, right on the centerline.
The view was fantastic.
That is far more challanging to do now thanks to FP+, and will be downright impossible to do on the night of the Final Showing.

Here's a quick guide to other great spots to view, but I am sure these will fill up quickly in the hours before showtime if the expected crowds show up -

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My favorite spot was the 'centerline' view, seated at waters edge where it is now reserved for FP+ holders only.
Before that time, you used to be able to show up about a half hour before showtime and cast would drop a road to that once public section and I would always get a front row seat.
That is far more challanging to do now, and downright impossible on the night of the Final Showing.

Here's a quick guide to other great spots to view, but I am sure these will fill up quickly in the hours before showtime if the expected crowds show up -

View attachment 405075
Life was better before rides had to be booked like a trendy midtown restaurant 😉

trainplane3

Prior to FP+, this used to be a public viewing area for anyone.
The area was roped off a few hours before showtime, but a half hour before Cast would drop the rope.
I would always get a front row seat, right on the centerline.
The view was fantastic.
That is far more challanging to do now thanks to FP+, and will be downright impossible to do on the night of the Final Showing.

View attachment 405075
I liked being roughly between Norway and Mexico. Also between Japan and America was pretty good as well.

Boat dock wins by a mile and a half obviously.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
My favorite part is when the lights go on...that and of course the whistlers...which I think have been gone for years??

'Blowing out' the torches waterside is indeed a neat moment.
I enjoy that as well.

Yes, the 'whistlers' used during that segment of the show were discontinued some years ago.
I miss them as well.
That segment, to this day, when the music plays I still hear those 'whistlers' in my head at the appropriate times.

-

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
'Blowing out' the torches waterside is indeed a neat moment.
I enjoy that as well.

Yes, the 'whistlers' used during that segment of the show were discontinued some years ago.
I miss them as well.
That segment, to this day, when the music plays I still hear those 'whistlers' in my head at the appropriate times.

-

Don’t. We. All.
I'm kinda sure you'll see some similar and better laser effects.
Maybe...it better not be to “circle of life” 😡

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Alrighty kids -

I have decided on the meet up spot for anyone interested in getting together on the day of the Final Showing for 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth'.

The impromptu meet up will take place at -

The IMAGINATION PAVILION
Monday, September 30th from 2:00pm to 3:00pm

I will be hanging out during that full hour in the area behind the 'Upside Down Fountain', in the former Imagination Gardens area.
This is home to the famous 'Leap Frog Fountains', and is also the EXIT area outside of the Magic Eye Theater.
This is a area very few Guests tend to linger in once exiting the theater, but back in the day it was lively and had a lot of topiary and visual delights.
Today, it is a great meeting spot that everyone can find and features seating, shade, and some nice views of Future World.

I plan on bringing some fun things with me to give away to anyone who happens to show up and say hello.....
More about that at a later time, when i am able to share photos.

Hope to see some folks there!

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom