Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

Rue D'Baga

I'm glad the times worked out and I got you guys up there! It's a very nice view that's sadly locked behind a (pricy) pay-wall.

And as a general FYI for anyone else reading this, I don't mind taking people up here to see the view (and have a drink and snack). If my trip lines up with someone else's trip and I don't need to majorly modify my schedule, they can come up! This applies to Top of the World as well but that's a bit trickier due to the times (5-midnight).

There may be a trip for the Epcot art festival in early 2020...

Let me know if you plan a trip the last week of April. 😁

Figments Friend

Original Poster

In tribute to those hard working Cast Members who kept the Show going these 20 years.
We salute you!
✨

( photo credit - E82 The EPCOT Legacy )

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wish I could take the credit and ingenuity for the decals but I, unfortunately, came to the M&G empty handed.

Who was the kind person that brought the Epcot decals?

My apologies, that would be @TOCPE82 who kindly gave us all those very cool Pavilion logo vinyl decals.
I love the 'Illuminations' one...and of course I chose the Imagination Pavilion logo too.
:)

My bad...for some reason I thought it was you who had brought those, but now I'm remembering you and your wife were wearing the blue honeymoon shirts and fun mouse ears.
Did I guess correctly this time...?
Nice to meet you both!

I would like to give a shout out to the friendly Cast Member Tony who came by for some postcard art and kindly gave us all cool EPCOT Center logo pin back buttons.
These were Cast exclusives given out after the announcement was made about the redevelopment of the Park, and it was a really cool gesture.
So thanks, Tony!
And thanks for coming by to say hello!

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I meant to share this last week, but better late then never -

I was going through the box full of Theme Park brocheres I've gathered over the years and had to pull this one out for a quick photo.
The inside of a late 2000 Epcot Guide Map, promoting the Millennium Celebration offerings....on reflective gold toned paper.
Classy!

-

TOCPE82

My apologies, that would be @TOCPE82 who kindly gave us all those very cool Pavilion logo vinyl decals.
I love the 'Illuminations' one...and of course I chose the Imagination Pavilion logo too.

My bad...for some reason I thought it was you who had brought those, but now I'm remembering you and your wife were wearing the blue honeymoon shirts and fun mouse ears.
Did I guess correctly this time...?
Nice to meet you both!

I would like to give a shout out to the friendly Cast Member Tony who came by for some postcard art and kindly gave us all cool EPCOT Center logo pin back buttons.
These were Cast exclusives given out after the announcement was made about the redevelopment of the Park, and it was a really cool gesture.
So thanks, Tony!
And thanks for coming by to say hello!

-

It was my pleasure to provide the logos. Anything to spread the old school EPCOT love!

I do sell full sets of them, if that type of thing is allowed :)

RSoxNo1

Another pair of photos I shot from the upper level of the Imagination Pavilion.

It was really quite moving to see this view again after thirty something years....

View attachment 416030

Our meeting place, from above within the glass pyramid -

View attachment 416032
Was their bird crap on the underside? We got up there on Tuesday and were trying to find the gravity defying birds.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Was their bird crap on the underside? We got up there on Tuesday and were trying to find the gravity defying birds.

I didn't see any, but I was distracted from such observations by the fine company I was with.
I did notice the glass panels of the pyramid looked like they needed a really good cleaning from the outside however.
Lots a dark streaks left behind on the glass frosting from years of rain on the metal supports.

-

Tom Morrow

Does anyone know of any tasteful posters being sold for Reflections of Earth? Like on Etsy and such? I found all of the merch Disney sold for IllumiNations to be tacky and tasteless and refused to buy any of it, but I want... something. Users on Etsy have some nice designs, but no posters.

trainplane3

Does anyone know of any tasteful posters being sold for Reflections of Earth? Like on Etsy and such? I found all of the merch Disney sold for IllumiNations to be tacky and tasteless and refused to buy any of it, but I want... something. Users on Etsy have some nice designs, but no posters.
I (impulsively) bought a giclee of RoE on Friday night. It wasn't there when I was in the store earlier in the week. Once it gets here, I'll toss a picture of it up. I think they made prints of it too. I think it's pretty tasteful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom