Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

*Q*

Since not that many people brought this up. Another thing that I will miss from ROE is the projection on Spaceship Earth. For those that are leaving at the end of the show. Spaceship Earth would have a projection with the show's logo (formally their sponsor).

For example, at the end of the 4th of July show, they showed stars flying and wishing Happy Birthday To America.

On Epcot's 30th Anniversary, they showed the old and new Epcot logo with the number 30 on SSE.

On Epcot's Christmas tag, they said "Goodnight" in various languages while snow was falling.

Was the Spaceship Earth projection created for ROE or was that used before? I seriously hope they bring this back for "Epcot Forever" (Heck even HarmonioUS).

Did they do something special for tonight's final showing or was it the same?

It was something they did prior to RoE and disappeared when that show debuted. It returned when Siemens picked up sponsorship.

PeoplemoverTTA

It was something they did prior to RoE and disappeared when that show debuted. It returned when Siemens picked up sponsorship.

They did it during the holidays, at least, before Siemens. This picture is from 12/22/2004.

Attachments

• 3D8A9ED0-4D74-4DFE-B659-1433861DE348.jpeg
    3D8A9ED0-4D74-4DFE-B659-1433861DE348.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 70

TrainsOfDisney

The funeral of EPCOT. But tonight I'm grateful for all the evenings I've spend with this show.

I travelled to EPCOT specifically to see RoE a few more times. 13 times in fact. In a row. One pavilion at a time, plus front of house.

Heartbroken, but a new day will dawn...

For consolation I did get a little hug today from Kellie Coffey, the voice of Promise. :)

View attachment 415328
A few years ago it rained Illuminations. I was bombarded with more shrapnel than during my tour of duty in 'Nam!!
I took a few pieces home and kept them as a souvenir, used fireworks shells. I collected autographs on one of them.
I now have one piece of tangible Illuminations with the autographs of Don Dorsey (top, show designer)
Gavin Greenaway (left, music composer), and Kellie Coffey (right, angel).

Did you go to the special panel they did at the beach club? I was so sad to find out about that AFTER the fact. Couldn’t believe that wasn’t discussed on this site anywhere.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Very sad watching the final show (a stream, not there in-person). Illuminations: Reflections of Earth was special. It was timeless, relevant, family, and Disney. Unfortunately, it was all of those things for a different era of TWDC, and the things that made it exactly that no longer apply to this era - a timeless message, a relevant message, a family message, and a uniquely Disney message. No characters, no talking, no tie-ins of any sort, just an inspirational show, one hopeful for the future. Those are what (allegedly) matter to guests now, not nighttime shows designed to move you and inspire you.

To all involved with the creation and operation of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth for the past 20 years - Thank you. It will be missed.

Last edited:

Father Robinson

Very sad watching the final show (a stream, not there in-person). Illuminations: Reflections of Earth was special. It was timeless, relevant, family, and Disney. Unfortunately, it was all of those things for a different era of TWDC, and the things that made it exactly that no longer apply to this era - a timeless message, a relevant message, a family message, and a uniquely Disney message. No characters, no talking, no tie-ins of any sort, just an inspirational show, one hopeful for the future. Those are what (allegedly) matter to guests now, not nighttime shows designed to move you and inspire you.

To all involved with the creation and operation of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth for the past 20 years - Thank you. It will be missed.
Can we share the heck out of this, please?!

ImperfectPixie

And suddenly things turned ugly.. :hungover:
14:40 - 18:00 (warning: there is cursing) Woman in question can be seen at 07:38.

I think they are both in the wrong, though obviously one more so than the other. The video is by the lady who can be seen near the end of ResortTV1's stream saying she is going to security over it.

Filming lady should have been more concerned about ruining the experience of other people who were there - sorry, but they paid to be there, they have a right to enjoy the show, too, her live-stream doesn't take priority over that. Other lady should NOT have touched filming lady's umbrella, but I get why she did.

The Empress Lilly

And suddenly things turned ugly.. :hungover:
14:40 - 18:00 (warning: there is cursing) Woman in question can be seen at 07:38.

I think they are both in the wrong, though obviously one more so than the other. The video is by the lady who can be seen near the end of ResortTV1's stream saying she is going to security over it.

Umbrella lady should've been drowned in the lake. What an inconsiderate fool.

If you need protection from the rain, bring a poncho. If you only brought an umbrella, well move to the back of the crowd where you don't block the view of everybody else.

Showing up first does not make you Imelda Marcos of your own little thirty square feet empire. It only means you have a good spot and need to be just as considerate as everybody else. What's next, her royal princess showing up for HEA at 2pm as and unfolding a huge tent that blocks the view of 15k people on Main Street? Because after all then they should've just shown up earlier so they could've been the one doing the blocking?

TrainsOfDisney

Lots of noisy guests around me in Japan.... I finally moved to get away from them and so I would have a better view of the torches coming on at the end. Glad I saw it all week long... I was expecting crowds but would have rather been in a crowd that had been drinking a little less. Ha.

At least I didn’t have any umbrella fights!

PeoplemoverTTA

Umbrella lady should've been drowned in the lake. What an inconsiderate fool.

If you need protection from the rain, bring a poncho. If you only brought an umbrella, well move to the back of the crowd where you don't block the view of everybody else.

Showing up first does not make you Imelda Marcos of your own little thirty square feet empire. It only means you have a good spot and need to be just as considerate as everybody else. What's next, her royal princess showing up for HEA at 2pm as and unfolding a huge tent that blocks the view of 15k people on Main Street? Because after all then they should've just shown up earlier so they could've been the one doing the blocking?

I typically try not to judge the 'lifestylers' -- to each his or her own. If that's how you want to spend your days, good luck to you. But honestly, the sense of entitlement shown by this chick was a bit offensive. Clearly everyone there was a fan trying to say goodbye to a beloved show. The notion of "my audience!" is just a bit annoying to me. Like there were plenty of streams online for people to catch, are YOU really that important that you had to basically give everyone else the finger in order to please "your audience?!" I thought we're all supposed to be fans enjoying things together? So much for a sense of community. It's only community if it's the one you're soliciting for clicks and donations I suppose.

How sweet 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom