Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

Joesixtoe

I tried to get a Fastpass for the final performance on the morning of exactly 30 days out, and they were already gone. Oh well, the Fastpass viewing area is only slightly better than others.
I had fast pass once..... never again. Unless you get there early, you get stuck behind poles and such.

trainplane3

I like it because it’s the only spot around the lagoon where the show fills your whole field of view. The next best thing would be Canada, Mexico, and Norway.
Germany wasn't too bad:
sWfjx1u.jpg

But dock wins:
uOxGY4x.jpg

cosmicgirl

To all you going for the last show:

Assuming you’re allowed, please try and be at the drawbridge for when they start to bring the hardware back the marina afterwards.

The crew would really appreciate it.
At what time would this usually happen? Is it immediately after the show? I've never paid attention to it.

trainplane3

Assuming you’re allowed, please try and be at the China drawbridge for when they start to bring the hardware back to the marina afterwards.

I didn't even think of that.

I know when we wished the crew goodluck and "great show" before and after, they really seemed to appreciate it even if they were in a rush to get back to their boat.

I've already told my friends to expect to hangout in Epcot for a while after the show so I'll definitely plan on doing that!

Figments Friend

Original Poster

Assuming you’re allowed, please try and be at the China drawbridge for when they start to bring the hardware back to the marina afterwards.

I will be there, unless they clear that section of the Park by the time of the move.

If a crowd is gathered, and we explain ourselves, I would think security would allow people to wait until they pass.

Of course, we need to also stick around for the final 'burn off' from the Inferno Barge.
;)
-

cosmicgirl

I will be there, unless they clear that section of the Park by the time of the move.

If a crowd is gathered, and we explain ourselves, I would think security would allow people to wait until they pass.

Of course, we need to also stick around for the final 'burn off' from the Inferno Barge.
;)
-
Well... I was at WDSP a couple of weeks ago on RnRC's last day of operation and when I got off the ride about an hour before closure it was suspiciously quiet in the area. Turns out they had already blocked off the path leading to the ride an hour before park closure. Going by the words flying around they didn't give a Ratatouille's Alien Swirling Saucer about the fans' explanations... :( Maybe WDW would be different but I wasn't expecting this in Paris, either.

trainplane3

;)
-
After ROE (on my last trip), I was still able to walk around WS without issue but they were slowly starting to push guests out later on. I don't think there's any EMH. If there was, they really wouldn't care then.

JohnD

Wish I could be there. My consolation is that I have some good videos taken from Rose & Crown (before the dinner packages) and also from the FP+ viewing area.

Mark P.

We booked flights the same evening that the Disney Parks Blog livestream confirmed that 9/30 was the farewell showing. Beginning to emotionally prepare myself to say goodbye to a show that, more than any other parks experience, has defined my relationship with the parks.

How early does everyone plan on settling into position that evening? I'm hoping it won't be NYE levels of congestion around the World Showcase but we're already prepared to wait near our usual spot for a few hours if absolutely necessary.

Surfin' Tuna

We went last night, because I'm trying to get as many views in as I can. I want to soak it all in, because this is really the end. We watched the show, watched the crew move the equipment back through the drawbridge, and walked around what's left of the park. It was my saddest night ever at Epcot. I cried a small tear (or more) as the globe opened, and I really lost it thinking about the lyrics, "to a new day, we go on." There will be a new day, but it won't be the same. This is really the last of many painful nails in the coffin of our Epcot. The people who don't get it may never get it, but it was much more than a theme park. It was a park of hope and inspiration. It was a different type of park that will never be equaled. Right now Bob and Bob are sleeping soundly just a few miles from Epcot not knowing, understanding, or caring that this is so difficult for so many of us. They are part of the group who doesn't get it, but they could get it. If they would stand on the docks and watch that performance they would get it. We do go on, and there will be many great days ahead. I just wish they weren't filled with characters and IPs at every turn.

wiredforflight

I have several times thanked the crew as they open the bridge and exit for the night. They always light up with joy for being thanked so I try to do it as often as I can. Deffintally will try the last night.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
We went last night, because I'm trying to get as many views in as I can. I want to soak it all in, because this is really the end. We watched the show, watched the crew move the equipment back through the drawbridge, and walked around what's left of the park. It was my saddest night ever at Epcot. I cried a small tear (or more) as the globe opened, and I really lost it thinking about the lyrics, "to a new day, we go on." There will be a new day, but it won't be the same. This is really the last of many painful nails in the coffin of our Epcot. The people who don't get it may never get it, but it was much more than a theme park. It was a park of hope and inspiration. It was a different type of park that will never be equaled. Right now Bob and Bob are sleeping soundly just a few miles from Epcot not knowing, understanding, or caring that this is so difficult for so many of us. They are part of the group who doesn't get it, but they could get it. If they would stand on the docks and watch that performance they would get it. We do go on, and there will be many great days ahead. I just wish they weren't filled with characters and IPs at every turn.

This.

So much.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom