Final Day of Opperation for Timekeeper...?

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Does anyone know what the final date of opperation for Timekeeper is going to be? (Last I checked, a CM for Tomorrowland said that date had not yet been provided to them.)

Thanks,

-TK

mightyduck

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Final operating day is 9/22/2001 - although as always, subject to change! :)

How disappointing. I really like this one. :(

WDWMagic wouldn't refer to your ability to make this attraction stay, would it, Steve?

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I don't know if Steve knew this or not but accourding to rumors, Disney will reopen Timekeeper again temporaily for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration but then close it again. :(

DisJosh

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I don't know if Steve knew this or not but accourding to rumors, Disney will reopen Timekeeper again temporaily for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration but then close it again. :(

No, they reopenned for the time period that its a small world is being rehabed.........not for the 100 YOM celebration.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I keeping hearing that it will reopen for the 100 Years of Magic. It would make sense to have an attraction there for the huge crowds during the new celebration at least till things calm down but if I'm wrong....

9-Eye

I keeping hearing that it will reopen for the 100 Years of Magic. It would make sense to have an attraction there for the huge crowds during the new celebration at least till things calm down but if I'm wrong....

Whether you're (the rumor's) wrong or right, and it would be cool if you were right, during what time period is considered to be the 100 Years... Celebration? In other words, when does the Celebration start, and end?

Just as a footnote, a CM at the TK attraction confirmed that, yes, it would be closing (permanently) in 3 weeks, and had no knowledge of any news beyond that. So this one, as of now, falls into the "rumor" category.

And as a foot-footnote, I just thought I'd say this: I called WDW Information the day before Timekeeper re-opened (Sat.) asking if it was in fact going to re-open on Sunday. After the operator contacted attractions, they answered me by stating that it was just a rumor. The next day, TK opened! I know how those WDW people are, but that's just rediculous!

9-Eye

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The celebration starts from October 1st, 2001 till January 1st, 2003. The first three monthes should be crowded and they need as many attractions open as they can. This is why they are doing rehabs now, so they won't have to do it later and have the crowds complain.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Timekeeper de Pari

Originally posted by markymark
Oh well, At least I can still go to the one in Paris.

Cool. Do you have or know of any online audio/video/photos from the Timekeeper attraction in Paris? I'd love to find something on that.

-TK

MrPromey

Re: Reply

Originally posted by 9-Eye

And as a foot-footnote, I just thought I'd say this: I called WDW Information the day before Timekeeper re-opened (Sat.) asking if it was in fact going to re-open on Sunday. After the operator contacted attractions, they answered me by stating that it was just a rumor. The next day, TK opened! I know how those WDW people are, but that's just rediculous!

9-Eye

Yes, they're a pretty cagey, shifty eyed lot. I once tried to ask a cast member in Guest Services what color the sky was and he asked me what color I thought it should be. Then I asked if he thought it was hot out and he said it was warmer than some days and cooler than others.. It's like talking to a politician ;)

minnie85

Markymark, if your going to the one in paris i think all the narations of the rides are in french, if you know french thats fine but still funny to hear if your used to the english version. i once heard the HM in french Leota sounded drunk or something! :)

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Leota

Originally posted by minnie85
i once heard the HM in french Leota sounded drunk or something! :)

Yes, body-less heads have been known to tip the bottle every now and then. If you look around the seance room very carefully, you'll notice a bottle of hooch hovering about the other items. Those imagineer people think of everything.

(Rumor has it Leota - actress - took a few sips due to the gruling number of takes the folks at Disney required of her. After an entire week of filming, they ended up with a loopable reel a little over a minute long. Under these conditions, I'd turn to the bottle too.)

-TK

thoehammer

Time Keeper

I really hope they reopen it for the 100 years celebration i,ve enjoyed it so much the last 2 times i,ve gone i,d love to see it once more before it closes!!

Next trip Oct 25 2002 thru Nov 3

jay_london

Re: Time Keeper

Originally posted by thoehammer
I really hope they reopen it for the 100 years celebration i,ve enjoyed it so much the last 2 times i,ve gone i,d love to see it once more before it closes!!

Next trip Oct 25 2002 thru Nov 3

If you want it don't sit there and cry, get organised, start petitions, find our Eisners home address and have it DHL'd. Threaten to stay away from wdw if they close TK and stay at Universal instead. They need our $$$$$'s if you don't like what they doing to our wdw then fight the bastards.;)

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The original one is in Paris. Sometimes the copy of an attraction from another works in every park but sometimes it doesn't like Timekeeper. Oh well....

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Works

The original one is in Paris. Sometimes the copy of an attraction from another works in every park but sometimes it doesn't like Timekeeper. Oh well....

It's been running for quite a few years now. A decade is pretty good, so I'd say it's "worked out." ...Particularly when the attraction is based on film, a medium that is undergoing many technological innovations every day.

Impressions de France, to this day, impresses me.

My ideal NEW "Timekeeper" attraction would involve 3-D Circlevision, with a large hydrolic motion rig in the center. (Much like the large motion simulators in Las Vegas.) This would marry together each of those innovative ideas. Some attractions (Disney and otherwise) combine 2 of those ideas, but I've never heard of an attraction that combined all 3.

The show engineers could point you in the exact direction they want you to look - yet you could look in any direction you wished. And finally, you'd get to sit down the whole time.

- TK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom