Filming for Saturday Night Takeaway - MK Flagpole MIA

Kman101

This is random, but because it's pretty rare to find an actual bench in the Magic Kingdom, it was really nice to park myself on a cool looking bench in Animal Kingdom across from Harambe Market and people watch. I got a few stares actually, like "what is this person doing SITTING" lol

roj2323

IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG

DGracey

drizgirl

This must be one heck of a popular show in order to literally take over one of the most valuable pieces of real estate for the Walt Disney Company.

But once again, the Town Square trees get ripped out. Hopefully some nice, big, full, luscious, beautiful green trees get planted back in that square ...
Wait..... did they cut down trees for this?

drizgirl

They get put back in after - happened for Christmas Parade filming as well as shows like Rosie and Kelly & Michael.
OK, that makes me feel better. Thanks!

I wonder if they'll put the ones back in Frontierland when the Tiana ice cream social ends.

COProgressFan

But once again, the Town Square trees get ripped out. Hopefully some nice, big, full, luscious, beautiful green trees get planted back in that square ...

Wait..... did they cut down trees for this?

They get put back in after - happened for Christmas Parade filming as well as shows like Rosie and Kelly & Michael.

The problem with that is they should really be letting the trees mature. Once you put in trees and let them establish a solid root system and grow, you're not going be able to keep taking them out. Instead we keep ending up with tiny trees that keep getting replaced.

While I don't like it, I get why they removed the trees from the hub. I don't get why they are so against having mature, shade providing trees in Town Square.

biggy H

This must be one heck of a popular show in order to literally take over one of the most valuable pieces of real estate for the Walt Disney Company.

In the UK the show is extremely popular and the stars, Ant and Dec, present 3 of ITV's most important shows (X-factor, I'm a celebrity get me out of here.. and Saturday Night Take Away). They have been winning popularity awards for their shows for years...

gavvy

For the USA chaps - this is probably the biggest show in the UK at the moment, by the biggest and probably the best double act we have had in years, the budget for the show is massive that's why each series is only around 6 weeks... but have a think here, Disney launched free Dining to UK chaps this week and with Brexit etc am sure they see a softening of a prime market of WDW, am sure this is why Disney have allowed ITV to take over the town square and give them a shed load of advertising for WDW to the UK. It's a win on their behalfs, would not be surprised if they helped pay for the flights of the 500 winners as well.

Marketing Genius I say :)

DGracey

The problem with that is they should really be letting the trees mature. Once you put in trees and let them establish a solid root system and grow, you're not going be able to keep taking them out. Instead we keep ending up with tiny trees that keep getting replaced.

While I don't like it, I get why they removed the trees from the hub. I don't get why they are so against having mature, shade providing trees in Town Square.

Agreed - and feeling a bit nostalgic for the larger tree look in Town Square (and also the Hub in front of the castle, although they did a great job on the new design I must say).

Here's hoping some pixie dust magic can make Town Square feel like a Town Square again with nice trees ...

Attachments

• TownSquare1.jpg
    TownSquare1.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,043
  • TownSquare2.jpg
    TownSquare2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • OldHub.jpg
    OldHub.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 1,051

Kman101

Agreed - and feeling a bit nostalgic for the larger tree look in Town Square (and also the Hub in front of the castle, although they did a great job on the new design I must say).

Here's hoping some pixie dust magic can make Town Square feel like a Town Square again with nice trees ...

SO much better

I like the expanded hub (ducks) but the lack of trees is awful. As is the lack of benches.

biggy H

For the USA chaps - this is probably the biggest show in the UK at the moment, by the biggest and probably the best double act we have had in years, the budget for the show is massive that's why each series is only around 6 weeks... but have a think here, Disney launched free Dining to UK chaps this week and with Brexit etc am sure they see a softening of a prime market of WDW, am sure this is why Disney have allowed ITV to take over the town square and give them a shed load of advertising for WDW to the UK. It's a win on their behalfs, would not be surprised if they helped pay for the flights of the 500 winners as well.

Marketing Genius I say :)

Virgin Atlantic supplied the flights and Virgin Holidays probably paid alot of the accommodation costs. Probably a lot cheaper than actually paying for advertising on the programme for the last 6 weeks or so plus all the other free publicity this event has gained for them. it wouldn't surprise me much of it didn't actually cost ITV/Saturday Takeaway that much with many bits being supplied by others for advertising consideration.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom