Figmentisgreat's Pre-Trip Report

Well, we're 2 weeks and one day out from our trip!!!! Time for a pre-trip report!

The adventurers: Heather and Bob

n1334040054_30020019_8707.jpg

n1334040054_30019993_5198.jpg

n1334040054_30020021_9286.jpg

(All pictures from our photopass CD from last trip :))

Bob and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary on July 9th of this year - he just finished his first year of Law school and I just finished my last year as an undergraduate. This is our third trip together! My mom bought us this trip as my graduation present! We are having a 8 day trip, we are on the dining plan, and we are staying at POFQ. I have finally converted him into a full-fledged Disney lover as well <3 <3 Unfortunately, we don't have park hoppers :-(

So, now that you know this background information, here is the plan!

Tuesday 5/26
FLY TO DISNEY
8:00 AM - Leave for ACY
9:30 AM - Arrive ACY
11:50 AM - Fly to MCO
2:10 PM - Arrive at MCO
4:10 PM - Arrive at EPCOT
4:30PM - Dinner at Teppan Edo
Wednesday 5/27
MAGIC KINGDOM
9:00 AM - Wake up/get ready/get drinks
10:00 AM - Take bus to MK
6:50 PM - Take Monorail to Contemporary
7:40 PM - Dinner at Chef Mickey’s
Thursday 5/28
EPCOT
10:00 AM - Take bus to EPCOT
4:05 PM - Dinner at Le Cellier
Friday 5/29
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
8:00 AM - Wake up/get ready/get drinks
9:00 AM - Take bus to DHS
7:00 PM - Take bus to Polynesian
7:45 PM - Dinner at Kona Cafe
Saturday 5/30
ANIMAL KINGDOM
10:00 AM - Take bus to AK
5:00 PM - Take bus to Downtown Disney
6:10 PM - Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Sunday 5/31
MAGIC KINGDOM
10:00 AM - Take bus to MK
6:20 PM - Dinner at Tony’s Town Square
12:00 AM - Leave MK
Monday 6/1
EPCOT
10:00 AM - Take bus to EPCOT
4:45 PM - Take monorail to Grand Floridian
5:45 PM - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Tuesday 6/2
~5:45 AM - Leave for MCO
8:45 AM - Fly to ACY
11:00 AM - Arrive at ACY
1:00 PM - Arrive home :-(

What do you think? Sorry for the lack of precision with the times - I'm trying to be more flexible this trip and not drive Bob insane!

I'm going to hopefully buy a camera right before my trip, so I should have lots of pictures! Let me know if there is anything in particular that you would like a picture of, and I'll do my best!

disneyfreak1259

Its so refreshing to see others who plan everything out just as I do. My boyfriend always gets so mad at me for creating an itinerary for our Disney trips. & yours seem to be nearly exactly like mine.haha. You seem to be planning everything well & not spreading yourself to thin. I hope you have a fantastic time while your there!!

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Its so refreshing to see others who plan everything out just as I do. My boyfriend always gets so mad at me for creating an itinerary for our Disney trips. & yours seem to be nearly exactly like mine.haha. You seem to be planning everything well & not spreading yourself to thin. I hope you have a fantastic time while your there!!

Thank you! You guys seem adorable!!!!!

BTW, We are now down to 10 days until we leave!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

DisneyMom4

Great restaurant choices! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

The only thing I would point out is that on Sunday (5/31) you are planning a massive day....which will be SO fun! That next morning you may want to plan on sleeping in a bit more than 9 AM. I know I would need to or I'd be like this :fork: all day long.

Have fun!

abug'saunt

First, congrats on your graduation. Second - Happy (early) anniversary.

My DH and I are 12 days out from our trip, staying at POR, celebrating our 16 years of wedded bliss. Your plans seem very doable. We try to plan but about the only thing we can set down for certain are our dates there and the ADR's. This trip DH, who is a big Star Wars fan, gets to do SWW twice.

Have a great trip. :wave:

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Your trip sounds fabulous, tiring, but fabulous! (HA HA)

I'm curious about your cheat sheets. What are some of the things you include on yours?

Well, the "cheat sheet" is actually a collection of index cards on a keyring - i laminate each card and punch a hole in the corner

The first one has our names, phone numbers, emergency contact numbers, and medical information on them as well as the resort we are staying at. Then, it goes by day - for the first day, I put our flight information, (numbers, arrival and departure times, etc.) and our hotel confirmation number. In addition, I put our dining reservation time and confirmation code.
For each subsequent date I put our plan for the day (where we are going, what time the park is open to, etc.) and the dining information.
Finally, on the last day, we have the flight info again.

There is also one index card that is blank, and we carry around a sharpie marker with us. Whenever we get a photopass card, we right the number on the index card...last trip we ended up with 3 different cards and we wanted to make sure that we had all of the codes in case we accidentally lost the photopass card. I think that's pretty much it! It's really convenient and just slips right in our bag and has all of the info that we could possibly need. Plus, if we lose our bag for some reason, all of our info is easily accessible and it could be returned to us!

Well, the "cheat sheet" is actually a collection of index cards on a keyring - i laminate each card and punch a hole in the corner

The first one has our names, phone numbers, emergency contact numbers, and medical information on them as well as the resort we are staying at. Then, it goes by day - for the first day, I put our flight information, (numbers, arrival and departure times, etc.) and our hotel confirmation number. In addition, I put our dining reservation time and confirmation code.
For each subsequent date I put our plan for the day (where we are going, what time the park is open to, etc.) and the dining information.

There is also one index card that is blank, and we carry around a sharpie marker with us. Whenever we get a photopass card, we right the number on the index card...last trip we ended up with 3 different cards and we wanted to make sure that we had all of the codes in case we accidentally lost the photopass card. I think that's pretty much it! It's really convenient and just slips right in our bag and has all of the info that we could possibly need. Plus, if we lose our bag for some reason, all of our info is easily accessible and it could be returned to us!

LOVE IT! GREAT IDEA! Think I'll do that for our upcoming trip. Thanks for the tip.

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Your trip sounds fabulous, tiring, but fabulous! (HA HA)

I'm curious about your cheat sheets. What are some of the things you include on yours?

By the way, I just noticed your location! Bob was in Durham at NCCU Law all year, so I made a couple of trips to the area! BTW, I am in love with Streets at Southpoint!

MicheleK

I do the same sort of thing but I store all info in my cell phone :).

Have a wonderful time. I'm leaving this coming Thursday for Florida (Vero Beach - Neice's HS graduation) but I'll be skipping Disney unfortunately this trip :(. But will be back again in six weeks for a two week vacation to Disney and Universal, can't wait!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Congrats on your graduation!!!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom