Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

itsy bitsy spider

A dirty restroom? You prob didnt like wom either. Energy was a little long for todays crowd, but the ride mechanism and dinosaurs were worth it if nothing else. Even if I hate Ellen.

World of Motion was awesome and personified what Epcot the park was meant to be. Edutainment has gone in the trash bin. Now we got over cartoony exteriors like The Seas building and ill placed IP's like Moana.

Sorry to hear you never got to appreciate the technical marvel that pavilion was. It's true beauty lay in the exterior structure design, ride system, and the absolutely impressive diorama.

Now, as for Ellen and Bill, 🤷‍♂️. It's what I grew up with and I thought it was fine.

Boring 45 minute ride, that had some of the worst animatronics.

Dragonman

World of Motion was awesome and personified what Epcot the park was meant to be. Edutainment has gone in the trash bin. Now we got over cartoony exteriors like The Seas building and ill placed IP's like Moana.

Boring 45 minute ride, that had some of the worst animatronics.
They degraded over time due to poor maintenance. They had much more movement in the early days. Similar to the fate of Universal’s JP ride.

TwilightZone

The more I think of and research YOUR Imagination the more it upsets me.
This attraction was underbudget, possibly rushed to fit the Millenium Celebration, cut plenty of effects (so far all I know of are the endless stairway and an interactive art gallery), cut Figment, cut an entire backstory out, had a (somewhat) interesting original story planned that would have been more interesting and fitting compared to the Imagination Institute (journey into a child's imagination).
And the worst part is even if it had the budget and time to do everything planned out it still would have not been a decent successor and still would have insulted guests by saying they had no imagination.
Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Poseidon Quest

This attraction was underbudget, possibly rushed to fit the Millenium Celebration, cut plenty of effects (so far all I know of are the endless stairway and an interactive art gallery), cut Figment, cut an entire backstory out, had a (somewhat) interesting original story planned that would have been more interesting and fitting compared to the Imagination Institute (journey into a child's imagination).

I thought the Imagination Institute played a large part in this attraction? It's been a while since I've watched a video, but I recall it tying directly into Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I believe it was a half-hearted attempt at IP synergy, which seemed to be the purpose for its existence.

Mickeynerd17

And the worst part is even if it had the budget and time to do everything planned out it still would have not been a decent successor and still would have insulted guests by saying they had no imagination.
Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office
Yep, that realization happened to me too.

As a matter of fact, everyone who's passionate on this thread has gone through the same process. That's why this thread exists and why we constantly desire a brighter future for this pavilion.

TwilightZone

I thought the Imagination Institute played a large part in this attraction? It's been a while since I've watched a video, but I recall it tying directly into Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I believe it was a half-hearted attempt at IP synergy, which seemed to be the purpose for its existence.
It did once they reached a conclusion on how it should have been themed. But the attraction was going to have a more expanded backstory in the queue videos, where guests would have met who made the imagination scanner (NOT Nigel Channing) and how it worked.

There were a couple ideas I found that were thrown around, but take all of these except for the above with a grain of salt:
Journey into a Child's Imagination
Journey into a Celebrity's Imagination (the main one thrown around being Micheal Jordan)
Indoor rollercoaster
Flubber: THE RIDE

Brer Panther

Update: I went on Figment twice on my most recent trip. Both times, there was a decent wait. The sound in the Sight Lab is working again. One of the screens just before the finale ("Imagination is a BLAST!") was apparently not working, because we could very clearly see into the unlit finale room. The second day, none of the screens were working at all.
Personally, I shudder to think of them re-interpreting the whole Imagination Pavilion into some new Figment-less IP funhouse.
Remember when they were drooling over the idea of replacing Figment with the emotions from Inside Out? Thank goodness Pete Docter rejected the idea.
They absolutely should be marketing retro themed merch.
Didn't they used to make a lot of Dreamfinder merchandise? Wonder why they stopped...

montyz81

The current iteration of this ride is a travesty
To describe it as a dumpster fire does it too much justice.
What is truly amazing is that the technology used for the rides in 1983 honestly seems to surpass the current iteration of the ride. Imagine if they used the Kylo Ren AA or Shaman AA on a Dreamfinder and Figment AA and strategically placed them in the current ride. It would move the ride up to 2010 and cost them next to nothing. The ride would already see more foot traffic just for those additions.

FigmentJedi

It did once they reached a conclusion on how it should have been themed. But the attraction was going to have a more expanded backstory in the queue videos, where guests would have met who made the imagination scanner (NOT Nigel Channing) and how it worked.

There were a couple ideas I found that were thrown around, but take all of these except for the above with a grain of salt:
Journey into a Child's Imagination
Journey into a Celebrity's Imagination (the main one thrown around being Micheal Jordan)
Indoor rollercoaster
Flubber: THE RIDE
I've also heard Wallace and Gromit: The Ride.

ppete1975

What is truly amazing is that the technology used for the rides in 1983 honestly seems to surpass the current iteration of the ride. Imagine if they used the Kylo Ren AA or Shaman AA on a Dreamfinder and Figment AA and strategically placed them in the current ride. It would move the ride up to 2010 and cost them next to nothing. The ride would already see more foot traffic just for those additions.
at this point id be ok with them adding the 50 year old animatronics from the three caballeros or splash

TwilightZone

That's the one area where you can be visiting with someone new and you avoid it like the plague because it makes you embarrassed to be a Disney Parks fan.
The theming of the Figment Imageworks really bogs it down. The theming of the original and even the 1999 version fit better for all ages, something about the Figment overlay just makes the experience feel more kiddy than it needs to be.

trainplane3

That's the one area where you can be visiting with someone new and you avoid it like the plague because it makes you embarrassed to be a Disney Parks fan.
Well.
Uh.
I met up with some friends while bringing two friends to WDW with me. The two I brought down went off to ImageWorks while I took the group up to the DVC lounge.
The ENTIRE time I was in the lounge (20 minutes), I received emails from those "Make a Figment" computers. I think they made 5 with various hilarious names. So they liked that part a lot and knew it would annoy me. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom