Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Is this the one that was hanging on the wall at mouse gear?
Looks like it has the same blue box on the right side (instead of the plaid bag), but the caps on the left side appear to me to be different colors (not that they couldn’t have replaced those at some point)
5801C7BC-DD2D-4CE7-A3C2-5C45A8F13E11.jpeg

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

They should have done that instead of demolish the other Communicore building in my opinion. :)
Totally agree! both Communicore East and West structures should have remained; gutted and simply put new venues inside.
The fountain of nations should have also remained with upgraded fountains that included water screens to project cool things onto.

DoleWhipDrea

They should have done that instead of demolish the other Communicore building in my opinion. :)

How about they just shouldn't destroy perfectly magnificent and useful buildings?

Of all the architecture to come from EPCOT Center, Imagination is my favorite. It would be even better if they could power wash it once in a while...but the glass pyramids are still a wonderous sight.

1637396272860.png

1637396203015.png

1637396111718.png

1637396143599.png

muddyrivers

How about they just shouldn't destroy perfectly magnificent and useful buildings?

Of all the architecture to come from EPCOT Center, Imagination is my favorite. It would be even better if they could power wash it once in a while...but the glass pyramids are still a wonderous sight.

View attachment 601899
This picture just screams 80s to me and I absolutely love it! Every time I see this shot it reminds me of what EPCOT Center must have been like when it opened (I wasn't born when the park opened)

DoleWhipDrea

2025 was the estimated year for changes last we heard anything.

Perhaps an update on the pending SSE refurbishment will come when Imagination's does 🤞

Due to the pandemic changing Disney's plans for EPCOT, there's a lot left to be desired (it was already missing a lot to begin with.) Whether the finished projects are labelled a success by Disney or not in 2023, I think they're going to feel that they have to do more. Success means more money and more guests that need to be satisfied, and the expansion being a flop would indicate that they have more to do.

Epic Universe is coming and is going to keep them on their toes.

The Rocketeer

I think a simple and temporary fix that would put a little life in the pavilion again while we continue to wait for a new attraction, which has to come eventually even if it's not what we want, would be to clean the pyramids, repaint the building to be pastel blues and purples (or, at the very least, move away from the Kodak colors as its been over 10 years since they sponsored the pavilion), and put a new show in the Magic Eye Theatre. I don't know why they haven't already, it's a cheap(er) way to put life into an existing building and it would be something fairly marketable, especially on park maps, bus ads, and the genie app, and would bring in more foot traffic towards that side of the park where guests can buy flavored popcorn and Figment merch.

Rodj

The Figment AA at the platform outside the touch and taste labs is so messed now. His left hand is stuck in the raised position completely now, and this started happening before they put the sweater on. Why would they put on the sweater without fixing this problem?

Haymarket2008

I think a simple and temporary fix that would put a little life in the pavilion again while we continue to wait for a new attraction, which has to come eventually even if it's not what we want, would be to clean the pyramids, repaint the building to be pastel blues and purples (or, at the very least, move away from the Kodak colors as its been over 10 years since they sponsored the pavilion), and put a new show in the Magic Eye Theatre. I don't know why they haven't already, it's a cheap(er) way to put life into an existing building and it would be something fairly marketable, especially on park maps, bus ads, and the genie app, and would bring in more foot traffic towards that side of the park where guests can buy flavored popcorn and Figment merch.

AGREED. I believe the “new Epcot” concept art had the pavilion back in its original coloring…

There’s nothing left up there. Nothing functional at least. Everything that did something has been removed, save for Dreamfinder’s Balloon Race (which has been partially dismantled as it is). All that remains are some bits of signage and carpet imprints.
Most of the stuff from the OG ImageWorks were moved to the Walt Disney Archives I believe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom