Fight over Disney fireworks show leaves woman suffering from a brain bleed. Happened on May 9th, finally was resolved.

flynnibus

Premium Member
One can ruin the other person's life by suing, winning and getting awarded their assets.

You can't be awarded someone's house where they live. Again.. people without much aren't valuable targets - only their insurance company is. Otherwise simple bankruptcy and you still get nothing. They hate things, but you're not getting blood from a stone.

Lilofan

You can't be awarded someone's house where they live. Again.. people without much aren't valuable targets - only their insurance company is. Otherwise simple bankruptcy and you still get nothing. They hate things, but you're not getting blood from a stone.
If you can't or won't pay , the plantiff can get a judgement against you. A judgement allow them to get a court order to seize your house or other property - assets .

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you can't or won't pay , the plantiff can get a judgement against you. A judgement allow them to get a court order to seize your house or other property - assets .

Look into what can be forced to forfeit … including in bankruptcy. You maybe suprised.

Spoiler- you can’t put someone on the street…

Collecting is the hardest part of any suit… and exactly why so many are written off as ‘not worth it’

asianway

Look into what can be forced to forfeit … including in bankruptcy. You maybe suprised.

Spoiler- you can’t put someone on the street…

Collecting is the hardest part of any suit… and exactly why so many are written off as ‘not worth it’
And even, if you could that doesn’t pay off the mortgage….

Goofyernmost

And they can afford expensive WDW , nice imagination.Are they still listening to The Doobie Bros on the 8 track player machine?
Never liked the Doobie Bros, but if you don't think that is happening then you do indeed need to be a little more observant of the current makeup of a whole lot of WDW guests. My point was that a lot of people who might be able to have a good enough credit rating and can get a credit card are not having a standard of living that your imagination is conjuring up. Most don't even own their domicile, they rent and if they pay their rent they can get that credit. Doesn't mean they can afford to pay it off. There is a huge difference between being able to come up with the money to do something than being able to actually afford to do it.

Lilofan

Never liked the Doobie Bros, but if you don't think that is happening then you do indeed need to be a little more observant of the current makeup of a whole lot of WDW guests. My point was that a lot of people who might be able to have a good enough credit rating and can get a credit card are not having a standard of living that your imagination is conjuring up. Most don't even own their domicile, they rent and if they pay their rent they can get that credit. Doesn't mean they can afford to pay it off. There is a huge difference between being able to come up with the money to do something than being able to actually afford to do it.
Part of the failure of educating the young on responsible financial mgt is lack of these learnings in school. The economy is promoting a slave to debt society through many forms to the residents to all age groups.

Goofyernmost

Part of the failure of educating the young on responsible financial mgt is lack of these learnings in school. The economy is promoting a slave to debt society through many forms to the residents to all age groups.
It always seems that you debate yourself. My description was true in a lot of cases but not all. It was used as a talking point the fact is that many people are in way over their heads and like you said, were never taught how to be responsible. The cost of living stretch's everything to it's limit and beyond. They take a chance and decide to use credit to finance a trip to WDW. They have no assets, they only have debt. Even if they have a little cash it isn't always the wisest move to spend it. I was never taught about that in school either and most aren't, but our parents should have had and do have a major roll in that training. Schools are not able to teach by example, parents are but either can't or don't. If they come from a classless background chances are that is how they will remain.

Last edited:

Lilofan

It always seems that you debate yourself. My description was true in a lot of cases but not all. It was used as a talking point the fact is that many people are in way over their heads and like you said, were never taught how to be responsible. The cost of living stretch's everything to it's limit and beyond. They take a chance and decide to use credit to finance a trip to WDW. They have no assets, they only have debt. Even if they have a little cash it isn't always the wisest move to spend it. I was never taught about that in school either and most aren't, but our parents should have had and do have a major roll in that training. Schools are not able to teach by being roll models, parents are, but either can't or don't. If they come for a classless background chances are that is how they will remain.
What a concept of having financial awareness classes in school to prep the young ones for life? I don't think its a new suggestion but probably falling on deaf ears.

G00fyDad

This is why I sit or stand where no one can get in front of me. Up against a railing or a planter wall or something. When I watch the parade I sit right on the edge of the street so no one will be able to sit in front of me. My favorite spot for parades at MK is right in front of Pecos Bill's on the small wall right there. They do not let people sit in the street so no one will be in front of me.

Lilofan

This is why I sit or stand where no one can get in front of me. Up against a railing or a planter wall or something. When I watch the parade I sit right on the edge of the street so no one will be able to sit in front of me. My favorite spot for parades at MK is right in front of Pecos Bill's on the small wall right there. They do not let people sit in the street so no one will be in front of me.
How soon do have to claim your spot? Not related but some families start staking their spot for fireworks viewing about 10 hours before NYE fireworks at Epcot in World Showcase.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I get what you’re saying. We are just in sue happy USA. While at WDW , watching TV in the hotel room, it seemed like lawsuit commercials were showing throughout the day ( ie Morgan&Morgan ).
Attorney advertisements seem to be 90% of the radio adds and billboards are everywhere. Dont know about local TV, dont watch it.

That being said, outside of Disney, any real money changing hands would likely be coming from an insurance carrier but that is unlikely as intentional acts are generally excluded from coverage.

bhg469

How soon do have to claim your spot? Not related but some families start staking their spot for fireworks viewing about 10 hours before NYE fireworks at Epcot in World Showcase.
When there were parades.. at least an hour in that exact spot. It is definitely the best spot in the park to watch any parade but it's not a secret and people will sit there long in advance.

Lilofan

Attorney advertisements seem to be 90% of the radio adds and billboards are everywhere. Dont know about local TV, dont watch it.

That being said, outside of Disney, any real money changing hands would likely be coming from an insurance carrier but that is unlikely as intentional acts are generally excluded from coverage.
The pain and suffering, lost wages , etc arguments surely will come into play by the lawyers representing the guest in the hospital being the victim of a the brain bleed assault.

The Mom

Premium Member
What a concept of having financial awareness classes in school to prep the young ones for life? I don't think its a new suggestion but probably falling on deaf ears.
An economics course was taught in my HS in the 60s. My parents only borrowed money for a house and saved up for every car they purchased. A credit card was just so you didn't have to carry a lot of cash around, and was paid off every month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom