fiance's first time

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
my fiance and i are going to wdw in nov, and it is his first time. i would like some suggestions on things i should make sure he sees (other than obvious attractions) or romantic couples areas or activities. thanks! renee

BG Rugger

Sorry for double posting, but Le Cellier (sp?) at EPCOT can be romantic as well for dinner. My girlfriend and I also enjoyed an evening at La Nouba and dancing at the The House of Blues at DTD.

beagle 1

I would recommend Shula's Steakhouse at the Swan and Dolphin for dinner and after dinner walk along the Boardwalk at night. At the end of the Boardwalk sit in the gazeebo (very quiet area) and watch the Epcot fireworks.

Since1976

My wife went to WDW for the first time on our honeymoon. It was my fourth trip.

Based on my experiences on that trip, I would recommend you start out by doing things that you've never done before. That way, you're both experiencing things for the first time. I'm sure it got pretty annoying for my new wife to hear me saying things like "Oh, this wasn't like this before," or "Oh, you have *got* to try this ride!" (It was quite a downer when a ride I had hyped up fell flat)

As it turned out, our trip to Universal (blasphemy!) turned out to be the most enjoyable for us, because neither of us had ever been there.

This year, we'll be trying Animal Kingdom for the first time...

Can't wait!

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
i know the obvious things are the must sees, i was looking for suggestions along the lines of what beagle said. areas to enjoy and things like that. since, you also brought up a good point about not talking too much, it's definately something i will have to keep an eye on! renee

DisneyFreak529

Make an RSVP for Dinner in the castle. My husband & I did this and it was so nice I loved it. It was my frist time and we had a lovely dinner. I felt like a princess.

Go to all the country and take your phone by something speacil in that country. Pretend like your on a trip around the world. Have dinner in Paris.

shmmrname

AK - Depending on if you like BBQ or not, the Flame Tree BBQ is never packed when I'm there, and you can eat by the water, watching the wildlife and E:E's construction.

MGM - The Villians-themed store is great. The shakes at 50's Primetime Cafe rock, as does just about all of the food there.

EPCOT - Restaurant Marrakesh is my favorite stop in all of WDW, well really really close to it anyways. The atmosphere inside the Mexico Pavillion is amazing, as is dining at the San Angel Inn. The food isn't the best, but the setting is.

MK - Aloha Isle, home of the Pineapple Float, enough said... The Main Street Bakery can make the parades even more enjoyable. And Adventureland/Frontierland/Mainstreet thrive at night, each just feel completely different in the dark.

When I went to WDW when I was little (5 or 6) all I kept was a few photos. Then I went again when I was in 11 and 13, and discovered how much fun and thrills were there. Now, I'm only 23, but I actually love EVERYTHING that it has to offer. Every trip brings EPCOT closer and closer to my heart, I love you World Showcase.
I just hope you can convert your Fiance quickly, as the sooner it happens, the less you'll have to keep wondering if they having fun. It sucks trying to gauge a persons feelings with every ride/shop/restaurant/attraction, and as soon as their love is confirmed, you can focus on just relaxing and having fun.

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
i have no doubt that hell be quickly converted! i just want to make sure we do romantic things as well as the other stuff, this is our first vacation together and we're recently engaged, and we're only going for five days, so i want to make sure that on top or the usual things, we have a lot of special "take it all in" and "wow, that was incredible" kind of moments. we have a great time together no matter what we're doing, i just want some ideas, especially due to the money we're spending when we have a wedding to pay for!

bgraham34

Obvious attractions being the big names. Rock and Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Space Mountatin, Mission Space, Test Track, and not too Mention Fear Factor, DOh just kidding on that one.

Scooter

When I saw the Thread title "Fiance's First Time" I was sooooo mentally going in another direction than Disney... :p

That being said, I think the one thing you don't want to miss with your significant other is Illuminations at EPCOT.

It's very romantic holding hands at watching this beautiful nighttime fireworks show.
It will be a moment you will both never forget.

SpenceMan01

I'll second Fantasmic. It is THE best show in all of WDW. It exemplifies the very essence of Disney (good vs. evil and good prevails).

I've also heard that carriage rides at Port Orleans Riverside are very romantic. Even if you're not staying there, you can take a bus over and do that if you want.

Also, with it being his first time. Let him lead and do what he wants. Don't overpower him ("OOh! We HAVE to do THIS"). Take things slowly and go at his pace. It will make it magical and special for him on his first trip.

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
excellent point. also good since i was just there in may, so it's not like i need to be in a rush to see stuff i haven't seen in years, or rush to see new stuff.

cheshiresmile

Original Poster
ps- scooter...i fugured there would be other people that would think that. i knew i wasn't the only one with my mind stuck in the gutter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom