News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t really understand why they aren’t wearing masks. I get you don’t want the Disney princesses and such wearing them for the “brand” but these aren’t iconic charecters. If you look at at Universal nearly all of the performers (singing or not) have masks on. Seems like something you can easily do to allow the entire show to be performed.
I would think doing aerials or tumbling with masks on might be tricky. Not only do they need to be able to breathe deeply and freely but the chances are high that the masks would fly off once they started.

JeffH

Masks? Vaccines are free and readily available (I've had both, no lines, no waiting), so why aren't all the cast members vaccinated?

nickys

Premium Member
I know this is off this discussion topic a bit, but does anyone know if Hoop Dee Doo will be back too?
At some point, yes. I think it was reported that the cast have been offered new contracts, so I imagine the show is being re-imagined for when they can open up the dining further.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

peter11435

Are you sure about this. I found this article that says in Florida employers can require vacination...

A private business can require employees to be vaccinated if they choose to do so.
Yes a private business legally can require their employers be vaccinated. However current union agreements at WDW prevent this

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's also a question whether a business can require a vaccine that is still under "emergency use."

But, Pfizer and Moderna have already applied for ordinary use (or whatever it's called) and will likely soon be given that designation.

Seems that a world-wide pandemic creates a lot of data points.

JohnD

I think you don't need to see them live to figure out if it's live singing or not. Even on video you can definitely tell it's live singing. Lots of adlibs in between.
The voice of the male lead (can’t remember his name) sounds exactly like the recorded voice. Yes, they’re all deep male baritones. But his voice sounded precisely like the recorded voice. I guess, he’s that good if live.

peter11435

The voice of the male lead (can’t remember his name) sounds exactly like the recorded voice. Yes, they’re all deep male baritones. But his voice sounded precisely like the recorded voice. I guess, he’s that good if live.
They are live. They don’t use canned vocals for the primary four. Even if one of them is missing for some reason they have contingencies with the others taking over their lines and vocals.

Sweet Thing

That particular vocalist still performs in the show regularly.

Last edited:

Sweet Thing

Seems quite similar. Same choreography and songs, I believe. Cut out some of the audience interaction, no tumble monkeys, and didn’t use the aerial trapeze? Did I miss anything else? Outside of the audience interaction changes, most of these seem due to cutting the budget, not enhancing safety. Still quite enjoyable :)
The only people missing are two animal performers and four tumble monkeys. I recognize that there are significant formation changes to ensure no one is passing another person. No touching, no handing off props to other performers, maintaining distance from other performers. Definitely all safety and not budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom