News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

MrConbon

I don’t really understand why they aren’t wearing masks. I get you don’t want the Disney princesses and such wearing them for the “brand” but these aren’t iconic charecters. If you look at at Universal nearly all of the performers (singing or not) have masks on. Seems like something you can easily do to allow the entire show to be performed.

mm52200

I don’t really understand why they aren’t wearing masks. I get you don’t want the Disney princesses and such wearing them for the “brand” but these aren’t iconic charecters. If you look at at Universal nearly all of the performers (singing or not) have masks on. Seems like something you can easily do to allow the entire show to be performed.
I understand character integrity reasons...but for some reason Disney has taken this stance that they don’t want any performers in masks. Not entirely sure why but that’s their position. So you end up with these awkward spaced out shows. I will say most of it works pretty naturally here for the most part.

JohnD

It’s a start. I’ll take it. At least they’re trying to follow as much of the show as possible. Although the Timon segment at the beginning is stilted with obviously cut dialogue referring to the Tumble Monkeys. Similarly during the music portion of Feel the Love, you just want the dancer flying. However, with a slight change in title you know what you’re getting going in. Let’s hope we can get back to the full show by the end of the year.

Parker in NYC

Finally someone understands the budget cut ideology behind shows like this. There's easily work arounds for stuff like this.

I remember arguing my butt off in regard to Indiana Jones but eventually gave up because it's "obviously" covid and only covid.

Things can be adjusted, just like the acts in this show, if Disney actually wanted to try/use their noggins/put forth a LITTLE effort.
COVID: The cost cutting blessing Disney’s needed for years. The public response? They’ll keep spending their millions there.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Showtimes are now listed on the website -

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 6.29.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 6.29.48 PM.png

Disney Analyst

Definitely wouldn’t catch me in there right now, with the amount of aerosols spreading about.

coolmark18

With the majority of the comments.

Show really misses the aerials and the fact the show is basically the same minus that plus monkeys makes it come across... odd. Same with the pre-recorded dialogue.
I think I would have preferred they went totally different with staging / dancing etc rather than the exact same show minus two of the most impressive acts.

mm52200

With the majority of the comments.

Show really misses the aerials and the fact the show is basically the same minus that plus monkeys makes it come across... odd. Same with the pre-recorded dialogue.
I think I would have preferred they went totally different with staging / dancing etc rather than the exact same show minus two of the most impressive acts.
I mean the goal is to give you the same show as before with modifications made for health and safety reasons with the cast. They weren’t recreating it from the ground up. It’s modified it’s “Celebration of” Festival of the Lion King.
They tried to change as little as they could, and yeah some of the line changes and splicing of audio is a little clunky but it is what it is given the circumstances.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Still processing to 4K, but here we are.

A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King

I saw another video earlier today and burst into tears seeing the bird dancers!

I live for the tumble monkeys and can't wait for them to be able to safely return. But I see that red bird dancer costume and I. AM. HOME. ❤️

FoTLK is tied with the dearly missed Aladdin at the Hyperion for fave park production ever! PURE JOY. ❤️

Rob562

The music and back-up harmonies are canned.

But there are four live singers.

And just to give a thorough answer, I believe in an emergency they can also cue up a recording for each of the main singers to lip-sync to prevent a show from being stopped/cancelled. (A mic dies mid-song, a singer's voice gives out right before showtime without an understudy available to go on, etc)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom