Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Elpahl76

How far out are the Parade and Firework FP+ offered? We are 27 days out and I still do not see them as an option when I go into MDE to make my FP+ selections.

sabbyxxo

They don't have to. During the run of Christmas parties, MVMCP parade only shows during the parties. The change will be during the week between Christmas-New Year's (when the MVMCP parade will replace FoF during the daytime)

Oh. So they're going to stick to the original? Good to know! Phew

TTA94

TDL does it again with a amazing, super cute and elaborate parade JUST for the Spring time! WDW will roll out a parade like this for Easter to right? Hahahaha

Last edited:

jrh1985

The Spring Trolley Show should be up and running, but, I have not seen any reports of it on here yet. Is it running? Is the Easter Pre Parade running one day or one week this year?
TDL does it again with a amazing, super cute and elaborate parade JUST for the Spring time! WDW will roll out a parade like this for Easter to right? Hahahaha

Kurt Hauk

Saw the parade this past Friday and loved it. Got a couple nice pictures that I will enjoy for years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 109

SpectroMan93

I've probably seen it over 100 times though YouTube and I still can't get enough. Hoping to be able to make a trip to Orlando next year to see it in person.

etwtec

Im curious, was the Peter Pan float originally intended to "rock" more? When I first heard about this float and it "rocking" I was thinking the ship would move more freely and faster lol.. or the front and back moving up and down. The way it is now you almost don't notice its moving.. Still a awesome float though!

As far as the 12 and 3:30 schedule Is this expected to continue past Easter? Or could there be a different schedule for the summer? And what about the 24 hour party?

SpectroMan93

Im curious, was the Peter Pan float originally intended to "rock" more? When I first heard about this float and it "rocking" I was thinking the ship would move more freely and faster lol.. or the front and back moving up and down. The way it is now you almost don't notice its moving.. Still a awesome float though!

As far as the 12 and 3:30 schedule Is this expected to continue past Easter? Or could there be a different schedule for the summer? And what about the 24 hour party?
Of all the kinetic elements in the parade, the rocking ship on the Peter Pan float seems to be having the most difficulty. I guess that a quick, mechanized swinging motion is harder to execute in real life, considering the weight of the ship above, the support of the rainbow below, and the safety of the performers. Still, even though it's not fast, it's cool to see the ship rock back and forth over a rainbow. And the cleverness of the design makes up for the lack of kinetics on the float.

MK has always run the day parade twice during the week of Easter, so I would assume it will be the same this time around. Scheduling for the summer and 24 hour party hasn't been announced. Though, other than the strobes on the last two floats, there is no evidence on the other floats that FOF could run at night.

TTA94

Of all the kinetic elements in the parade, the rocking ship on the Peter Pan float seems to be having the most difficulty. I guess that a quick, mechanized swinging motion is harder to execute in real life, considering the weight of the ship above, the support of the rainbow below, and the safety of the performers. Still, even though it's not fast, it's cool to see the ship rock back and forth over a rainbow. And the cleverness of the design makes up for the lack of kinetics on the float.

MK has always run the day parade twice during the week of Easter, so I would assume it will be the same this time around. Scheduling for the summer and 24 hour party hasn't been announced. Though, other than the strobes on the last two floats, there is no evidence on the other floats that FOF could run at night.

All of the floats have strobes. Maleficents eyes flash color. They added that stuff for some reason.

SpectroMan93

All of the floats have strobes. Maleficents eyes flash color. They added that stuff for some reason.
Oy, Maleficent's eyes completely slipped my mind. The strobes on the other floats must be much better hidden than they are in the finale unit. Maybe a nighttime version is still possible. Though, I hope the other floats have more than just strobes. Last thing Disney wants is a Festival of Seizures.

TTA94

Oy, Maleficent's eyes completely slipped my mind. The strobes on the other floats must be much better hidden than they are in the finale unit. Maybe a nighttime version is still possible. Though, I hope the other floats have more than just strobes. Last thing Disney wants is a Festival of Seizures.

Seeing the floats in person up close you can clearly see the strobes (Not turned on though). No other lighting is visable though.

RSoxNo1

I wonder if the issue is that the anchor swings in the same direction as the forward motion of the float while the Tangled float has the movement that runs perpendicular to the forward motion of the float.

SpectroMan93

I wonder if the issue is that the anchor swings in the same direction as the forward motion of the float while the Tangled float has the movement that runs perpendicular to the forward motion of the float.
Actually, the pendulums on the Tangled float, remarkably, are powered solely by the swing thugs.

Last edited:

Tip Top Club

They did a show in the rain today. The only things that didn't go out were the swan court dancers (feathers plus rain don't mix) and the inflatable Mime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom