Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

See more great designs:

The main floats:

Take a look how it's made:

It looks stunning! I am so excited for this long-awaited new parade with beautiful floats :D

-EnchantedMouse

TTA94

I also heard from a few that there will be no previews for CMs, etc.. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

@novawildcat18 You're right :)

@ISTCNavigator57 You really don't know anything about Disney & WDW.

WDW is about bringing the world together with all people and ALL cultures. The whole Disney industry is about magic across the globe. The Jungle Book, Alladin and many more movies to show that Disney ain't racist. I do not want to discuss about this '''dumb thing'' happening around here. No one is third-rate in WDW. I am disabled (I can't walk, celebral palsy) but I can FEEL the Magic and be part of the story just like a normal person.

Beautiful it is. Some people, though, need to ruin the magic to fulfill their needs. Just like the DAS, formely GAC-card. Who can wait in the waiting lines, please WAIT. So do I.

I rest my case.

- EnchantedMouse
What a gross generalization. I was being sarcastic but it is inherently absurd for people to claim they didn't realize Tiana is from a minority group. Disney explicitly marketed her as their first African American princess. I understand that Disney likes money and therefore embraced an untapped market at the time.

It's also no error that Sophia the First was originally announced as Disney's first Hispanic princess. If commenting on this makes me racist, we are all apparently giving thousands of dollars to a racist company. Go watch Song of the South or research Walt's views on race.

Excited for the parade.

Last edited:

novawildcat18

What a gross generalization. I was being sarcastic but it is inherently absurd for people to claim they didn't realize Tiana is from a minority group. Disney explicitly marketed her as their first African American princess. I understand that Disney likes money and therefore embraced an untapped market at the time.

It's also no error that Sophia the First was originally announced as Disney's first Hispanic princess. If commenting on this makes me racist, we are all apparently giving thousands of dollars to a racist company.

Excited for the parade.
I do agree with you, Disney definitely touted them as being minorities. I just know my first instinct wouldn't be "sure, they stuck the black Princess on the back of the float, how racist", like so many others are probably going to say.

ToTBellHop

I do agree with you, Disney definitely touted them as being minorities. I just know my first instinct wouldn't be "sure, they stuck the black Princess on the back of the float, how racist", like so many others are probably going to say.
I don't know that it is consciously racist so much as ironic.

I wish they would include Dr. Facilier personally.

It's also no error that Sophia the First was originally announced as Disney's first Hispanic princess. If commenting on this makes me racist, we are all apparently giving thousands of dollars to a racist company. Go watch Song of the South or research Walt's views on race.

Excited for the parade.

@ISTCNavigator57

You are absolutely right, therefore I am taking it all back :)
but I do agree with @novawildcat18, though. Many people are just stupid to think Tatiana, a Black Princess on the BACK of a paradefloat, is racist. I didn't know it had a sarcastic twist in it.

My excuses :(

- EnchantedMouse

ToTBellHop

It's also no error that Sophia the First was originally announced as Disney's first Hispanic princess. If commenting on this makes me racist, we are all apparently giving thousands of dollars to a racist company. Go watch Song of the South or research

Excited for the parade.
It really has a gorgeous and full sound. I love how it's modern, yet orchestral, and balances the two very well. Soundsational and HIH tend to sound a bit too modernized for me, so to hear the trumpet fanfares, violins, and this overall lush score is refreshing.
Are you describing SpectroMagic? :)

SpectroMan93

Are you describing SpectroMagic? :)
No Disney parade has measured up to the Spectro score for me, but from what's been released so far, this score definitely reminds me of it. The underlining melody is very catchy, which is really a key factor for parades. Sometimes the melody gets very repetitive and redundant in parades, and I don't think we'll be feeling that with FOF.

ToTBellHop

No Disney parade has measured up to the Spectro score for me, but from what's been released so far, this score definitely reminds me of it. The underlining melody is very catchy, which is really a key factor for parades. Sometimes the melody gets very repetitive and redundant in parades, and I don't think we'll be feeling that with FOF.
Agreed. I truly think this will be a spectacular (if long overdue) parade. Glad there is actually some real excitement coming to WDW over the next few months. Not just over-themed bathrooms.

aladdin2007

It really has a gorgeous and full sound. I love how it's modern, yet orchestral, and balances the two very well. Soundsational and HIH tend to sound a bit too modernized for me, so to hear the trumpet fanfares, violins, and this overall lush score is refreshing.

Sounds fantastic, can't wait to hear it. The MK will feel like it use to a little bit more. For me anyway.

FerretAfros

I'm wondering how they will handle some of the costumes and Mickeys air balloon on windy days? Mickey and Minnie may really "fly away" lol.
Perhaps they'll have alternate versions available. I know that the roller skating snowflakes in DL's Christmas parade occasionally don't have their snowflakes on windy days (just the white outfits without the backpacks). I would guess that the larger costumes are designed in a similar way

And I don't think that the balloon will be a big issue, since it's not *that* tall compared to various other parades (DL's Party Gras/WDW's 20th). Additionally, since the balloon itself is inflatable, its mass is negligible compared to the lower portion of the float, which act like an anchor on windy days. It's probably not stable enough for a hurricane, but normal "strong winds" shouldn't be a huge issue

TTA94

Besides Maleficent breathing smoke and fire "temporarily" lol, Will any other floats have special effects? I would love to see a similar smoke effect like the Mickey float in Spectro! That was my favorite effect when the smoke filled the street and blew onto the guests :).

SpectroMan93

The music reminds me of the Cantonese version of 'Fly With Me' from Flights of Fantasy.
Just took a listen on the YouTube, and whoa, there is quite a resemblance between the two. Granted it's definitely not an exact copy of the Flights of Fantasy show stop, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Hammond took some inspiration from it.

Fun fact: The Jonas Brothers wrote "Fly With Me", which was then adapted into the Cantonese version for Hong Kong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom