Feeling a little blah about food options...

HollyAD

Original Poster
My son and I are doing a 4 night trip this week and staying at Bay Lake Tower. As I look over the restaurant closures and reduced menus I am feeling a little blah about food options. We are not going to EPCOT but will visit the other three parks. So please share some of your recent food options that have been good at pandemic WDW, especially quick service. I have a Kona dinner reservation and Frontera Cocina (only because I want the avocado margarita!).

JohnD

A silver lining about early park closures is that there are restaurants in resorts and Disney Springs that you might otherwise not try because you would otherwise be in the parks in the evening. A good example is Sanaa. Great food and since AK closes early, Sanaa is right around the corner and you can view the animals too while dining.

HollyAD

Original Poster
A silver lining about early park closures is that there are restaurants in resorts and Disney Springs that you might otherwise not try because you would otherwise be in the parks in the evening. A good example is Sanaa. Great food and since AK closes early, Sanaa is right around the corner and you can view the animals too while dining.
Very true! I love Sanaa and I love the wine (Pinotage) at AKL. I may try to snag a reservation.

Disney4allseasons

Jungle Cruise Skippers' Canteen -- try the char siu pork, and ask for the off-the-menu shrimp-in-a-cup appetizer.
Skippers’ canteen is one of the best. The explorer theme and the ‘secret‘ room behind the bookcase are great and even with social distancing the staff will still be cracking those great jokes over from jungle cruise. The tastes like chicken because it is definitely good for less adventurous plus I love the quicksand cheesecake dessert. Should definitely try the pork but I won’t be ordering the grilled fish head any time soon.

UNCgolf

For quick service, go to Disney Springs and get Polite Pig. Pizza Ponte is very good too, although I'm not sure it's open right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom