Trip Report Feelin' hot, Hot, HOT!

How on earth are we back already! But, that's the way it always goes when you go on vacation - you're back before you even know it! We had a great trip with many new experiences, new foods and great, great memories! We had an interesting flight down, a more interesting flight back (details later!) and if you hadn't guessed, it was HOT!

I'm still getting my notes and photos organized, so I will update this TR soon, but wanted to share that the "G" Family has a new addition!! Prior to our trip, we had filled out an application at our local Humane Society to adopt a kitten. We received a call on the Friday we were getting packed up to leave that our application had been approved and that we could pick up the kitten any time that worked for us. I explained we were heading out of town for a week and asked if we could pick her up after we returned and they of course said not a problem. So now we had something fun to look forward to upon our return! When we got home this past Friday, we weren't even in the door 15 minutes and we drove over to the Humane Society to pick her up:happy: Meet Belle:inlove::inlove:

Belle 1.jpg

Belle 2.jpg

Belle 3.jpg

She is just the sweetest thing and is very loved in our home!

Be back soon! I see lots of TR's I need to catch up on too:)

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
Sunday, August 20th

Brian and I were up about 7:15 (which is early for me!) – I’m sure it was the excitement of being there! We got up and got ready to head over to Magic Kingdom. We knew it would take a bit to get there due to the long wait at the bus stop and of course the longer trip on the bus to get there. Emily was up quite quickly too. We got to the park about 9:00, so we just missed the opening ceremony, but that’s okay - this is all I wanted to see anyway:inlove:

Castle.jpg

We came across the Mayor on our walk down Main Street! In all my trips I've never seen him out:jawdrop:

Mayor.jpg

Some photos while walking down Main Street!

Main Street Back.jpg

Caseys.jpg

So pretty!

Horse.jpg

Horse 1.jpg

Castle Fount.jpg

Off to Haunted Mansion!

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
We walked right on:)
HM.jpg

HM 1.jpg

Emily was trying to mimic the characters to her left - Brian was - excited I guess:joyfull:

HM 2.jpg

HM 3.jpg

HM 4.jpg

HM 5.jpg

I tried taking some inside, but of course they didn't turn out. No surprise for me!

We needed a quick potty break so we went to some of the greatest bathrooms on WDW property!

Tangled 5.jpg

Tangled.jpg

Tangled 1.jpg

Tangled 2.jpg

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
Just a couple more Tangled photos!

Tangled 3.jpg

Tangled 4.jpg

While we were walking to HM, we spotted Sleepy Hallow and I had remembered reading on WDWMagic that they had delicious waffle sandwiches, so we headed there next. Emily wanted fruit for breakfast so she stopped at the Liberty Square Market and picked up some grapes and Diet Coke:confused: Look at all of those waffle makers (there's even more in front of the guy making the waffles)!

Sleepy Hallow.jpg

Brian had the egg, ham and cheese waffle

Sleepy Hallow 1.jpg

I had the fruit with Nutella waffle.

Sleepy Hallow 2.jpg

Both were so delicious! The fruit and Nutella was especially good – I would definitely get that again! As a matter of fact, I wanted one so bad this past weekend, I made one at home! It's no Sleepy Hallow waffle, but Lego my Eggo was just as good (not a banana fan - I wish I were though!)!

Nutella.jpg

Yep - we're here!

Sleepy Hallow 3.jpg

Emily's very hearty breakfast...

Sleepy Hallow 4.jpg

After breakfast, we strolled over to Adventureland to ride Pirates.

Nope, not this trip!

HOP.jpg

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
Such a pretty tree.

Liberty Square.jpg

Liberty Square 1.jpg

Before Pirates, we did something we hadn't done in a long time, by Emily's request:

Swiss Family.jpg

While I enjoy this attraction, it really isn't so much fun in 90+ degree heat and humidity, but we did it anyway! At least I got points on my fitbit for going up stairs:)

Swiss Family 1.jpg

Swiss Family 2.jpg

Lovely view:inlove:

Swiss Family 3.jpg

Swiss Family 4.jpg

Swiss Family 5.jpg

Then we walked to Pirates!

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
I never noticed this view before! The details I tell ya!

Tiki Room 2.jpg

Tiki Room 3.jpg

Tiki Room 4.jpg

Tiki Room 5.jpg

Tiki Room 6.jpg

Tiki Room 7.jpg

Tiki Room 8.jpg

I love that they went back to the original - I hated the Under New Management version! We saw it once and then didn't go back until they changed it back:)

Finally our FP was up for Big Thunder! We wanted to time it so it ended and our next one at Splash began, so we started our walk toward Frontierland and saw this guy out having some fun.

Country Bear.jpg

Looking at his face with the big grin and looking like he's laughing, I have to wonder with the heat of the day if the poor CM inside that costume was probably feeling more like :mad::depressed::grumpy: I had a tank top and shorts on and I was sweating terribly, I can't even imagine how they do it!

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
Did we have a "wild" time on Thunder? I think so:joyfull::joyfull: They don't call it the wildest ride in the wilderness for nothin!

Thunder.jpg

Thunder 1.jpg

Thunder 2.jpg

Thunder 3.jpg

Thunder 4.jpg

Thunder 5.jpg

Thunder 6.jpg

I wonder when they'll start doing ride photos for Thunder? I would think it would be more of a fun photo than Pirates.

Time for Splash and we were ready for a cool down....but did we even get wet??

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
The FP line was a little backed up, but not too bad - I think it was about a 15 minute wait, but most of it was in the air conditioned part, so we didn't mind!

Splash.jpg

Splash 1.jpg

Splash 2.jpg

Splash 3.jpg

Splash 4.jpg

Splash Mountain.jpeg

Nope, we hardly got wet:grumpy: Oh well! But the lady in the photo with her head down, Brian said she was freaking out (like hyperventilating) the entire ride - he felt so bad for her! We saw her afterwards, and she seemed to be doing better, but my goodness!

After Splash we made our way over to Fantasyland as we wanted to go into Mickey’s Philharmagic. We stopped in Memento Mori to shop. We had never been in here - it's small, but such a cute shop!

Memento Mori.jpg

Memento Mori 1.jpg

Memento Mori 2.jpg

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
I ended up buying a Haunted Mansion tank top, which I just love!! (not my photos, just ones taken off the Disney Store website)

Tank Top.jpg

tank top 1.jpg

We made our way over to Philharmagic.

Philhar.jpg

Since it was so hot, the theater was actually quite packed and when we got in line, we were actually outside – which has never happened before! I think everyone was just looking for a cool spot to go! But we made our way into a pretty full theater without much of a wait.

Philhar 1.jpg

Philhar 2.jpg

Philhar 3.jpg

Philhar 4.jpg

Of course, you get those guests who, even though they are told to go all the way to the end of the row, stop right in the middle! That happened in our row and since the show was packed, there were a lot of people wanting to get into the row. At one point the family got up and moved a little bit further down, but not all the way down – how rude (in my best Stephanie Tanner voice!) Great show as always – but it seemed a little blurry in some spots? Emily mentioned the same thing to me, so it wasn’t just me. Not sure if anyone has noticed this lately? Maybe we both just need our vision checked which could actually be a possibility!

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
By now we have used up two of the three of our FP that we made prior to our trip. We still had the “3” that we were given because of my Magic Band not working, so we figured we’d give an attraction we've never done before a try and see once we scanned our Magic Band if we had none left or if we each had 2 left. After we scanned, we each had two left! Great!! Where do we go?

Belle 5.jpg

Enchanted Tales was really, really sweet! The kids that helped Belle were so cute! I’m glad we had done the attraction as we had never done it before and it really was quite fun.

Belle.jpg

Belle 1.jpg

Belle 3.jpg

Belle 4.jpg

It was finally our lunch reservation at Be Our Guest! We had pre-ordered our food that morning hoping that it would help us not to have to stand in line to order and it did! The line to order food, was out the door and went to the right in the castle and we went to the left where there was no line – turned in our yellow rose pager and off to find a seat in a matter of a few minutes!

BOG.jpg

Emily wanted to try to eat in the West Wing, but all of the tables were full and it is a pretty small room, so we ended up in the Ballroom again, which is just fine as it is pretty in there too. We did get a picture of the rose in the West Wing, so Emily was happy with that.

BOG 1.jpg

Not the greatest picture, but it'll do!

BOG 2.jpg

BOG 3.jpg

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
It only took about 10 minutes and our food was delivered to the table. How they find your table without having a server out to take your order is beyond me! But we got what we ordered that morning! Emily and I split the turkey sandwich

BOG 5.jpg

Brian had the roast beef sandwich

BOG 4.jpg

We split the French onion soup (not the greatest picture, the lighting is hard in here!). Oh my goodness, this soup is so good! :hungry:

BOG 6.jpg

For dessert we shared a Master’s Cupcake

BOG 7.jpg

Everything was absolutely delicious!! The roast beef sandwich could have been a tad warmer, but everything else was a perfect temperature. The cupcake was:hungry::hungry: whoa yum.

A few more BOG photos on our way out:

BOG 8.jpg

BOG 9.jpg

BOG 10.jpg

We enjoyed our lunch here. We had lunch there the last time we were in WDW and we weren't all that impressed, but wanted to give it another shot. So glad we did!

gdisneyfans

Original Poster
Never saw the Mayor except during the old Welcome show.

Never knew about the waffles! They look great.

I love Emily's hidden Mickey. :D
okay good, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

OMG they are so so good! The one I made at home was pretty tasty and will definitely work as a treat until our next trip, whenever that may be!

So hard to spot, huh!

amjt660

Premium Member
Of course, you get those guests who, even though they are told to go all the way to the end of the row, stop right in the middle! That happened in our row and since the show was packed, there were a lot of people wanting to get into the row. At one point the family got up and moved a little bit further down, but not all the way down – how rude (in my best Stephanie Tanner voice!)

upload_2017-9-13_18-24-26.png

Full House shout out!!!

Max

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm so glad you all climbed up the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. Granted, no a/c (and believe me, I hate the heat), but I always enjoy going up to the top. I love the older attractions like that one. Also, when I was a kid, we had to read the book in school, and it was one of my favorite books. Enjoyed the movie as well. :)

riverside

I'm so glad you all climbed up the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. Granted, no a/c (and believe me, I hate the heat), but I always enjoy going up to the top. I love the older attractions like that one. Also, when I was a kid, we had to read the book in school, and it was one of my favorite books. Enjoyed the movie as well. :)
A few years ago I tried to go through it for the first time. I'm so afraid of heights & totally panicked halfway up & had to embarrass myself by walking back down into oncoming traffic. I wish I could get over my fear of heights bc I would love to see it. I really appreciate the older attractions too.

slipperalwaysfits

Following along! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! It's always a sweet treat when an extra fast pass is loaded! Especially since you each got three for the family! :p I put a reminder for a Sleepy Hollow Fruit Waffle in my phone! I love the coffee at Sleepy Hollow!

Courtney6682

Aaahhh! We were at the MK that day too!! It was crazy hot wasn't it?!

I've never tried to fruit and nutella waffle...but now I want to lol!!!

Love the HM tank you bought!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom