Feel Good Story Time!

Missing_Aria

Original Poster
The thing I love about Disney the most is that feeling of wonder and magic that the whole environment has. Of course I know that's not really Belle but I can immerse my brain in the fantasy enough that part of me truly feels it. I also firmly believe that it's a state of mind and its up to each of us to keep that feeling alive, if only by waving back to that kid on the train.

SO, in the spirit of Disney, before my last trip I bought an official Disney pin. Not just any pin, Jiminy's conscience pin. It was my goal to keep an eye out on my trip and find some kid who seemed to really be feeling the spirit and showing it in some kind of good will even if it was just an older sib helping out mom and dad with the younger sibs. So I wore the pin on my purse all week and ya'll that thing is huge and spiky as all heck seriously. By day 6 I was thinking this whole idea wasn't going to float. Maybe I'm just a harsh critic because of how my mother raised me but no one really seemed to fit anywhere close to the bill.

So my gf and I went on Living with the Land and afterwards we were waiting to talk to the lady behind the desk about possibly doing one of the behind the scenes tours (one of my GIA teachers told me he used lead them so I was interested). In front of us was this little boy, maybe 5, with his parents. The little boy wanted to know how he could get one of the turtle button pins he saw on display and the lady very nicely told him it was free to people who donated at least $1 to help with their conservation efforts. This little boy legit pulls out every dollar bill and coin he has and hands them all to the lady. Even after she told him he didn't need to give that much and showed him how much of the money was actually required he still told her to take it all.

So I quietly tapped the boy's mom on the shoulder and explained to her about the conscience pin I had and told her I'd like to give it to her son if it would be alright with her and her husband. She agreed and I gave the little boy the pin and explained that I'd waited my whole trip to find someone as sweet and kind as him and how great it was that he was willing to give up every last penny he had to get this button to help the animals. His parents were shocked that it had taken that long to see someone doing something deserving of the pin.

I wish I could do this more but I had to special order this pin for my next trip because they don't make the conscience pins anymore I guess. I'll figure something else out for future trips I guess. :)

So what feel good stories do you guys have?! <3

LUVofDIS

The wife and I will do a Fantasmic Dinner package once or twice per trip. On our trip last December we did two of these dinner packages, The Brown Derby and Hollywood and Vine. The Hollywood and Vine was to be the second show we were doing.

While we were walking to go into the show we stopped so that my wife could make a phone call. I noticed this couple waiting in the stand-by line while I waited for my wife, they were talking about it being their first time and how excited it was going to be to finally see Fantasmic.

The stand-by line was long and I knew the show would be full and where they were standing they probably wouldn't have the best seat. So I told my wife when she finished her phone call about this couple and how excited they were. We decided to give them our tickets and let them have a little better seat. At first I don't think they trusted us and thought that we were giving them fake passes, I just told them that we were tired and we were going to go back to our room and didn't want to waste them. They took them finally and thanked us many times. It felt really good to us to have done this. I know it isn't much but it was cool to see how excited they were. We ended going to Baseline for, and don't judge, their Hard Cider.

We have also brought glow necklaces and other glow stuff and gave them to kids during parades and fireworks. That was my wife's idea.

The only other thing we have done which may be eye brow raising, A few years ago we bought a popcorn bucket two days before we were leaving and on the last day we gave it to a family so that they only had to pay for refills.

Missing_Aria

Original Poster
The wife and I will do a Fantasmic Dinner package once or twice per trip. On our trip last December we did two of these dinner packages, The Brown Derby and Hollywood and Vine. The Hollywood and Vine was to be the second show we were doing.

While we were walking to go into the show we stopped so that my wife could make a phone call. I noticed this couple waiting in the stand-by line while I waited for my wife, they were talking about it being their first time and how excited it was going to be to finally see Fantasmic.

The stand-by line was long and I knew the show would be full and where they were standing they probably wouldn't have the best seat. So I told my wife when she finished her phone call about this couple and how excited they were. We decided to give them our tickets and let them have a little better seat. At first I don't think they trusted us and thought that we were giving them fake passes, I just told them that we were tired and we were going to go back to our room and didn't want to waste them. They took them finally and thanked us many times. It felt really good to us to have done this. I know it isn't much but it was cool to see how excited they were. We ended going to Baseline for, and don't judge, their Hard Cider.

We have also brought glow necklaces and other glow stuff and gave them to kids during parades and fireworks. That was my wife's idea.

The only other thing we have done which may be eye brow raising, A few years ago we bought a popcorn bucket two days before we were leaving and on the last day we gave it to a family so that they only had to pay for refills.

I would NEVER judge for hard cider. I mean I make my own which is about as yuppy as it gets so I can't judge but that's beside the point!

That's insanely sweet though! I love stuff like that because it reminds me of that commercial for Disney World where the lady behind the counter has secret fairy powers and magically gets them extra things for their trip. Ya'll were literally that couple's fairy godmothers! <3

KBLovedDisney

We were on the reciprocating end of kindness in this story. Just a quick preface: This was before electronic FastPasses and when Test Track was still 1.0. Anyways, my mother and I were walking into Epcot and this couple came right up to us and asked us if we were going into the park for the day. We said yes. They handed us their TT FastPasses. Very very sweet and made our day!

disneyspirit

A couple of years ago we had dinner at Le Cellier for the first time. We got poutine, steaks, a whole nice dinner. The couple next to us reached dessert before we did and I caught a glimpse of the chocolate mousse in the shape of a moose, very cute! I thought I was being discreet trying to point it out to my husband but the other couple noticed. The wife said We're leaving tonight, we can't use our dining points, would you like us to pay for your dinner? Wait, what? Only after they assured me that they were not going to be able to use their points before leaving for home did we agree. How nice was that, we got dinner for the price of the tip and whatever else wasn't covered.

Missing_Aria

Original Poster
A couple of years ago we had dinner at Le Cellier for the first time. We got poutine, steaks, a whole nice dinner. The couple next to us reached dessert before we did and I caught a glimpse of the chocolate mousse in the shape of a moose, very cute! I thought I was being discreet trying to point it out to my husband but the other couple noticed. The wife said We're leaving tonight, we can't use our dining points, would you like us to pay for your dinner? Wait, what? Only after they assured me that they were not going to be able to use their points before leaving for home did we agree. How nice was that, we got dinner for the price of the tip and whatever else wasn't covered.

That's actually a great idea. My gf and I are going to have the dining plan for the first time ever this time around and I think I have a good gameplan for point use. But if I end up not planning well enough to use them all up I'm definitely stealing this idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom