Feedback on Disney's Coronado Springs Resort?

FrostyNaples

20151023_122356.jpg
20151023_122511.jpg
20151023_122540.jpg
20151023_122549.jpg
20151023_122842.jpg
20151023_123022.jpg
20151023_123646.jpg
20151023_123710.jpg
20151023_125913.jpg
20151024_100709.jpg
20151023_122356.jpg
20151023_122511.jpg
20151023_122540.jpg
It's an excellent resort. Stayed there this past December for the first time, will certainly go back.

Last edited:

WDWVolFan

The hotel is GREAT.
Stayed there last year and we had a blast!
If you ask to book a room in the buildings served by Bus Stop 2, that is best. It's kinda in the middle between the main building and the pool but Stop 2 is actually the first stop in the Bus Route so you get picked up and dropped off first.
Rooms are nice, not anything special.
Food court and restaurants are very good and the swimming pool is awesome for kids with the water slide and the bar serves food (dining plan accepted) and the drinks are good too.

yaksplat

I think the pepper market is one of the best places to eat in all of the resorts. They have everything and you can get large pizzas. The key with the Coronado is that it is quite spread out, so try to get a room near the main building. I agree with the poster above, you want to be the first on the bus. There's nothing worse than a full bus showing up at the last stop.

sophie_the_pooh

Great hotel! We stayed there last September and had a great time. We stayed in the Cabanas section, close to the main building and the Dig site. Cast members were very nice and helpful, bus service was fine. We loved the food court, a lot of good options, and really enjoyed the pool. My 4 year old son wouldn't get off the slide! Best part of his vacation!

SAV

Stayed there last trip and LOVED it. We were in Cabanas 8B, if I remember correctly and we were between El Centro and the Dig Site pool. Loved having the ceiling fan and the sliding divider between the room and the bath area. The grounds are absolutely Beautiful at night. It makes you feel like you are in Mexico. We loved the Dig Site pool as well when we spent the day at the resort. It was also nice to have the quiet pool just steps away for a quick dip when we got home from the parks. We had a rental car, so I can't speak to the bus service overall, but the one morning my wife and daughter took the bus to DHS because they weren't ready in time to make RD(had to sign son up for Jedi Training) and they didn't wait long and had plenty of room on the bus.

SAV

Posted this in your other thread as well:

Stayed there last trip and LOVED it. We were in Cabanas 8B, if I remember correctly and we were between El Centro and the Dig Site pool. Loved having the ceiling fan and the sliding divider between the room and the bath area. The grounds are absolutely Beautiful at night. It makes you feel like you are in Mexico. We loved the Dig Site pool as well when we spent the day at the resort. It was also nice to have the quiet pool just steps away for a quick dip when we got home from the parks. We had a rental car, so I can't speak to the bus service overall, but the one morning my wife and daughter took the bus to DHS because they weren't ready in time to make RD(had to sign son up for Jedi Training) and they didn't wait long and had plenty of room on the bus.

Epcotfan21

We just stayed their for the first time last weekend and enjoyed it. Our room was in Ranchos 7A and it was quiet and close to bus stop 3.

Room was clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. Normally we stay at the Epcot resorts, but would stay at Coronado again if we had to.

Jahona

I've stayed at CSR twice in the past few years. It's my favorite so far of all of the moderate resorts. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms were nicely decorated. @FrostyNaples posted some awesome photos of the resort.

Bus transportation to the parks is decent. The bus travels around the outer ring of the resort and makes stops at the themed locations. Magic Kingdom is the longest ride but never really made to much of a difference.

The food at the resort is good. The food court, Pepper Market, has your standard fair and a bit of southwestern choices to match the hotel. Cafe Rix is a good place to go and grab a snack and fill your resort cup, if you get one. The soda taps when I visited were always available. Rix Lounge is usually bustling with conventioneers at night in for a drink. It's an adult only bar during the evenings. The Mayan Grill is the resorts table service restaurant. The one time I visited I thought the food was great.

The main resort pool sits in the shadow of the Mayan pyramid. It's cascading waterfall pours into the pool and can be seen from across the lake. The hot tub is the largest on property. To the right side of the pool is the entrance to the water slide. To the left side of the pool is the beach volleyball court, outdoor bar, arcade, and a small playground.

MickeyMomV

Stayed there for the second time last February for 11 days and loved it. Beautiful resort with a great atmosphere. First time we stayed we were in the front side Casitas building 5 and loved it. Second time we were in the back side of Rancho building 7A, man that is a long walk to El Centro!!! I recommend making a building request or paying for a preferred room. We would have no issues going back!

Chrononymous

Stayed there a few times in the past, and just visited again this past week. And while we didn't stay there this time around, it really is one of my favorite resorts.

I love the food at the Pepper Market, and the pool area is one of the coolest of the moderates
.Just wish everything wasn't so spread out. It's a lot of walking!

SteamboatJoe

I just honeymooned there this past November and loved it. My wife and I were in Cabana 9B which contains the business class rooms. These rooms have access to a business lounge room that offers free breakfast every morning and free snacks and drinks (including alcohol) every evening. We ate breakfast there every morning. They don't offer a ton of options as it is mostly a self-serve continental breakfast type of setup (coffee, yogurt, fruit, cereal, muffins, etc) but it got the job done and the price was right. The lounge also has TVs to watch while you eat. We were gone most evenings but did get a nice, free adult beverage there our first night and enjoyed them while walking the grounds and swinging in the beach hammocks.

The people working the lounge were also fantastic when my wife and I both got sick during the honeymoon with what we suspect was a virus picked up while traveling. Thankfully we didn't get sick at the same time. When my wife went down one evening to see if they had anything that someone with upset stomach (me) could keep down, the guy working it went in the back and grabbed a whole bunch of juice, 7-Up, cereal, and fruit from the kitchen and gave it to her. My wife practically cried telling me the story when she came back to the room because they seemed to have genuinely cared about our situation and were so nice and understanding.

Cabana 9B is also about as close to a bus stop and El Centro (the main building with check-in, gift shop, and restaurants) as you can get. The bus stop is great in the morning as it is the last of the 4 Coronado Springs bus stops to be picked up before the bus heads directly to the park (I don't believe that is true for the water parks though, I think they may run in reverse order). While this sometimes means you end up standing on the busier days, if you time it right (go first thing in the morning, or late morning/early afternoon) or are willing to wait for next bus, you can still manage to get a seat. The only drawback is coming back the buses run the stops in the same order which means you are typically the last to get off.

Wanting to see the other resorts is the only reason I wouldn't go back to Coronado Springs.

Buzz2001

Great pictures!

CSR has been our favorite resort since 1998. Many changes have occurred over the years but we love the business class rooms with access to the lounge. The bus service is very good and the resort is centrally located with short bus rides to the parks. The main pool area is one of the best with the second longest slide and largest hot tub on property.

MiamiMatt01

Have stayed at CSR several times and have always enjoyed it. Beautiful grounds, nice rooms for a moderate, and a really fun pool.

Unfortunately couldn't get a room there on our last stay and had to stay at Caribbean Beach. Hands down, Coronado is the superior resort.

danyoung56

I've been lucky enough to stay multiple times at all of the moderates, and the CSR is by far my favorite. The room buildings are beautifully laid out around the 15 acre Lago Dorado Lagoon. This is a convention hotel, but the conventioneers have their own section and don't impact the regular guests much. My next stay there is in about 5 weeks - can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom