February 2016 WDW Trip

ATLLena

Original Poster
Our family is planning a Disney World trip Feb 21-27, 2016, and I am a little confused by different weather comments. I know weather is very unpredictable, but I read some people's posts that say that it is rainy and cold most of the time and some say that it is only chilly in the mornings and evenings and pretty mild, warm during the day. We always travel to Disney in April or May. We have never been to Florida in winter, so I have no knowledge of the average February weather conditions in Orlando area. Could you give me some suggestions from personal experience on what clothing to pack? I read that some even pack down feather jackets :) Does it get that bad? Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It can be all of the above.The temperatures can range from the low 30's to the mid 80's. The average is around 64-65. Rain chance goes from possible to probable when it is warmer.

The best thing you can do is check the 7 day forecast for Bay Lake Florida the day before you leave and pack according to it.

ATLLena

Original Poster
It can be all of the above.The temperatures can range from the low 30's to the mid 80's. The average is around 64-65. Rain chance goes from possible to probable when it is warmer.

The best thing you can do is check the 7 day forecast for Bay Lake Florida the day before you leave and pack according to it.

Thank you! Will definitely watch weather forecast before we go. I usually like to plan way ahead of time:) Try to find out beforehand what to expect.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you! Will definitely watch weather forecast before we go. I usually like to plan way ahead of time:) Try to find out beforehand what to expect.
"Ahead of time" and "Florida weather" are two things that just don't do together. Even that last 4-5 days of a 7 day forecast are just slightly better than a guess. I know it is not the answer you want, but just hold tight and wait for 2/20/2016 to roll around.

ATLLena

Original Poster
"Ahead of time" and "Florida weather" are two things that just don't do together. Even that last 4-5 days of a 7 day forecast are just slightly better than a guess. I know it is not the answer you want, but just hold tight and wait for 2/20/2016 to roll around.

Thanks. Will do :)

patch553

We have the weather app location set on Orlando and keep a casual eye on it leading up to our holiday just to have some kinda idea what the expect and pack accordingly

Laurichi

we'll be there exactly from feb21 to feb27th and i was planning on bringing short-sleeved ts-shirts and shorts mmm maybe i need to rethink that?

Nemo14

We've vacationed in Fl every February for the past 15 or so years and have encountered a huge variety in the weather. I generally dress in layers so I'm comfortable in the early mornings, then shed clothes as the day warms up. Most evenings a sweater or light jacket is enough, although last winter we had a cold snap where there were freeze warnings for 2 or 3 nights in a row.

Laurichi

Wow so definitely a bit of eveything...
should i bring short sleeves forthe kids orjust go with long sleeves??
Thanks!

Laurichi

Thanks i need to plan in advance as i have three little kids and it is a 9- hour flight!
Will bring a bit of each i reckon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom