February 2-7 - Why so booked?!

Dreamit.Doit

Original Poster
I’m going to be heading to Disney between January 25 and February 6 or 7 (2020). I can find hotels for the first half of the trip, but there are only a handful of delux resorts available between Feb 2 and 6/7.

Any idea why things are so busy that week... should I avoid even going that week?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I’m going to be heading to Disney between January 25 and February 6 or 7 (2020). I can find hotels for the first half of the trip, but there are only a handful of delux resorts available between Feb 2 and 6/7.

Any idea why things are so busy that week... should I avoid even going that week?
I’ll be down there for my birthday, so that’s probably the reason, or it’s likely the result of Cheer week. Where are staying?

Last edited:

stratman50th

Anybody know when the Daytona race is? We went several times and stayed at Disney so the rest of the family had something to do. There were a lot of people taking the race shuttle from the resorts to Daytona. Just a thought.

Cmdr_Crimson

February 2 is the Super Bowl, as well.
Super Bowl is in Miami so it's good for business for South Florida and Disney if the thousands visit after the game.

Having gone to the resort 10 years around this time...It's Not just because of the Super Bowl....The Tour Groups are In Effect for one and take over the Value Resorts...BUT, There is also a thing called Cheerleaders....And they have Competitions at ESPNWWOS...So, it's common that familes of the groups or schools come during this time....Here are the dates of said Events....
National Dance Team Championship (UDA)
Client Event
January 31 – February 2, 2020

National High School Cheerleading Championship (UCA)
Client Event
February 7 – February 9, 2020

Hence why it's booked.......This is why I book a year out due to this Nonsense..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom