Pre-Trip Feb 2020 adults only trip!

A little about us: We are Cdn and we go south each winter for a week. We have a DS7 who comes with us every other year and 2020 is our adults only year after doing a cruise in 2019 with our son. For our adults only trip in 2020, my DH and I decided to go to WDW!! 🎆🎆

Our last trip to WDW was in 2017 with our son and we plan to return for our next family trip in 2022 to celebrate my 50th and DS's 10th birthdays 🍾🎂

DH and I last went in 2009 before we had children because he had never been and I told him I was worried taking kids would ruin Disney for me, lol.
DSC_1737.jpg

As it turns out, taking our son in 2017 was more amazing than I could have imagined - it was the perfect age (2 weeks before he turned 5) because he was old enough to do most things and really appreciate the wonder of WDW but young enough to believe in all the magic (exiting Star Tours, he asked the CM with complete wonder in his eyes - did we really just go into outer space?!?). But I am so excited to be going back with just DH to do the adult side of Disney again!

AK_TREEBACK_20170212_397696441402.jpeg

We plan to go for 8 nights with 7 day park hoppers and stay at one of the value resorts. We will likely get the QS dining plan to allow for full flexibility while we are there.

We love Epcot and want to take lots of time to really explore it while enjoying the food and drinks there. Other plans:
  • KTTK TOUR!!!! I am the most excited about this - I have always wanted to do it and this is a great chance since we won't have our son this trip
  • Behind the scenes tour of some kind at AK - I am on the fence about doing the one with the elephants or if we should do the rhinos
  • Late night park exploring and shows (hoping for some evening EMHs)
When were there last time, it was all about getting up early and hitting the parks, afternoon breaks when needed, and early to bed. This time, I expect some late mornings, good use of FP in the afternoons, and late evenings exploring the parks after dark. We love all the entertainment at Epcot and AK so we'll spend extra time in each of those parks in order to see as much as possible.

I can't talk about the trip much IRL because I don't want to be in my son's face about it and make him feel left out so here is where I will do my planning, thinking out loud, and wishful thinking along with talking through my excitement!!! I can't wait for Feb 2020!!!!!

IMG_0309.jpg IMG_0367.jpg IMG_0370.jpg IMG_0640.jpg IMG_0703.jpg IMG_0960.jpg

Last edited:

mollygirl21

Original Poster
I just read that they are working on a new Cirque du Soleil show! This will definitely be added to our list of "must-do's" for this trip but I may try to keep it surprise for DH - he is a huge fan. His first Cirque show was La Nouba on our first trip to Disney in 2009!

So exciting!

heatherhy01

A little about us: We are Cdn and we go south each winter for a week. We have a DS7 who comes with us every other year and 2020 is our adults only year after doing a cruise in 2019 with our son. For our adults only trip in 2020, my DH and I decided to go to WDW!! 🎆🎆

Our last trip to WDW was in 2017 with our son and we plan to return for our next family trip in 2022 to celebrate my 50th and DS's 10th birthdays 🍾🎂

DH and I last went in 2009 before we had children because he had never been and I told him I was worried taking kids would ruin Disney for me, lol.
View attachment 380016

As it turns out, taking our son in 2017 was more amazing than I could have imagined - it was the perfect age (2 weeks before he turned 5) because he was old enough to do most things and really appreciate the wonder of WDW but young enough to believe in all the magic (exiting Star Tours, he asked the CM with complete wonder in his eyes - did we really just go into outer space?!?). But I am so excited to be going back with just DH to do the adult side of Disney again!

View attachment 380017

We plan to go for 8 nights with 7 day park hoppers and stay at one of the value resorts. We will likely get the QS dining plan to allow for full flexibility while we are there.

We love Epcot and want to take lots of time to really explore it while enjoying the food and drinks there. Other plans:
  • KTTK TOUR!!!! I am the most excited about this - I have always wanted to do it and this is a great chance since we won't have our son this trip
  • Behind the scenes tour of some kind at AK - I am on the fence about doing the one with the elephants or if we should do the rhinos
  • Late night park exploring and shows (hoping for some evening EMHs)
When were there last time, it was all about getting up early and hitting the parks, afternoon breaks when needed, and early to bed. This time, I expect some late mornings, good use of FP in the afternoons, and late evenings exploring the parks after dark. We love all the entertainment at Epcot and AK so we'll spend extra time in each of those parks in order to see as much as possible.

I can't talk about the trip much IRL because I don't want to be in my son's face about it and make him feel left out so here is where I will do my planning, thinking out loud, and wishful thinking along with talking through my excitement!!! I can't wait for Feb 2020!!!!!

View attachment 380020 View attachment 380021 View attachment 380022 View attachment 380025 View attachment 380026 View attachment 380027
Following along! I absolutely adore the photo of the three of you in front of the tree!!!

LisaBelle

Sounds like fun! I love family Disney trips, but adults only is so much fun, too. It's much easier to plan and change things on the fly when you only have to worry about 2 people. Looking forward to reading all your plans.

SaltyD

This sounds like so much fun! Disney Adulting is as much fun as Disney with kids - just different! You're going to have an amazing time! And you can shop for DS while you're there if you feel guilty :)

mollygirl21

Original Poster
Thanks for following along :)

A big update! I got the idea to check for a DVC rental through David's and I just got confirmation that we have a room at AKV for about $900 more than we would have spent on a room at the All Star resorts! I can't believe we are finally going to stay at this resort!

mollygirl21

Original Poster
Not a great update, hopefully it's nothing. DH wiped out on his dirtbike over the weekend and hurt his knee. Xray shows nothing broken but the doctor suspects ligament damage which may require surgery. The MRI to diagnose is probably 1-2 months away and who knows how long the wait is for surgery if he needs it. :crutches: We're 231 days out from our trip, fingers crossed all goes well and he recovers quickly! 🤞

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Hi! I found your TR earlier today, but can't find it anymore. I don't know if it's just me, but couldn't see any of your pictures then.
I hope you enjoyed your trip and would like to read about it. :)

mollygirl21

Original Poster
Hi! I found your TR earlier today, but can't find it anymore. I don't know if it's just me, but couldn't see any of your pictures then.
That's so strange! I can't find it either! I'll see if I can figure it out and then post a link here

mollygirl21

Original Poster
It says it is waiting moderator approval which is odd because each post said that as I went and they had already all been approved. Must be a glitch... I'll check back in a bit to see if it's been approved and released

mollygirl21

Original Poster
It seems to be back

Hope that works!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom