Feb 1 - 10th 2019 - WDW trip itinerary spreadsheet

joejccva71

Hi guys,

I would like your opinion and input. So back for my May trip I ended up making this spreadsheet up which some folks used not only from this site but also some liner friends over at Touring Plans. Now I'm going back Feb 2019 and here is my itinerary. I would like your opinions on it.

Keep in mind a few things first:
1. The breakfasts are really just to get into the parks early. Example, Garden Grill (still trying to get as close to 8am as possible). Also BoG at 8am, Hollywood & Vine 8am, etc.

2. I really need opinions on Fastpasses. So my last trip we ended up not only getting more done but also felt more relaxed in our trip because I split up the days into multiple parks using park hopper which let us return to all the parks multiple times. It worked VERY well. I will never do 1 day 1 park again. I like to have some breaks in mid-afternoon some days or have a day here and there where we sleep in, etc.

I'll give you an example. For 2/6/18 we're doing both DHS and MK that day. I could potentially not prebook DHS FP's and book MK ones but I'm not sure. I love DHS more because we're Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror fiends and we could ride those two rides all day long. But MK has more attractions so I'm really wondering if I should do MK FP's instead. Just not sure.

Anyways take a look at this and let me know what you think and what you would do. I got the restaurants covered. Not doing California Grill because the new menu doesn't impress me and I've seen some not so good reviews lately. Flying Fish and Yachtsman were good but I didn't get to do Ohana or Be Our Guest for dinner last trip so I thought I'd do that this time.

WDWtripFeb2019.PNG

joejccva71

Original Poster
I should probably mention that even though the spreadsheet looks like it's alot, every day has a planned break either before dinner or even after.

Upvote 0

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Your spreadsheet is stunning. 😍

I think your thought process is strong for your FP selections while hopping. I think you’re making a good choice to get FPs for the park that has more must-rides for you personally.

Upvote 0

Dave B

I thought you LOVED Shula's. no Shula's this trip? I am sorry if I have you confused with another poster, but I swear you are the one that loves Shula's, you will love Ohana's, great spread sheet

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Solid.

If I had a recommendation - I'd probably have a day (morning/evening) to resort hop (possibly the first of the back to back to back City Walk evening visits- and check into Uni a bit later).

But again....solid as is.

Also: Don't know that you'll necessarily need a FP for Pirates at 9:25am. (10-20 min at most---more likely 5-10)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joejccva71

Original Poster
I thought you LOVED Shula's. no Shula's this trip? I am sorry if I have you confused with another poster, but I swear you are the one that loves Shula's, you will love Ohana's, great spread sheet

Just saw this Dave. I loved Shula's but it was very expensive so going without this trip. Lol.

Upvote 0

joejccva71

Original Poster
I honestly would not go to different parks on the same day, and if you do this do it maybe for one of your days at most. It is much nicer to stay at one park each day. Switching parks is exhausting and takes a lot of time. If you keep jumping between parks or Disney Springs its a lot of effort. I'd take it easier IMO.

Also you made a good call to avoid California Grill, it was the only restaurant we did not like on our trip last week.

I hear ya about one park a days. We actually not only get more break time but we also "do more with less" by park hopping like this. We did it on our May 2018 trip and was amazing.

Example:
8am Breakfast ADR at Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom. Got in park early and once we were done eating, we were among the first to do Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Then went straight to Peter Pan after, then It's a small world, etc. Then we did our 3 morning Fast Passes, and then had went back to resort for a mid-day break and lunch. Pool time, relax time, etc. Then I'll try to schedule a night park with one that is either extra magic hours or open later, etc.

If it's open later, then i'll schedule an earlier dinner ADR and THEN go to the park. If it closes earlier, then we'll do a 8:30pm-9pm late dinner.

Either way we get like 4 hours of resort/pool time in each day or so. It just may not look like it from the spreadsheet. LOL.

I feel like doing one park a day can be utterly exhausting. I've done it before and I was done for the day by 4-5pm especially if it's hot out. However, by taking a mid-day break and then doing a park at night, I feel refreshed and not burnt out. Plus, the way I have it scheduled, I can do Flight of Passage at AK like 5 times. 3 different days of FPP's, one rope drop time, and one evening park closing time.

It works out. It sounds like alot but it's actually less.

Upvote 0

Andrew M

Nice work! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I put this one together for a group of 9 of us going in March, and color coded with Park Hours to plan out the rest of the day after FPs.

1546458578192.png

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I love your spreadsheet, and your idea about breaking up the days. I plan to do mid-day breaks most days of our next vacation. Park hopping takes no more effort than returning to the same park.

Is the 2/6 MK EMH the only EMH you're going to hit?

Upvote 0

joejccva71

Original Poster
I love your spreadsheet, and your idea about breaking up the days. I plan to do mid-day breaks most days of our next vacation. Park hopping takes no more effort than returning to the same park.

Is the 2/6 MK EMH the only EMH you're going to hit?

Yea the 10pm MK EMH on the 6th is our only one this trip. Just the way it worked out. Also for the mornings, I purposely scheduled our breakfasts as close to 8am as possible cause it lets you in the park early so you can get a jump on some attractions ahead of the crowds, like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the 8am BoG breakfast, and also getting on Soarin before park opens with the Garden Grill breakfast, etc.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I was thinking of using that technique as well, but we're not big breakfast people.

Where are you staying? I was kind of surprised (if you like park hopping) to not see a hop from Epcot to HS (or vice versa), since traveling between the two is so easy. We were thinking of doing part day at HS, wander the Boardwalk area and get some ice cream, then have dinner and Illuminations at Epcot.

Upvote 0

joejccva71

Original Poster
I was thinking of using that technique as well, but we're not big breakfast people.

Where are you staying? I was kind of surprised (if you like park hopping) to not see a hop from Epcot to HS (or vice versa), since traveling between the two is so easy. We were thinking of doing part day at HS, wander the Boardwalk area and get some ice cream, then have dinner and Illuminations at Epcot.

We're staying at Pop this trip. Stayed at Beach Club last time (May 2018 trip). I love park hopping and I know that it's nice to walk between Epcot and HS, or vice versa. But I honestly do it via park + Fast pass availability/selection. It's kind of a weird thing.

Example:
Epcot morning
AK evening

I pre-book the AK FP's: FoP, Exp Everest, Kilmanjaroo. Then when the day comes, have breakfast at Garden Grill, ride Soarin before park opens, then head straight to Test Track and get somewhat first in line for park open. Then go to Frozen and wait 20-30 minutes. Boom, 3 major attractions done without using a FP. Then can do Spaceship Earth and Mission Space before lunch.

Then, late afternoon/evening go to AK and do my Fast passes.

It's an awesome strategy. You get a ton done, eat good food, nice resort/pool break mid-day and then get a park in at night.

Another day, I'll do AK in the morning, MK in the evening. Prebook AK fastpasses, and then at MK later it's easier to pick up FP"s for Pirates, Space Mtn, Big Thunder, Haunted as our 3rd, 4th or 5th FP's.

You get the idea. Yea the walk between EP and HS is nice, but I don't always do those two together in same day. I also take Uber or Lyft alot instead of riding buses, etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom