Favourite Quiet Seating Area

Texas84

The porch/deck at Katsura Grill or an outdoor table there.

Photo: DFB

Attachments

• Japan-Pavilion-epcot-katsura-grill-1.jpg
    Japan-Pavilion-epcot-katsura-grill-1.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 83

Raineman

Original Poster
One thing I love about all of the responses here is that so many of them are different. Everyone has their own spot, and this post could serve as a checklist for people looking for another favourite spot.

Cmdr_Crimson

MK- The area adjacent to space mountain AKA the former smoking and Cabana tent space, Storybook circus tents with the furniture.

EPCOT- the former west wing of Innoventions

AK- Flame Tree seating area and trails by Dinosaur.

DHS - Starring rolls seating area, Pizza Rizzo upper seating area..

Simba’s Mom

Since I'm another rocking chair lover, I love the rocking chairs in Frontierland that are on the wooden porch just to the right as you come thru the walkway from Aloha Isle in Adventureland. I've found those rocking chairs to be a great place to people-watch as I sit and eat my pineapple upside down cake with Dole Whip from Aloha Isle.

Another great place isn't available right now-let's hope it is soon. Enter Epcot thru the IG between 9:00-11:00, before WS opens. Sit on a bench in UK and people-watch while, as Mr Holland would say "listen to the sunset". If you didn't see Mr. Holland's Opus, it's "On The Shore", a clarinet music, by A Belk.

NiarrNDisney

The little seating area near the Guerlain boutique in the France pavilion is one of our fave quiet zones.
Great choice though I'm afraid once Ratatouille opens it won't be as quiet. On another note the Guerlain store and the perfume shop next door give me the worst headaches! Far too fragrant you could probably cut the air vapour with a knife.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
MK - Tom Sawyer Island dock

EPCOT - Imagination bathroom benches or the American Adventure lobby

HS - Not sure if I've ever found a spot here... Perhaps a bench next to the bathroom in Animation Courtyard.

AK - Used to be the sound rooms at Rafiki's... Not I guess it'd have to be a bench on the bridge to Africa, or in the seating area of that restaurant thats never open which has an amazing view of Everest.

ELG13

The lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Although never empty, there's usually plenty of seating. If there weren't so many other things to do at Disney World, I could sit there for hours just admiring this magnificent space. And by some trick of sound engineering, it never seems too loud in here, despite being right next to Whispering Canyon Cafe.

The lobby of the Grand Californian is very similar in this resomoect, although the ambient noise seems a little louder.
Oh man....our last trip ,y husband had to drag me and my mom out of the wilderness lodge lobby. The water feature at night...it was quiet in there and the kids enjoyed jsut relaxing. And i really enjoyed their gift shop.

chama1

My favorite places for "quiet time" is area near the open bar at the Springs and read my kindle, while having lunch and listening to the Disney piped music...in the fall/winter...people watching there is fun also...Another area is at Epcot (France)...at times you can smell the perfume from the shops...

Heppenheimer

Oh man....our last trip ,y husband had to drag me and my mom out of the wilderness lodge lobby. The water feature at night...it was quiet in there and the kids enjoyed jsut relaxing. And i really enjoyed their gift shop.
It does seem to be one of the few to escape the Chapek trend of the gift shops becoming more generic and standardized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom