Favourite Quiet Seating Area

Raineman

Original Poster
What is the seating area at WDW that you like to go to relax and get away from the crowds? There are a few that I like, but nothing beats the covered area behind Tamu Tamu at DAK. The theming is great, there is cover from the sun with the lattice “roof”, and, even if there are quite a few people in there, it is fairly quiet, despite being right next to a high traffic area in the park. A great place to kick back with a Dole Whip (with rum, if you are so inclined), rest your feet, and watch the birds as they join you.

Club Cooloholic

What is the seating area at WDW that you like to go to relax and get away from the crowds? There are a few that I like, but nothing beats the covered area behind Tamu Tamu at DAK. The theming is great, there is cover from the sun with the lattice “roof”, and, even if there are quite a few people in there, it is fairly quiet, despite being right next to a high traffic area in the park. A great place to kick back with a Dole Whip (with rum, if you are so inclined), rest your feet, and watch the birds as they join you.
The dock by Aunt Polly's in a rocking chair.

Heppenheimer

I don't know if it has a name or even still exists, but my vote would be that empty but well-shaded area right next to Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom. There's places to sit and usually only one or two other people, since the area is essentially a hidden cul-de-sac.

It has the look as if Disney originally intended some animal exhibits to occupy the space, but the plans got axed due to budget cuts. No idea if that is the case, though, just speculation.

For Disneyland, my vote would go to that little shaded square between the Haunted Mansion and the rail station. Especially at night.

nickys

Premium Member
MK: the station in Fantasyland; TSI (Aunt Polly’s, outside the water mill or anywhere where there’s a quiet spot); down one of the alleys off Main St; on the walls in Adventureland (not quiet but great for people watching and looking for the carved animals).

Epcot: Canada, Japan or UK gardens; inside the Peace Temple; outside The Land (again not quiet but everyone is on their way in or out, so no one bothering you);

DHS: tough one this without sitting in a lounge - one is to get in line for Indy early and just enjoy the peace.

AK: at the underwater hippo viewing (no sitting and not quiet but I find the sight of those huge animals swimming totally mesmerising and beautiful); watching the gorillas at the end of the trail; Dinosaur area.

I’ll keep my resort faves to myself. 😎

StarWarsGirl

The dock by Aunt Polly's in a rocking chair.
I was about to say that one.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons at 3 pm in a corner. Grab dessert and chill. I've used this for my brother who's on the autism spectrum when I can tell he needs downtime

DHS: Top floor of Pizzarizzo. There's a balcony and it's super quiet for just people watching.

AK: Down by the water at Flame Tree.

Club Cooloholic

I was about to say that one.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons at 3 pm in a corner. Grab dessert and chill. I've used this for my brother who's on the autism spectrum when I can tell he needs downtime

DHS: Top floor of Pizzarizzo. There's a balcony and it's super quiet for just people watching.

AK: Down by the water at Flame Tree.
I was gonna say Flame Tree as well. Back in one of the gazebos

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'm assuming this isn't just parks. So Dahlia, Tambu Lounge, Geyser Point, Clementine's Beach with a drink from Crockett's watching the sunset or just after, and/or the beach area in between Poly and GF.

Heppenheimer

The lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. Although never empty, there's usually plenty of seating. If there weren't so many other things to do at Disney World, I could sit there for hours just admiring this magnificent space. And by some trick of sound engineering, it never seems too loud in here, despite being right next to Whispering Canyon Cafe.

The lobby of the Grand Californian is very similar in this resomoect, although the ambient noise seems a little louder.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The benches between the former Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life pavilions used to be my preferred quiet spot. I'm sure that won't be the case whenever Play and Guardians open up, however. Innoventions West by Club Cool also. :(

Not sure how quiet it is when things are super crowded, but the benches near Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK have also been nice to sit on while enjoying a citrus swirl.

Minnesota disney fan

MK: Sitting in the 2 rocking chairs by where the muppets used to be, beside the Hall of Presidents, I think? It is set back from the main street and usually quiet and peaceful.

EPcot: UK gardens behind the buildings. It's a beautiful, restful place to rest up.

AK: I second Flame Tree by the water and the area past the exit of Dinosaur.

HS: I can't really think of any? I have rested at ROR on the wall while my husband rode it. The benches are nice too, but usually taken.

NiarrNDisney

MK - Aunt Polly's, Tomorrowland Terrace and the area between Space Mountain and Rocket tower Plaza Restrooms

Epcot - The outdoor seating areas of Katsura Grill as well as the little alcove areas in Future World.

DHS - Around Echo Lake

DAK - Nomad Lounge and Flame Tree Barbecues seating area

NelleBelle

I like sitting just before the entrance to Adventureland (both at MK and DLR) where there are some nice flowers where we tend to see a lot of butterflies; great for people watching (and making kids do their homework when we'd pull them out of school! Can't do that anymore now that they're in HS and trying to get into some pretty good Universities) 😉

Mickey5150

This can apply to any resort but since I usually stay at All-Star Sports, I'll use it for my example. Being an early riser, any of the countless benches around the resort around 5 am when no one is around. A quiet and peaceful moment before the chaos begins. In the parks would have to be at Epcot, sitting outside Les Halles in France having breakfast, especially on a cooler morning.

JustAFan

Figment's queue? :D

OK seriously, the seas area of Epcot is usually a low traffic area as well as nice music and things to see. Another nice area, although not away from crowds, is the walkway from the hub at MK to Tomorrowland. I'm not talking about the main Tomorrowland entrance, but the one closer to Main Street that takes you through Tomorrowland Terrace. It's enough off the main flow to catch your breathe, but still have great views of the park, including the castle.

JIMINYCR

MK... Train station overlooking Main St
Cinderellas Wishing well area
Path running behind Space Mtn to Fantasyland

DHS... Area outside ToT, by the Joffreys kiosk

EP... Behind UK pavilion
The 2 areas opposite Italy and France pavilions, overlooking the water.

AK... Pathway around Tree of Life
Isolated area outside the Finding Nemo theatre

NiarrNDisney

Way to go, everyone. You’ve just alerted Disney to the areas of the parks that aren’t bringing in enough money. Every spot mentioned here will now become a meet-and-greet with a merch cart.

In that case I will also mention as these places could use a little plussing:

MK - Circus Tents of Storybook Circus, Market Street, Tortuga Tavern, the old queue for the Mike Finn Keel Boats

Epcot - African Outpost, Canada (especially the upper area), Imagination

DHS - Animation Courtyard, Beauty and the Beast Live

DAK - Dinorama, Kali River Rapids, the Oasis

Other - Blizzard Beach (another small attraction or restaurant would be nice around the parking lot), the area of south Hourglass lake between AOA's Cars and Pop's 70's parking lots (great place for a Lounge/cafe something like Spyglass Grill but with times for adults only).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom